DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Weekly Check-In

Tuesday-Deep Conditioned with AO GPB for 30 minutes w/heat and rinsed with cool lemon water
Thursday-Deep conditioned with AO HSR for 30 minutes w/ heat annd rinsed with cool lemon water.

I was enjoying my hair this week, so I did not want to wet it.
I am so proud of myself because I did a different style on every single day this week:grin:

The weekend is here so it is time to DC. I will go to my closet and see what I want to use for today.
Wow, I posted in a new DCing thread and did not even realise it..... when I went to my subscribed threads I saw the closed sign and I was like WHAT...I just posted in that thread:grin:
Talk about confused:nono::nono::nono:

I need to pay more attention.:ohwell:

Whew...what a relief...The challenge LIVES!:grin:

ok...

the partial verdict on ao white camellia on dry hair is in...

my hair felt phenomenal when i rinsed.
moist, smooth, soft

i definitely think for me, using this on dry hair is best.

HOPEFULLY my results will stand as my hair dries.

of course, i'll be back. :p

ok...

moist, smooth, soft

Thanks for this review runrunrunner. I think I will be doing this too.

Add me to the list please.

I am still continuing to do this since last year when i joined your challenge. this things is the truth! i have seen a HUGE difference.

I use:
Keracare humecto in the tub
ORS Replenishing conditioner

either overnight or with plastic under the dryer.

in addition to using a reconstructer/mild aphogee. i have soft strong hair that is growing and i am retaining my length.

i wear a 1/2 wig everyday and moisture every night.

I will come back and post a pic and check in more often.

Thanks..

Add me to the list please.

I am still continuing to do this since last year when i joined your challenge. this things is the truth! i have seen a HUGE difference.

I use:
Keracare humecto in the tub
ORS Replenishing conditioner

either overnight or with plastic under the dryer.

in addition to using a reconstructer/mild aphogee. i have soft strong hair that is growing and i am retaining my length.

i wear a 1/2 wig everyday and moisture every night.

I will come back and post a pic and check in more often.

Thanks..

You have been added Sweetg and welcome to the challenge.

I will be dcing overnight with Sitrinillah. I have some new protein condishes on the way: Methi Sativa Recovery System (Hairveda), Fortifying Mask (Shescentit-sample) and Alter Ego Garlic Tx. Can't wait to try them out!

DCing on dry hair with GVP COnditioning Balm+Aussie Moist+Suave Coconut+Hempseed Butter+Castor Oil+Camellia Seed Oil+Honey for 2-3 hours
Then washing with GVP Extra-Gentle
Quickie condition with VO5 Free me freesia conditioner.

Prepoo'ed with coconut oil - rinsed shampooed with Kenra MS - rinsed used Emergencee' rinsed followed up with Nexxus Humectress -will leave on overnight...

Prepoo'ed with coconut oil - rinsed shampooed with Kenra MS - rinsed used Emergencee' rinsed followed up with Nexxus Humectress -will leave on overnight...

I decided to DC overnight too with some AO White Camellia mixed with AO HSR and CON Ultra Nourish Conditioner on dry hair tonight. This feels really good while its on and can't wait to see how moisturized it will feel in the morning:yep:. My hair is just loving all these deep conditionings right now, protein and moisturizing ones:lick:.

I decided to DC overnight too with some AO White Camellia mixed with AO HSR and CON Ultra Nourish Conditioner on dry hair tonight. This feels really good while its on and can't wait to see how moisturized it will feel in the morning:yep:. My hair is just loving all these deep conditionings right now, protein and moisturizing ones:lick:.

I know right, girl I would be at work contemplating what I am going to do with my hair when I get home - but conditioning overnight allows me to have a fresh hairstyle in the morning..some nights I leave my plastic cap on or I let the conditioner dry into my hair (namely the AO HSR) - rinse in the morning

How do you like the AO WC???

ok...

moist, smooth, soft

Thanks for this Runner, will try it too... unless you have a different story to tell after it dries :grin:

I don't know what I did to my hair on friday but when I woke up on Saturday it was a hot mess. :ohwell: On Friday I DC'ed with a mix of ORS replenishing pak and Jason's biotin conditioner because I had some breakage. I then greased my scalp with megatek, put it in a bun and went to bed. That must have been way too much protein because my hair was so hard and brittle the next morning. So, on Saturday morning I DC'ed with matrix conditioning balm and olive oil and all is well now :yep:. I think I'm going to give the megatek a break for a couple of days. I hope that was my first and last encounter with protein overload! But on the plus side, the breakage is gone!

Last edited:
Thanks. I will def look into Duo Tex. For moisturizing conditioners I have keracare Humecto, GVP Balm, and Aussie Moist. Would you recommend any one in particular to use aft using moderate to hard proteins. Even though it is only one day later I must say that when I come there are still broken hairs but it is much less. I def think that I will continue using Protein until it gets better...followed up with a good moist DC

You are the Bomb! I really cant believe how attentive you are to this post. I really appreciate your response. I love your hair it has great shine and thickness. You def know what you are doing.

I know right, girl I would be at work contemplating what I am going to do with my hair when I get home - but conditioning overnight allows me to have a fresh hairstyle in the morning..some nights I leave my plastic cap on or I let the conditioner dry into my hair (namely the AO HSR) - rinse in the morning

How do you like the AO WC???

Lets just say I'm in love with it. It is the after-henna conditioner because I don't see any protiens in it:lick:. I did an ayurveda co-wash yesterday and added 1.5 Tbs of henna to it and relaized that henna works at strengthening the hair even as a co-wash, lol. I couldn't believe how strong my hair felt afterwards, I mean, almost as if I did an all out henna treatment:spinning:. Anyway, the AO WC has my hair all nice and soft all over again, thank God. DCing overnight sure does help to save a lot of valuable time I could be doing other things with:yep:.

I don't know what I did to my hair on friday but when I woke up on Saturday it was a hot mess. :ohwell: On Friday I DC'ed with a mix of ORS replenishing pak and Jason's biotin conditioner because I had some breakage. I then greased my scalp with megatek, put it in a bun and went to bed. That must have been way too much protein because my hair was so hard and brittle the next morning. So, on Saturday morning I DC'ed with matrix conditioning balm and olive oil and all is well now :yep:. I think I'm going to give the megatek a break for a couple of days. I hope that was my first and last encounter with protein overload! But on the plus side, the breakage is gone!

Yes future, that was a lot of protien in one sitting. That Biolage conditioning balm really works at softening the hair. It hasn't failed me yet.

Thanks. I will def look into Duo Tex. For moisturizing conditioners I have keracare Humecto, GVP Balm, and Aussie Moist. Would you recommend any one in particular to use aft using moderate to hard proteins. Even though it is only one day later I must say that when I come there are still broken hairs but it is much less. I def think that I will continue using Protein until it gets better...followed up with a good moist DC

You are the Bomb! I really cant believe how attentive you are to this post. I really appreciate your response. I love your hair it has great shine and thickness. You def know what you are doing.

Thank you Chocsmile. In answer to your question above, the GVP Conditioning Balm is the bomb. I use the original Biolage Conditioning Blam and many ladies say the GVP Balm works the same. I love that conditioner because it has ceramides in it that not only strengthen but add lots of elasticity to hair:yep:.

Hi Aggie im in.... Deep conditioned with Matrix Biolage Ultra hydrating Masque under my O3 Steamer for 30mins today...im still using my MT by the way and castor oil...

Hi Aggie im in.... Deep conditioned with Matrix Biolage Ultra hydrating Masque under my O3 Steamer for 30mins today...im still using my MT by the way and castor oil...

Welcome normagee, I'll add you in now and happy hair growing.

i deep conditioned overnight with carols daughter black vanilla smoothie. woke up today and shampood with dr brooners castile peppermint soap mixed with avosoya oil and water. then i did a treatment of joico deep penertraiting reconstructor and now im sitting with my keracare humecto and a heating cap. i will take this off at 5:30 or 45.

Completed 18 hrs with Joico MR/Joico Body Luxe/Lustrasilk Shea Mango Cholesterol/JBCO mix...

rinsed, shampooed with SheScentIt Jojoba Hemp poo

now have Yes to Carrots Moisturizing Mud Mask on..
most likely will wind up having on for an hour or so..

will air dry with green tea butter/cocosta oil

Back