Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

was under the dryer with the Lustrasilk but it started dripping down my neck. ew. will sit here for another 15 minutes without heat, and then i'll rinse. i don't like it.

eta: i'll use it again next week because i'm leaving for an 8 week internship and don't want to buy new products that i'll just have to leave here. i'll be going back to the shea moisture dc when i arrive at my new location.

yeah. that lustrasilk is now in the trash. i had a little bit of shea moisture dc left, so i applied it to my hair and bunned. tonight i'll put my hair in my nightly twists, spritz them with water to reactivate the product, baggy, and rinse in the morning. if my hair feels soft, moist, and conditioned, this will become my new way to dc. that way the shea moisture product will last at least 6 weeks because i used so little, and my "hair day" routine will take much less time.

i'll update tomorrow.

Finger detangle and apply AO blue algae hair mask to dry hair use microwave cap for 1hr.

Detangle in shower with YTCucumbers and use brown sugar to scrub scalp

Use conditioner mix(3oz ColorShowers clear and 4.8oz AOHSR) and sit under dryer for 40min at 50

My deep conditioning method worked wonderfully!!! Now I can save time, money, and product, but not compromise the health of my hair!!

yeah. that lustrasilk is now in the trash. i had a little bit of shea moisture dc left, so i applied it to my hair and bunned. tonight i'll put my hair in my nightly twists, spritz them with water to reactivate the product, baggy, and rinse in the morning. if my hair feels soft, moist, and conditioned, this will become my new way to dc. that way the shea moisture product will last at least 6 weeks because i used so little, and my "hair day" routine will take much less time.

i'll update tomorrow.

ITA: It does give a Waxy Feel.:nono: I tried the Shea Butter & Mango and then like a Dummy turned around and bought the one "supposedly" with Argan.:rolleyes:

I ended up pitching the Shea & Mango and I gave the Argan away (unused).:lachen:

I did a prepoo with Olive Oil for four hours yesterday on dry hair. I used a plastic cap. No heat, just walked around the house and tended to my business.

Then I washed my hair and detangled with Suave Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner (no invigoration whatsoever, but my hair is super soft).

My hair is still soft right now.

I am claiming Olive Oil as a staple right now. As for the Suave, I am claiming the Humectant line as staples, only because the Rosemary Mint doesn't invigorate my scalp, and my eyes were a teeny bit irritated.

i've been mixing conditioners for a while now....(guess i'm a chemist in all walks of life:nono::nono::nono:) but i've recently learned, my products work better ALONE!!!! <-- w/ possibly some oils getting better results USING THEM AS THEY WERE PURCHASED:lachen:

case & point: I USE LESS DEODORANT...MORE NATURAL PRODUCTS--- UNTIL I FIND MY STAPLE NATURAL DEODORANT (commercial)

so i used baking soda.... then added a little baby powder just b/c it was on the dresser #EPICFAIL<---- CHEMICAL REACTION ENSUED!!!!!:nono::nono::nono: MY UNDERARMS HAVE BEEN BURNING LIKE HELL
NEXT DAY FEELS AS THOUGH IT HAS EATEN SOME OF THE SKIN OFF!

I OF ALL PEOPLE KNOW HOW EASILY CHEMICAL REACTIONS OCCUR WHEN MIXING HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS:nono::nono::nono::nono:

I just finished dc'ing with AO GPB Conditioner and now I have AOHSR on for moisture although after washing out the GPB, it didn't feel like my hair needed the extra moisture. That stuff is GREAT! I will be re-purchasing it for sure. The AOHSR is now just okay - the GPB felt a little better on my hair:ohwell:.

Yesterday, I did my ususal pre-poo, with rice bran oil (new fav) followed by a DC with L'Oreal Nature's Threapy Mega Moisture, 45 min with heat. Hit!

Friday I DC'd with GBP, a little HSR and a splash of Kinky Curly Knot Today - not so sure they agreed with each other...

ITA: It does give a Waxy Feel.:nono: I tried the Shea Butter & Mango and then like a Dummy turned around and bought the one "supposedly" with Argan.:rolleyes:

I ended up pitching the Shea & Mango and I gave the Argan away (unused).:lachen:

I just pitch mine too, it was watery. I was shock because I was going to have dd use it, glad it only cost$3.

Whew, it's been a minute for me. I'm back on it though. I DCed overnight Sunday with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. My hair was sooo soft the next morning when I washed it out. :yep:

Will be dcing with steam on dry hair with Komaza's Intense Moisture Treatment...Therapy whatev. Will leave in overnight.

Oops, forgot to post this weekend's update. With graduation festivities aplenty, I DC'd with my honey/olive oil/castor oil mix on try, twisted hair, covered with a cap and wrapped it up for the whole day Sunday. I finally had time to rinse it Monday afternoon and despite tons of shed hair (:sad:) my hair felt soft and happy. I'm reeeeealy hoping my growth is outpacing my shedding, because it seems like my hair isn't growing, although I know it's healthy.

I am happy to say that I've noticed a marked difference in my hair since i've been DCing weekly. I've even gotten bold and started making DC cocktails. Yayyy.

My newgrowth in between relaxers is much prettier too. I don't even try to flat iron down to the roots on flat iron days. I like the extra umph that my newgrowth has.

Back