DH/SO's BABY MAMA

How do you deal with the mother of your DH/SO's child(ren)?

Do you have an understanding?
Is he fair and respects your feelings before her's?
Does she understand boundaries and that he does not want her anymore?

Just curious.
TIA

This was about 4 years ago...

How do you deal with the mother of your DH/SO's child(ren)? I didnt deal with her and I dont think she knew I existed. They where very cordial and nice and he never spoke ill about her, so I never had a reason to feel any certain way against her.

Do you have an understanding? Yep I wasnt allowed to be around his child nor did I ever meet his child. I was okay with that. Im not a "kids" person and we werent anywhere near serious anyway. I was relieved actually.

Is he fair and respects your feelings before her's? He was easy to get along with. And again since their relationship was cordial their wasnt any drama to begin with. I was aware that his son was before me however, and had no qualms about it.

Does she understand boundaries and that he does not want her anymore? they didnt want eachother :look: which is why they got along so well.

The relationshop that I described above is extremely rare among really young people who have children together. It never worked out though. He had joint custody and I wasnt okay with seeing him 3x a week, and some of our dates had to be broken because his ex had to study for a major exam or something so he took the baby.

Just curious.
TIA

First I have to say what a beautiful sig pic....makes you just wanna smile

I have only been in one serious relationship where the man had a child, we lived together for a lil while and the mother knew we were living together,

We were cool and him and her had a very friendly relationship...no courts or legal system involved....she was engaged to be married so she was with somebody and she had no problem with the baby coming to stay the weekends with us....I loved that lil girl to death too

they both respected each other relationships with other people she had no problem with me, he had no problem with her man so there were never n e misunderstandings, he or me would pick her up and drop her off and thats about as much physical contact as he and her would have

Of course if the situation were different...she still wanted him, she used his baby against him, or was just intentionally messy and trying to cause drama, things along those lines, then us even moving to the point we were would have probably never have happened

We were cordial to each other.

Yes, he was the father and if anything came up he was the one to speak with, I didn't make any decisions regarding their child.

Yes, never a problem, she had her own life and a man to respect her feelings. Plus he wasn't a disrepectful type person.

Yup, she didn't want him either.

Back