Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Last edited:
DC'ed with Joico K-Pak Reconstructor Conditioner, followed with some Silicon Mix Conditioner.

Finally doing the DC that I was supposeto do earlier this week....
Giovanni SAS, honey, and vatika coconut oil.

Steamed for 1hr (2X30min) last Sat with Tucuma Moisturizing Conditioner, Roux Poriosity Control and Honey

I will be dcing this weekend:)

Oiled hair with warm oil last night and applied henna paste. Rinsed and co-washed the paste out. Final rinse with acv diluted in herbal tea. Oiled scalp and sealed ends of braids for braidout today.

Will oil rinse tonight, acv herbal leave-in, seal with hemp seed/ayurvedic oil blend.

I've been DCing for about two hours plus with a mixture of ORS Replenishing Pak, Mizani Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner, Mizani Perphecting Cream, Honey, and EVOO covered with two plastic caps and wrapped with a towel. I normally apply each thing on individually whenever I mix stuff, but today I put everything in a bowl and whipped it all up until it looked like banana pudding :lick: so we'll see how my hair likes this method.

I DC'd yesterday using this same mix for about an hour and my hair absolutely loved it :yep:. My hair is so silky straight and soft including my new gro (I'm about 9 weeks post with some serious new gro). I let my hair air dry and then did a light flat iron all over. All my co-workers thought I had just gotten a perm with all the sheen and "swang" it has. Def. loved this combination and can't wait for my next DC.

Good news -- I purchased a hair steamer. FINALLY. I got the pro-1037A from - LCL Beauty. Now it's time to kick the DC up a notch!!!..can't wait until FedEx arrives at my door.

Poo'ed with my fav Shikakai poo bar. Then Dc'ed with My Honey Child Honey hair Mask (steamed for 20 minutes). Let me hair cool then applied ceramide oil mix...Rinsed, applied AO Island Naturals, and did a final cool rinse. Hair is feeling sooo nice and moist! I might add a little KBB Sweet Ambrosia and do a braid out.

I deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics HSR yesterday. Then I flat twisted the front of my head and did individual twists in the back.

Hi All!!!
I'm in! I DC with a mix of Garnier Frutics Creme Moisturizing Conditioner, EVOO, Peppermint Oil, Honey, Mayo and Noni Juice. So far so good.

picture.php

Last edited:
I was bored and a little excited about the henna I bought so... I henna'ed my hair :look: Then DC'ed with ORS replenishing for ~3hrs no heat. My hair feels :lick:

I DC'd today with ORS Mayo for a couple of hours, cowashed, then did a moisture DC with a mix of Elasta QP DPR 11, Aussie Deeep, Aloe Vera Juice, honey, and oils.

Good news -- I purchased a hair steamer. FINALLY. I got the pro-1037A from - LCL Beauty. Now it's time to kick the DC up a notch!!!..can't wait until FedEx arrives at my door.

Screw that stream where that new hair candy? Cant wait to see that beautiful stuff.....:lachen:

I will definitely be getting serious with deep conditioning now. I went in for a trim and flat iron and got a mini cut. Ordinarily I'd be upset at how much was taken off but I strongly felt in the back of my mind that those ends did need to go but just wouldnt do it. My hair is much more flowy now and looks thicker. However MBL is out the window; since it is January I still have lots of time. I aim to get to full BSL by December. It is very possible I think.

Prepoo with steam: Amla, tea rinse, Ilippe Strengthening Conditioner, water, maka,
and fenugreek

Washed hair and air dried hair before applying conditioner

Conditioner mix:Growth oil, PC, AOHSR, AORM, honey

I pre-poo'd today with PhytoSpecific Revitalizing Oil Treatment and washed with Davine's NouNou. Conditioned with a mix of NouNou and Alter Ego Garlic for 40 min under the dryer with steam.

Moisture pre-poo with aloe vera juice, hemp seed oil and coconut oil. Light protein condition with ORS replenishing pack. Moisturizing conditioner blend of skala dc used to detangle with shower comb, denman. Final acv rinse. Moisturize and seal bantu knots with eco custard.

I just got done DCing with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment and loved it!

Also -- need to present a question to you all....
Okay so I always have issues when shampooing -- it seems that I'm always left with a little residue on my scalp no matter how much I poo or scrub with the balls of my fingers. Not sure why reside is left behind other than my technique not being up to par. I'm looking for ways to rid my hair of all residue so that I can feel like I've gotten a good quality wash. Has anyone tried something like this:
nN8D_vh5uXSBClJjwRUhZUVw5tXmxGR2C6JVOZXXlp5vtlrQxVDNk7flDslSNXBP1tljmskWkYprDwboNcK6rvzws9eZLHuRxjmvTpxwNxwcaUfyxp-4zvnQStYsit2ofTthL8XexSusMOc5znr6iB9TdbmKS64Ii6zJ

Diane Shampoo Scalp Massage Brush

And does this work for dry scalp massaging?
SBS-345898

Conair Professional - Babyliss Scalp Massage Brush

Normally Mondays are my hair days, but I was so anxious to cut, that I did it last night (Sunday). I DC w/steam a mixture of Sebastains 2+1 and Aphogee 2 Minute for about 15 minutes.

Prepoo with steam: Amla, tea rinse, Ilippe Strengthening Conditioner, water, maka,
and fenugreek

Washed hair and air dried hair before applying conditioner

Conditioner mix:Growth oil, PC, AOHSR, AORM, honey

Last night I didnt feel like doing anything else to my hair so I slept with the DC on.

This morning I am steaming for 30mins before I rinse and style:grin:

I just got done DCing with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment and loved it!

Okay so I always have issues when shampooing -- it seems that I'm always left with a little residue on my scalp no matter how much I poo or scrub with the balls of my fingers. Not sure why reside is left behind other than my technique not being up to par. I'm looking for ways to rid my hair of all residue so that I can feel like I've gotten a good quality wash. Has anyone tried something like this:

Hey D :) I'm glad the SE worked well for you :yep: My scalp can get really gunky sometimes here's what I do:

First, I'd try let the shampoo sit for a while on my head like 5 min (concentrating the shampoo on my scalp), I lather up and rinse with water a little warmer than usual, to help the gunk along. While the shampoo is sitting on my head, I use my nails to scrub my scalp. In a gentle, but deliberate manner. I know the nails are like LHCF taboo; but sometimes that's the only thing that gets the gunk off. I've never tried a shampoo brush.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...ult&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAA#

I've also made a mix of shampoo, water, baking soda in an applicator bottle. I apply straight to the scalp and scrub using the pads of my fingers. I will let it sit for a few minutes too and that has also helped get build up off my scalp.

It is stripping so make sure you cowash/DC after to help combat the dryness. When my scalp gets itchie this really helps to get it right.

I DC'd last week with BFH Mango Macadamia Mask. I left this on for 3hrs with heat. I used it after a cassia treatment and it did well to moisturize my hair. I just didn't rinse it well enough and could feel slight build up. I'm going to use it again on Wednesday or Thursday and see how it does.

I DC'd last night with the last of my MHC Molasses. I had to add a lil WDT to stretch it plus some PC and a splash of oil. I only could leave it on for 20minutes with heat. Still did just what I wanted it to do. Hair was nice and soft.

The use of ceramides in my HOTs has really made a difference in my hair and the weekly DCs just make my hair feel great. Going to continue this regi for the fall.

Back