Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

DCing tonight. Aphogee 2 minute mixed with EVOO, EVCO, JBCO and peppermint oil. Following up with HV Sitrinillah. First time I added JBCO to the mix but I didn't feel any difference when I rinsed out the conditioner.

DC'd on Tuesday using ORS Replenishing Pak, Mizani Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner, Mizani Perphecting Cream, Honey, and EVOO covered with two plastic caps and wrapped with a towel for about an hour. I'll be bonelaxing tonight so I'll hold off on DCing for about a week if I can, I'm a bit addicted so we'll see how it goes. I plan on doing a good protein treatment on Saturday or Sunday as a little protection for the relaxer.

Just checking in. I steamed saturday with Anita Gant Babassu conditioner, use Darcy's botanicals peach leave in and sealed with JBCO.

I'm slipping on my DC game this week since I have been super busy. I will try my best to DC with steam tonight and I will def be DC on Sunday

I DC'd today with ORS Replenishing for an hour and then Pantene Intensive Restoration for 15 minutes. I finally used up the Pantene so I can move on to another DC...maybe Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask. I have several deep conditioners in my PJ stash. Can't wait!

DC'd yesterday with BFH Mango Macadamia. I really like this conditioner. It's 8oz but I'm able to get 3 uses out of a bottle. I use heat with this and it just melts into my hair. I just have to make sure I rinse with warm water really well. The first time I used it I got fooled since it absorbed so well that I didn't get all the conditioner out.

Will use this gain next week and use it up. Definitely a repurchase (in the future).

DC'd with no heat for an hour with Elasta QP (still waiting on my AO HSR to get here).
I also used my Aphogee 2min for about 5 min under shower cap.

Making amla paste with hibiscus fenugreek tea, vatika oil and honey to dc overnight. My hair was pre-oiled with cocoa and shea butters mixed with red palm, hemp seed and sesame oils.

I'm going to wash with elasta qp cowash with hhhe. Then I'm gin to use my 2 min keratin. Finally I'm going to dc with silk elements.

Wednesday I deep conditioned with BFH Banana Avocado. Saturday night I'll use either Claudie's Fortifying conditioner or another BFH.

ETA: Umm, could you add me to the challenge? :look: I thought I had joined but I guess not. :spinning:

Once I rinse out my prepoo today, I will use my Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor. (I've had my hair straighten for a week and a half now.) I will follow up with NTM (Mask) and mix JBCO, Olive Oil, and peppermint oil to it. I'll let you know how it made my hair feel after.......
My hair felt soft and was shiny!! That peppermint oil really stimulates the scalp. I will be using that more in my DC's:grin:.

Last edited:
On Wednesday I deep conditioned with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab with my heat cap. I liked the results of it but the verdict is out until I use it one more time. I'm not a fan of the smell too much though.

Last night/ over night I pre poo'd with Aubrey Organics HSR and EV coconut oil. Today I'm doing an Ayurvedic scalp treatment and I'm gonna deep condition with the Curl Rehab.

Checking in and past due!

Last week - DC'd, hooded dryer with KeraCare Humecto (tub)
Yesterday - used Suave Almond and Shea Butter powered by the heat of a good workout. Need a few more go arounds before I comment!

- Sitting under my steamer; yipee! My first true steamer experience is well under way.
- I was planning to steam with Silk Elements Megasilk but had a change of heart at the last minute and I'm using Aubrey Organics White Camellia.
- My last TU didn't take as well as I had hoped and I am really considering a corrective. Before I make any impulse decisions, I will up my DC to 2x weekly with steam to see if that help me make it to at least 8-9 weeks and then go for my TU....correctives scare me.

Hope this works out!

Will be applying my garlic treatment to my scalp in a few and let that sit for a min, wash out and apply my DC which is Giovanni SAS, honey, and some oil I cant remember (when I find my log I will update)

Imma be MIA for a while ladies suppose to be getting my hair cornrow so that I can wear my wig for like 3-4 weeks, by that time I will be 12 wks post and ready to relax. I will come back and do a good DC before the relaxer.

Re: Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

I'm currently deep conditioning in my microbraids and I'm using One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner. I've learned from trial and error that I only can deep condition on wash days.

Back