Disney's Black Princess has BEAUTIFUL hair!

They are long overdue but I'm glad they're doing it:yep:

Get it girl! I may not ban my kids from watching Disney afterall!:lachen:

I think that's a requirement of Disney princesses - they MUST have long hair. I don't think there's been one princess above WL in Disney... :lol: No, no, I take that back - Snow White had short hair. :lol: But wasn't that because her evil stepmother cut it all off? :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell had short hair didn't she? It was put up in a pony but it was pretty short I think. She's no princess but she's the only thing I can think of besides snow white

All I can say is that it is about time that they made a Black princess...I mean they had a Russian, Asian, Indian...every damn culture except US.:nono: Anywho...she's beautiful and her hair is awesome :grin:

Tinkerbell had short hair didn't she? It was put up in a pony but it was pretty short I think. She's no princess but she's the only thing I can think of besides snow white

I don't know how I remember this but in the cartoon version Tinkerbell had a high blonde ponytail. In the movie Hook, the actress wore a short pixie wig.

Absolutely lovely. Many of the pics could be either natural or relaxed styles. They could pass for either one:yep:.

They were missing a Black princess! I loved Mulan. She was my hero when I was younger.

The princess is beautiful. I want her hair. :lol:

She is so beautiful I can't wait to see it. Her hair is just gorgeous and I wish I had the length to try some of those styles:lachen:

OMG!!! She's beautiful and I love all of the hairstyles on her!:yep: Why didn't they have this when I was growing up?? I would encourage black people to support this movie when it comes to the theaters!

Oh they are all so beautiful!!! I can't wait for this come out.:yay:

On another note, this pic here, I don't know why, but she kinda resembles Penny Proud from Disney's The Proud Family. I love me some Penny!!:lol:
tiana2bdesign2mn8.jpg

I don't know how I remember this but in the cartoon version Tinkerbell had a high blonde ponytail. In the movie Hook, the actress wore a short pixie wig.

That actress was Julia Roberts! :yep:

I think that's a requirement of Disney princesses - they MUST have long hair. I don't think there's been one princess above WL in Disney... No, no, I take that back - Snow White had short hair. But wasn't that because her evil stepmother cut it all off?

Cinderella's step sisters cut her hair off towards the end. Snow White just had short hair. I grew up watching these movies. :grin:

Last edited:
If this movie tops Mulan I'll be so happy.

No other Disney movie does it for me like Mulan does..

"Let's get down to business!..." :::singing:::

OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SONGS TO COME OUT!!!!

I. AM. FREAKING. EXCITED. ABOUT. THIS. MOVIE.

When I was Disney-age I relied on Jasmine and Pocahontas when it came to dress up time.:nono: The only ones tan like me.:lachen:

NOW THERE'S A REAL BLACK PRINCESS. And she's...omigosh...wait for it...BROWN! With...with a nose...and lips.

Disney...you may win me back yet! *I still hate you for exploiting workers in Haiti though.*

OMIGOSH! I have to hear the music for this!!

Sadly...I will be running over some little ones to get a good seat for this. :blush:

maddy2b2cdb4.jpg
i like this one. and the one where you pointed out the expression is priceless.

a black princess-
its about time isn't it?

Last edited:
I don't know...

They tried and I am not one to look on the bad side of things but, why all the hair? I mean couldn't she have a reasonable amount of hair? Like MBL or BS, that relates more to the children I see.

She is pretty and they did try but, the hair is not what's up....

Most people I see don't have that length not accompanied by a weave or something or as another poster said, "assistance":lachen:.

They tried....

If I'm not mistaken all the princesses had long hair. :look: Nobody in fairy tales had short hair. I think she's really pretty. :yep:

Thank you for sharing, I wish they had a black princess when I was growing up. Oh well at least my daughter will get to see it.

I know, would have been nice to have seen someone on tv back then that looks like me.
Took them a while, but she's here at last. She's cute and loving her hair.

I think that's a requirement of Disney princesses - they MUST have long hair. I don't think there's been one princess above WL in Disney... :lol: No, no, I take that back - Snow White had short hair. :lol: But wasn't that because her evil stepmother cut it all off? :rolleyes:
I think I would consider Belle as having above WL hair. And Giselle from Enchanted eventually cut her hair to about bra strap length :grin:

Back