• No, I haven't but I've always wanted to

Votes: 518 49.6%
  • Nope, never considered it

Votes: 200 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Smiles :grin:

I apologize. What I meant was which henna powder are you using? Specifically the country of origin? Moroccan tends to give off the least deep red tone in comparison to the other 3 henna powders we have.

I don't know what type, but the country of origin is India....... It's is a foil packaging & it says India fall crop.

Thanks Aggie, I never wrapped my hair in foil with the Indigo, I'll try this too :grin: Hey do you guys think adding Indigo powders to my cond. and cowashes might help my hair hold on to the color longer?????

Aggie, no I should thank you! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! I wish we could compare regular salt to sea salt. It's possible that sea salt might work better. I'm going to check around on this.

Luxe, I wish you the best of results with herbal treatments!!

Flowinlocks, okay the indian can be a bit deep reddish, that one and yemeni is very red toned. I'd still recommend the moroccan henna. I don't mind sending you a sample of the moroccan, just message me :) I mean it won't hurt to give it a shot. This is the only powder I use on my hubby because he really doesn't want red tones to be flarring out.

Thanks Aggie, I never wrapped my hair in foil with the Indigo, I'll try this too :grin: Hey do you guys think adding Indigo powders to my cond. and cowashes might help my hair hold on to the color longer?????

You're welcomed flowinlocks. Just a note of caution because I don't want you to waste your indigo - Indigo does not co-operate well with anything other than water and the salt, meaning it will not add any color to your hair if mixed with anything. This info I got from www.hennaforhair.com e-book.

Aggie, no I should thank you! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! I wish we could compare regular salt to sea salt. It's possible that sea salt might work better. I'm going to check around on this.

Luxe, I wish you the best of results with herbal treatments!!

Flowinlocks, okay the indian can be a bit deep reddish, that one and yemeni is very red toned. I'd still recommend the moroccan henna. I don't mind sending you a sample of the moroccan, just message me :) I mean it won't hurt to give it a shot. This is the only powder I use on my hubby because he really doesn't want red tones to be flarring out.

You're welcomed Henna Sooq.

I think the conditioner might run down the color of the indigo more so then show deeper black results. Foil wrap!! neat. What about extra heat?

Yes I do add heat - half the time with heat and half without. Also, I agree with your response on the indigo/conditioner mixture. I really feel that there will not be much if any color deposit left on the hair if the indigo is mixed with conditioner/oils, etc.

flowinlocks - I would recommend that you do a strand test with a little bit of the indigo/conditioner mixture and see if there would be any color deposited before wasting boxes of it and it doesn't work, okay?

Yes the indigo is really fussy. It more then likely would be a wasted effort. Try these other options first. In my opinion, if it were me, I'd try out the moroccan henna instead of the indian. It's just been my experience.

Night ladies!

Thank you, Henna Sooq. I think I'll just stick with what I'm used to (Jamila). BTW, I used Aggie's method for Henna and Indigo back in November. My hair's still a "natural black".:grin: I thought it would have started to fade by now.

ETA: I didn't use foil, I used Saran Wrap.

Yes I do add heat - half the time with heat and half without. Also, I agree with your response on the indigo/conditioner mixture. I really feel that there will not be much if any color deposit left on the hair if the indigo is mixed with conditioner/oils, etc.

flowinlocks - I would recommend that you do a strand test with a little bit of the indigo/conditioner mixture and see if there would be any color deposited before wasting boxes of it and it doesn't work, okay?

Yeah, when I try it I'll let you guys know what happens. I'll only try a little cause lord knows I don't want to be wasting product:nono: Maybe I'll try a little heat the next time also........ Oh yeah when I mentioned adding it to my cowashes, I kinda figured it won't be a lot of color deposit, I was thinking maybe it would just help keep an existing Henna/Indigo treatment richer?????:perplexed

Thank you, Henna Sooq. I think I'll just stick with what I'm used to (Jamila). BTW, I used Aggie's method for Henna and Indigo back in November. My hair's still a "natural black".:grin: I thought it would have started to fade by now.

Good to hear you had great results with it Platinum:grin:. Yeah that natural looking black is just breathtakingly gorgeous. I couldn't stop myself from looking at my hair afterwards, it was so soft and shiny too.

Hennasooq, I'm going to be trying the Yemeni henna I ordered from you some time next week. I used the Jamila back in November and loved it, but I want a more intense red...I'll keep you updated :)

Good to hear you had great results with it Platinum:grin:. Yeah that natural looking black is just breathtakingly gorgeous. I couldn't stop myself from looking at my hair afterwards, it was so soft and shiny too.

Ok ya'll twisted my arm. I'm off work tomorrow, so I'm off to mix up some Henna:spinning:

I love the results I got from using your Henna Indigo recipes. I'm going to continue using them.:yep:

Ok I'm back, Aggie your hair is gorgeous!!!, I noticed you added Bhrami, Bhringraj, Amla,and Fenugeek Tea to your Henna mix, I bet you hair was super soft, I never thought of adding these to my Henna treatments. I don't have Amla oil, do you think the powder would be ok? I would be using the Fenugreek in powder form also.

Ok I'm back, Aggie your hair is gorgeous!!!, I noticed you added Bhrami, Bhringraj, Amla,and Fenugeek Tea to your Henna mix, I bet you hair was super soft, I never thought of adding these to my Henna treatments. I don't have Amla oil, do you think the powder would be ok? I would be using the Fenugreek in powder form also.

Yes girl, my hair does come out really really soft and shiny after my henna treatments:lick:. Many people add amla powder and I do add a little of it to mine myseld. It acts like a terp, ie, it's citric and helps the henna release color faster so it would be a good addition, maybe about a teaspoon or a tablespoon should suffice. You can use other oils if you have them, like shikakai or brahmi oil. I even put coconut oil in mine - I just like mine to give my hair ultra softness:yep:.

Aggie do you ever Henna overnight? And if so How do you keep it from being messy on your pillow?

Oh no dear, I would never do this. I have DC'ed overnight but never henna'ed my hair that way and don't intend to. I am not a great fan of keeping henna on my hair longer than 3-4 hours - a personal preference. I think I may have left it on for 5 hours at one point, but it's not a habit of mine. I know that many ladies have done it and get great results but I like to play it safe when it comes to my hair. I don't want to try and fix something that's not broken, ya know:look:?

Oh no dear, I would never do this. I have DC'ed overnight but never henna'ed my hair that way and don't intend to. I am not a great fan of keeping henna on my hair longer than 3-4 hours - a personal preference. I think I may have left it on for 5 hours at one point, but it's not a habit of mine. I know that many ladies have done it and get great results but I like to play it safe when it comes to my hair. I don't want to try and fix something that's not broken, ya know:look:?

Lol, I feel you. I'm off to mix up my concoction for tomorrow, goodnight.

Hey I just had a brain storm, What about trying a Hendigo mix, THEN doing a separate Indigo treatment alone????

Well in my quest to find out if I could get blacker results from doing a Hendigo treatment then doing a Indigo treatment following, as opposed to doing the traditional Henna/Indigo. The end result was darker doing Hendigo first. I will do it this way from now on. I still have to wait a few days for it to oxidize then it will be even darker, overall I'm pleased with my experiment. Also I have included a link that talks about Indigo & Refreshing it as it fades, it can be retouched a few days later if the desired result is not achieved http://www.hennaforhair.com/gray/graycolors4.html
also when refreshing instead of doing the whole process all over it suggests doing a mix of mostly Indigo & a small amount of Henna. I will try this also and let you know how it works.

Last edited:
I sleep with my henna on I just wrap my hair in saran wrap and top tht with a plastic cap and top that with a scarf. I sleep with it overnight and then wash and D/C sometime the next day. I haven't done a treatment in a minute but I will be doing one tommorow I have my mix setting as we speak. I used henna/cloves/paprika/cayanne pepper/lemon juice/water, tommorow after the color releases I will add alma oil and conditioner and sense I am breastfeeding I have some fenugreek so maybe i'll throw some of that in as well.

I sleep with my henna on I just wrap my hair in saran wrap and top tht with a plastic cap and top that with a scarf. I sleep with it overnight and then wash and D/C sometime the next day. I haven't done a treatment in a minute but I will be doing one tommorow I have my mix setting as we speak. I used henna/cloves/paprika/cayanne pepper/lemon juice/water, tommorow after the color releases I will add alma oil and conditioner and sense I am breastfeeding I have some fenugreek so maybe i'll throw some of that in as well.

Since you are sleeping with your henna overnite, does it matter if the the color releases before you apply it. I would imagine that sometime during the nite the color will release in your head anyway right?

I am considering the overnite method, but I need to know if its absolutely necessary for the color to release first since it will be on my head for at least 12-14 hours.???

Just to let you all know. I had to have my username changed but it's still me "Henna Sooq" :)

Baddison, it is still a good idea for you to let your henna sit for dye release. and this also depends on which henna powder you choose. Some take longer or shorter times then others. Once you let it sit anywhere from 2-12 hours for dye release, then the henna still releases color as well like jamila usually can sit for up to 24 hours (I do body art and mine sits out for 24 hours).

ShadyLane, your daughter is so gorgeous!! That was a 4 and half months old pic of her?! I thought she was a bit older. Must be allof that good milk you give her! I hope she had a good time with that cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back