Did u just quiz me at Super Beauty @ Greenbriar?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I go to take my dad home and decide not to rush back bcuz of tornado warnings. My hair is still in old random Celie braids and uncovered but, I decide to go in anyway. I'm in line when a sistah quietly comes up and asks if I'm going natural. I say I'm transitioning. No need to mention texlxing when I don't know if she speaks the lingo.

She asks if I "big chopped". I flash my relaxed ends and say "no". She asks why not. Now I'm gonna see if she knows hairspeak. I say, my head is too round for a "teeny weeny afro. You know, a twa". I pause for reaction. She asks, "what do you do to it".

Me: leave it alone
Her: *blank stare*
Me: I cowash mostly (pause) and wash maybe once a month (pause)
Her: *blank stare*
Me: and then it's usually a sulfate-free poo
Her: *nods*
Me: realizing she probably is on a hair board but maybe a newbie, I smile and tell her I'll probably 'big chop" at the end of the year. *leaves grinning

Fess up. Was that you? Probably apl? That was fun. :yep:

LMAO!!! Hilarious. I would've said are you nikos cuzin?? I saw a member one day and asked her she looked confused then turned and said YES I AM. LOL I was a lurker then and she made a thread about me calling me out to membership. Why did I have henna in my hair at the time scarf and hat? I was sitting in my car & sent my friend to get my DS out of school. I saw her passing by and couldn't help but ask. :-)

NJoy.....LOL @ Greenbriar...now you know...nobody in that part of the A knows much about anything hair but black gel and hair glued purple quick weaves...lol

You were nice....cause you and I know you can get shanked over there....lol...I love my people, I cant wait for people to be curious about my hair....

You ladies are missing out. Before using natural products I would travel from the Cobb. Co to that BSS in the greenbriar plaza. It was a circuit city so it is huge. I still get my wigs there.

wait, so you are transitioning??
or that's just what you told homegirl to avoid explaining about texlaxing?? lol.
ise confused....

You ladies are missing out. Before using natural products I would travel from the Cobb. Co to that BSS in the greenbriar plaza. It was a circuit city so it is huge. I still get my wigs there.

Yep. This is the one I'm talking about. The former Circuit City. They have hair galore!!! :grin: And I live in Cobb too. :yep:

wait, so you are transitioning??
or that's just what you told homegirl to avoid explaining about texlaxing?? lol.
ise confused....

I didn't think she was ready for me to mention texlaxing. It was too early in the convo and I didn't want to chance having to break it down only to get ":perplexed".

Now y'all stop it. She may be lurking and too hesitant to come up in here and fess up.

I was excited that someone wanted to talk hair. But also embarrassed that I took myself in public looking like Celie (not just wearing Celie braids :grin:).

NJoy...I'll confess :look: :look:

Nah, JUST KIDDING!! I haven't been off 166 in a minute!!! Now, you know if I had seen you...I would have acted like a straight stalker!!! :yep: :yep:

Yep, I used to travel from Cobb to Greenbriar too back in the day. Not to that place though. Wow... just wondering if the area is still the same. It's been so long since I've even traveled 166 too.

By the way NJoy, that story is hilarious! A lot of our women really need to be educated.

Also, if I see you I'm gonna tug your hair and ask are you Niko's cousin?:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

By the way NJoy, that story is hilarious! A lot of our women really need to be educated.

Also, if I see you I'm gonna tug your hair and ask are you Niko's cousin?:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Yeah, I wouldn't advise that tugging, Shawty.:brucelee:

Greenbriar -
Home of the first mall Chick-Fil-A...
Cascade & Campbellton Rds...
A lifetime ago.
Ahhh, the memories of SWAT.

Would love to see this BSS!
The shopping that could be done - WHEW!!

hmm.... I haven't been to Greenbriar since about 2009 but I need a new wig so I think I might swing that way to scope their selection. I've exhausted all the BSS in Cobb... and there are none where I live in the city.

I'll be wearing a plastic shower cap- holla if you see me :lachen:

Another chick living in Atlanta over here! Never been to the BSS you speck of but seems like I need to make a trip over there. Need to add some new wigs to my collection.

This thread seems like the making of an Atlanta area meet up.
We should have one. I would love to meet all you lovely ladies.

Back