Did you have success with Biotin?

Have you had success with Biotin?

• Total voters
I only used it for 2 months, and I know that is not enough time to see any results, but I didn't see any immediate results ,so I become discouraged and stopped taking the supplements.:ohwell:

I only used it for 2 months, and I know that is not enough time to see any results, but I didn't see any immediate results ,so I become discouraged and stopped taking the supplements.:ohwell:
Did you take it with MSM? and did you eat enough protein also?

I recieved great results with biotin, but horrible acne. I still haven't completely recovered, but I stopped using it to get my skin back under control. Now I'm taking Futurbiotics Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins and so far no problems.

Same as above for me. Really good healthy growth but horrible acne I'm still recovering from. I had to stop taking it.

yes i take biotin 5,ooo each day and i seem to have a liitle growth....however each day a new pimple pop up...i dont know it could be the oils ive been using too.but i think it works when u take u drink tons of water.

I didn't take it long enough to determine if I received any growth benefits or not. I starting getting bad acne and had to discontinue. BTW, I was taking it with the other vitamins mentioned and drinking lots of water.

i was very successful with , but compared to Mega Tek it was nothing.... Biotin broke me out so bad ...i had cystic pimples, white head and little bumps i threw that sh*t in the trash and had to do some serious things to get my skin back to to normal

It's weird, everybody else started breaking out with too much Biotin, I broke out with too much MSM! I was up to 4000 mg a day of MSM and was about to up it to 6000 when I noticed two dry, brown patches on each side of my forehead and the pores on my cheeks turned bright red. I stopped taking it altogether and my skin has since cleared up! Biotin never gave me a problem though.

I didn't even know biotin caused breakouts, I never had a problem. with it. I'm not really sure if I had growth from it because I am doing MT too.

Biotin is the bomb for me. Been taking it for 3 months. It is clearing my skin. I notice a difference in my new growth also. I cannot go any longer than 6 weeks before getting a relaxer. I'm kind of new to this so hopefully I can learn how to keep my new growth moisturized so that I can stretch my relaxer.

OK, this is freaking me out!
I've just got a bottle of Biotin to take with MSM and a Hair, Skin and Nails Supplement. I haven't started it yet, but I think I've gotta think about this.
I don't do water (I know, thats bad), and the last thing I want is another episode of acne... a revival of the teen years :nono:. My skin is the clearest its ever been now.

OK, this is freaking me out!
I've just got a bottle of Biotin to take with MSM and a Hair, Skin and Nails Supplement. I haven't started it yet, but I think I've gotta think about this.
I don't do water (I know, thats bad), and the last thing I want is another episode of acne... a revival of the teen years :nono:. My skin is the clearest its ever been now.
Yes, you have to do water. I used to go without drinking water for at least a week. I heard about people breaking out from biotin unless you drink plenty water. So, I want my hair back so bad that I drink at least 60 oz a day. No problems for me.

I used to take biotin. I had no problems with it but I stopped. I eat a lot of almonds everyday which contains natural amounts of biotin. While I already have a lot of eye lashes, I can say that I have seen a growth spurt of even more eye lashes since I have been snacking on almonds. So I can only imagine what eating almonds is doing for my hair.

Best,
Almond (no pun) Eyes

Yes. Pics in fotki. For those that had horrible breakouts, did you cut the dosage in half? I only took 1000 mcgs a day but when I tried to up the dosage, I got the zits like crazy. Vitamin C is the vitamin you should take to avoid the zits with Biotin. Some can take a B complex vitamin and that works as well.

Biotin does wonders for the hair and nails. My nails grow naturally long anyway, so that part was annoying to me. NG is NEVER annoying! LOL

Success with making my face look a hot pimply mess? Yes.:yep:

I didn't stick with it long enough to see hair results.

I would also like to add that for some of you that are getting the breakouts, what dosages are you using? If you are still breaking out, you should consider cutting it in half. I see some of you are taking like 5mg. 5mg=5000 mcg (I broke out at 4000 mcg)
I'm currently taking 1000-2000mcg and no breakouts.

Biotin did wonders for me.

I most certainly did. 5000 mcg's of Biotin was one of the best things to EVER happen to my hair. No side effects to speak of.

I have been using it Biotin for a year and the jury is still out. Maybe I need to bump up the mcg's...I am only at 1800 right now...my highest has been in the 2000's.

I go 2 a science school in Philly and the few black girls that go :lachen: swear by it. I'm not sure how many mgs or the brand but I will ask them. They thoroughly researched it and like looked at every single ingredient so I'm atleast hoping that made a difference or u should beware of these future Physician assistants:lachen:

I will say that the brand does matter. Biotin isnt just biotin. Like other medications its as much about the active ingredients as it is about the inactive ingredients. So one brand may work for someone or like *in the case of Oasis* cause a pimply mess *btw Oasis im sorry that, that happened 2 u*

I remember I was on a medication from Walmart and it was fine and when I changed to CVS b/c I went back 2 college I had horrible side effects even though it was the same rx. The problem was *what I found out after talking to the pharmacist* was that the manufacturers for Walmart and CVS were different so I had a bad reaction to one of the fillers that they added. So they literally had to specially order the Walmart version for me. This could possibly be one of the issues that people are having.

Another issue may be that you are having an adverse reaction with that and any other medication you are on. I had to stop taking my multivitamin for that very reason. It wouldnt hurt to talk with a doctor about which brand may help (or evn see a dermatologist.....they would prob. kno better). It could be that maybe the brand you used is reacting badly with lets say the One-A-Day Women's multivitamin you take every morning.

BTW I'm no expert in any way:lachen: I'm just a science/health nerd/geek

Last edited:
It works for me (5mg). But it works even better in conjunction with my multivite from vitamin world...

ive been taking 5000mg to 10000mg for the past three months--- thickness in my natural hair is is crazyyyyy ridiculous. did cause breakouts

I had to stop taking this high potency biotin (5 mg) that I bought from Walgreens. The positive side to taking it was that it made my hair thicker and my eyelashes longer, but it also made my hair shed a lot more than usual and also gave me acne which is not something I'm used to. Unfortunately, the negative side effects outweighed the positive side effects for me. I thought about taking a lower dosage, but with the bad acne flare up that I got I am kind of scared to even mess with biotin again. I have been off of biotin for a week now and my skin is already starting to clear up and return to its normal state.

i have amazing results with biotin. i've been taking it regularly for quite some time, and i've noticed that my eyelashes, which were always short and super curly, have elongated, & aren't so sparse. i started out at 1,000 MG per day, and have since bumped up to 5,000.

i had breakouts the first week, but then my body adjusted, and since then, my skin has never looked better. the only facial disruption i get now is that 1 random bump i get due to that time of the month.

you've got to remain consistent with taking it, so your body can get used to the amount. breakouts are a sign that your body is adjusting to the changes in biotin levels and once everything evens out, your breakouts will stop.

Back