Votes: 33 3.2%
  • No, I haven't but I've always wanted to

Votes: 518 49.6%
  • Nope, never considered it

Votes: 200 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sleep with my henna on I just wrap my hair in saran wrap and top tht with a plastic cap and top that with a scarf. I sleep with it overnight and then wash and D/C sometime the next day. I haven't done a treatment in a minute but I will be doing one tommorow I have my mix setting as we speak. I used henna/cloves/paprika/cayanne pepper/lemon juice/water, tommorow after the color releases I will add alma oil and conditioner and sense I am breastfeeding I have some fenugreek so maybe i'll throw some of that in as well.

Shadylane I slept in my henna and my urine was black for a couple of hours, it went back to its normal color but I was surprised to see black urine. I'm saying this to say, I don't think you should breast feed on that day after your henna application.. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Shadylane I slept in my henna and my urine was black for a couple of hours, it went back to its normal color but I was surprised to see black urine. I'm saying this to say, I don't think you should breast feed on that day after your henna application.. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I remember someone else experiencing this also, this is one of the reasons I was afraid to leave it on overnight.

I love all of my LHCF members very much, so please if you are not a doctor or midwife please be careful of what you advise to others.

Yes henna and herbs you use would enter into your system. I am not sure why your pee would be black especially since henna is a red toned herb and not black. Maybe there was something else you ate. I know my hubby gets nervous when he eats beets because his urine always shocks him!

I can only speak from experience and say that, I am not a medical expert, I am a breastfeeding mom of 6 babies (of course over the last ten years, not all at once, lol!) and I have been doing natural hair care for over 10 yrs now. If you are a regular berastfeeding mom, then skipping a day wouldn't be an option. I have never had colored pee in all of my henna time, nor has this affected any of my children. Also naturopaths or herbalists, and my own midwives never advised me against using henna on my hair and such. It is a natural product which is supposed to benefit us, and bring us away from harmful chemicals that could get into your babies or pregnant bellies systems. This is another reason to want to use henna and herbs, for your children and their health.
I have always gone into my midwives office with henna designs all over my pregnant belly, and they've adored it!!

Of course this is just my own experience but I'd recommend you ask a professional in case this has brought any concern to your attention.

This is the honest truth: I sleep with mine overnight too. I'm just too busy otherwise to be doing henna at any other time.

It might be that everyone is different perhaps...dark pee is scary though. I would have asked a doctor about it.

Wow that is NOT normal. Did you use pure henna without PPD?

Btw flowinlocks I sleep with henna on my hair with no problems. I just throw on a plastic cap and cover it with a scarf.

Btw flowinlocks I sleep with henna on my hair with no problems. I just throw on a plastic cap and cover it with a scarf.

I agree. What brand of Henna did you use? Did you use what's called "Black Henna"? That's stuff isn't 100% natural.

Just to let you all know. I had to have my username changed but it's still me "Henna Sooq" :)

Baddison, it is still a good idea for you to let your henna sit for dye release. and this also depends on which henna powder you choose. Some take longer or shorter times then others. Once you let it sit anywhere from 2-12 hours for dye release, then the henna still releases color as well like jamila usually can sit for up to 24 hours (I do body art and mine sits out for 24 hours).

ShadyLane, your daughter is so gorgeous!! That was a 4 and half months old pic of her?! I thought she was a bit older. Must be allof that good milk you give her! I hope she had a good time with that cake.

THanks Khadja. I searched your site, but I couldn't find any Moroccan Henna. Is it out of stock. I prefer the browner tones instead of the redder tones that Jamila gives. What other hennas give browner/blacker tones without doing the 2-step henna&indigo treatment??

Would it be ok to add Kenra MC to my henna mix? If so, how much should I add for 200grams?

I don't see why not - I added both Redken All Soft and Lustrasilk Mango/Shea butter to mine...I used 1/2 cup of each for 100 grams - I would think maybe 1/2 cup to a whole cup of your Kenra (I would hate to see u use that much of your conditioner in the Henna)

I don't see why not - I added both Redken All Soft and Lustrasilk Mango/Shea butter to mine...I used 1/2 cup of each for 100 grams - I would think maybe 1/2 cup to a whole cup of your Kenra (I would hate to see u use that much of your conditioner in the Henna)

Ok, thanks! The last time I used henna i used 200 grams and only about 1tbs of GVP The Conditoner and my hair was really dry so I wanna prevent as much dryness as I can.

I know some people use oil to combat dryness too. Which oil is the best to use. I used grapeseed and castor oil and it didn't seem to do anything at all. I mixed them together and used 1/4 cup to 200 grams of henna plus the tbs of conditioner. I just dont wanna give up on henna yet, I only used it once so far. I hope I get better results next time if God wills.

I know some people use oil to combat dryness too. Which oil is the best to use. I used grapeseed and castor oil and it didn't seem to do anything at all. I mixed them together and used 1/4 cup to 200 grams of henna plus the tbs of conditioner. I just dont wanna give up on henna yet, I only used it once so far. I hope I get better results next time if God wills.

Try organic coconut oil, brahmi, shikakai, amla or bhringraj oil. I have used all of these oils and they all work great with henna and ayurveda powders.

I love all of my LHCF members very much, so please if you are not a doctor or midwife please be careful of what you advise to others.

Yes henna and herbs you use would enter into your system. I am not sure why your pee would be black especially since henna is a red toned herb and not black. Maybe there was something else you ate. I know my hubby gets nervous when he eats beets because his urine always shocks him!

I can only speak from experience and say that, I am not a medical expert, I am a breastfeeding mom of 6 babies (of course over the last ten years, not all at once, lol!) and I have been doing natural hair care for over 10 yrs now. If you are a regular berastfeeding mom, then skipping a day wouldn't be an option. I have never had colored pee in all of my henna time, nor has this affected any of my children. Also naturopaths or herbalists, and my own midwives never advised me against using henna on my hair and such. It is a natural product which is supposed to benefit us, and bring us away from harmful chemicals that could get into your babies or pregnant bellies systems. This is another reason to want to use henna and herbs, for your children and their health.
I have always gone into my midwives office with henna designs all over my pregnant belly, and they've adored it!!

Of course this is just my own experience but I'd recommend you ask a professional in case this has brought any concern to your attention.

First off Ty for the baby comment! She stuck her hand in the cake so I was like well I might as well let her taste it, we cleaned it off her hands after the pic and she was mad:lachen:
2nd off I am a full time breastfeeding mom and Nurse and from my research henna is totally fine while breastfeeding so thank you for explaining that they even do henna on pregnant ladies bellies so thanks for clarifying that.

3rd to the other poster who posted about the dark urine TY for your concern I truly appreciate it but as a nurse I would really get that black urine issue checked out because that is not normal to my knowledge and you may need to use some diffrent henna because I sleep with it all the time and have never had any issues.

4th I always let my mix cure overnight eventhough I will be sleeping with it on my hair.

Last edited:
Thank you ShadyLane for your feedback on this! I didn't realize you were a nurse. It's good to know. and welcome on your baby's comment. She is a real cutie pie.

THanks Khadja. I searched your site, but I couldn't find any Moroccan Henna. Is it out of stock. I prefer the browner tones instead of the redder tones that Jamila gives. What other hennas give browner/blacker tones without doing the 2-step henna&indigo treatment??

Still looking ofr Moroccan Henna. Do you have any in stock, Khadija?:yep:

I purchased my henna from Mehandi, I'll tell you the brand, I have some in my fridge right now. Anyway, yes, my urine was black.. I'm planning to henna my hair again in another 6 weeks and I'm going to sleep in it again and see if it happens again.. I was nervous at first but then I thought it's natural so it shouldn't hurt but what do I know.

Wow! Is this the only henna you have tried? and if not did the other henna's make your urine black as well? How long was urine black? Was your urine actually black or just dark? Sorry so many questions but I just find this unusual.

Okay I did a henna gloss strand test on dry hair and wet hair. Rinsed and did a light conditioner for moisture. My strands where dry and in the light the strands turned reddish-brown. :nono: I left it on the strands for about 2 hours and 30 min.

Don't know. I read where you can mix organic beet juice for a more redden color. Should I henna or use Adore. Very confused right now.

If I henna the whole head I need a good moisture mix. Any suggestions?

Okay I did a henna gloss strand test on dry hair and wet hair. Rinsed and did a light conditioner for moisture. My strands where dry and in the light the strands turned reddish-brown. :nono: I left it on the strands for about 2 hours and 30 min.

Don't know. I read where you can mix organic beet juice for a more redden color. Should I henna or use Adore. Very confused right now.

If I henna the whole head I need a good moisture mix. Any suggestions?

Hi Hurricane!

The Henna is more of a long term color and will not wash out. The longer you leave the henna gloss on the deeper the color. What color Adore do you have? I had just completed a henna gloss in the pic on my siggy.

What is your ultimate goal?

I do both henna gloss and temp/semi permanent color...

Hi Hurricane!

The Henna is more of a long term color and will not wash out. The longer you leave the henna gloss on the deeper the color. What color Adore do you have? I had just completed a henna gloss in the pic on my siggy.

I want a red color without the brown. The Adore is crimson. My ultimate goal is thicker strands with a vibrant color, plus strengthening.

Thanks for responding.

I want a red color without the brown. The Adore is crimson. My ultimate goal is thicker strands with a vibrant color, plus strengthening.

Thanks for responding.

hmmm...If I were you, I would go with the henna gloss for right now because you definitely get the strengthening, thicker strands and more of a burgundy/mahogany color. Have you been to the hennafor hair.com? The only thing is that you may have to wait a few weeks (if you decide to still do the rinse) because the henna kinda makes it hard for anything to penetrate..

HTH

Hi Hurricane!

Aaaa HA!!! That's how you got your hair shinning like new money!! :scratchch :bling:

LMAO...

AJJ, You must have missed my thread when I did my 1st Henna gloss and I was thanking Lavendar...that is where this pic came from.

Henna gloss has me wanting to break my "no buy" personal challenge. The results are wonderful. I have fine strands that need strength.

I'll keep my eye open.

This could, quite possibly, be THE longest thread ever in the history of LHCF. I henna....I've posted in this thread. Couldn't tell you where though. It's an amazing technique. Just be careful, relaxed, fine-haired girls, that you treat HENNA like a protein. I was henna'ing and doubling up on protein and my hair became brittle as a result. These days, I henna and don't do protein and my hair is doing fine. Remember....the henna makes your hair STRONG. So, don't sleep on it's benefits....and don't overdo the protein while henna'ing. OK? Ok! :huggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back