Do guys hair grow faster then females

divine

I ask this, because my bf and I were on a beat on whose hair could grow that fasted in a year. Well I went throught some hair drama, and ended up with a good length, but no good enough.....

My bf on the other had does do anything to his hair. Does oil it, only washed it when I was it for him. I take care of the boxs hair.

and its not fair.... hes hair is so soft and shiny.
I pressed it out today to see how long it got and its a little past it a females bra strap.......
I
I don't understand, so do guys hair grow faster?

look at what u said...he doesn't do anything to it. that's why it grows. it's not that their hair grows faster, women do so much stuff to our hair (perm, texturize, color, weaves, ponytails...) that it's more prone to break and shed.

Not only is it the difference in styling options, but also just like some women grow hair really fast, there will be men that grow hair fast. Maybe your boyfriend is one of those people who are blessed like that...

[ QUOTE ]
divine said:
well [** potty mouth **], why hasn;t mines grown as much

[/ QUOTE ]

how often do you get your hair pressed?

whenever I don't have my hair braided which is about 4 times out a year.
Its probably b/c of the relaxer I got....
my hair was growing fast and I relaxed it and it was what the hell.....
it washed my hair tonight and measured it....
5 inches of new growth inch october....
so since hair grows fast in the summer, and im not relaxer..
my hair will grow out again

[ QUOTE ]
weaveadiva said:
look at what u said...he doesn't do anything to it. that's why it grows. it's not that their hair grows faster, women do so much stuff to our hair (perm, texturize, color, weaves, ponytails...) that it's more prone to break and shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing...

It's not neccesarily that theirs grows faster...they just dont do anything to destroy the length.

When I permed I was blowdrying it, using a curling iron, brushing it into a wrap at night, brushing it down in the morning and bumping the ends under with a warm iron...and I got my hair to 5 or 6 inches past the base of my neck! Just think what would have happened if we had followed your BF's routine!
shocked.gif

Face it, women are severly concerned about their hair appears...to the point of "doing it" to death.

Whenever I have asked a woman with long hair how she got it that way...it was always on a special occasion, cause that was the only time you saw it down. Then she always smiled and said, "Nothin..." I thought she was just holding out cause she didn't want to share her secret...but the fact is...she was telling the truth.

I am going to do my routine until I get shoulder length...at the rate I am going it will be by the end of the year. After that...I am going to your BF's routine.
smile.gif

its true cause i asked a male friend of mine years ago on how the guys get longer hair so fast. He otld me do nothing to it. Dotn comb, brush, etc. Just leave it alone. So i did that by wearing a scarf only for like 6 months or so and i will say my hair 'did' grow. I was very happy. Didn't keep that style very long though cause i wasn't as knowledgeable about good hair care as i am now and i got tired of the scarf. But it did grow.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
weaveadiva said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing...

It's not neccesarily that theirs grows faster...they just dont do anything to destroy the length.

When I permed I was blowdrying it, using a curling iron, brushing it into a wrap at night, brushing it down in the morning and bumping the ends under with a warm iron...and I got my hair to 5 or 6 inches past the base of my neck! Just think what would have happened if we had followed your BF's routine!
shocked.gif

Face it, women are severly concerned about their hair appears...to the point of "doing it" to death.

Whenever I have asked a woman with long hair how she got it that way...it was always on a special occasion, cause that was the only time you saw it down. Then she always smiled and said, "Nothin..." I thought she was just holding out cause she didn't want to share her secret...but the fact is...she was telling the truth.

I am going to do my routine until I get shoulder length...at the rate I am going it will be by the end of the year. After that...I am going to your BF's routine.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

well okay, everybody has took the answer leave it alone..besides the fact that mah baby is a mix breed..lol he doesn't do anything to his hair..keeps it braided..and has longer hair than me.. and i hate him for it
smile.gif
(j/p)

Back