Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

I want in! I have been DCing since this site convinced me to invest in a Pibbs!

I pre-poo'd (1st time) with EVOO & Honey, 20 minutes under hooded dryer
Now I am DCing with KeraCare Humecto (in the tub), 30 minutes under hooded dryer

The pre-poo is the best! My NG loved it!!

I did the Nioxin Scapl Renew treatment followed by a quick Aquage Strengthening Condition and 40 min under the dryer with Alterna Caviar for mositure.

I use Adore in Crystal Clear:

Rinses seal the cuticle by filling in the "gaps" on the surface. they last about 6-8 washes. My hair is coarse and porous, I use it to help keep my porosity low and feel smoother. My hair retains moisture better gives nice shine too.

Yesterday I steamed with ORS Hair Mayonaise, then DC with my own mix (Aloe Gel, Coconut oil, Avocado Oil, Macademia oil, Almond oil, Biotin Conditioner and Amla Oil). Detangling was a breeze.

OK yall it was my week to clarify so I used kenra then applied Mane N' Tail conditioner with wheat germ oil added to it and rinse out after about 5 minutes. Now I'm sitting here with a mixture of Aussie moist and Aussie deeeep 3 min miracle. I'm gonna put on a plastic cap and let it sit until around 8 tonight.

I'm starting to really notice a difference in the look and feel of my hair. My hair loves the combination of the light over night dcs; the intense pre-poo and the wash day steam & dc treatments.

So I DC under the a HOT dryer for 15 minutes with my Sebastian 2+1. Now I am going to overnight it with GVP Conditioning Balm and AOHSR mixed with grapeseed oil and the last of the IC Fanstasia Aloe Vera. I just dumped the oil and aloe in the AO. I may sit under the steamer in the morning. But I don't feel like it tonight. :sleep:

ETA: I steamed for 15 minutes to finish up my DC for the week :yep:

Last edited:
Don't kick me out the challenge :wacky: as I didn't DC on Sunday as planned. Since I miss my normal wash day, I will likely not get around to doing my hair until the upcoming Sat/Sun. 2011 I'm moving toward a more relaxed approach. I will wash weekly but if something comes up, I will just delay it until I have the quality time to work with my hair rather than rushing through it and hating the results thereafter.

I use Adore in Crystal Clear:

Rinses seal the cuticle by filling in the "gaps" on the surface. they last about 6-8 washes. My hair is coarse and porous, I use it to help keep my porosity low and feel smoother. My hair retains moisture better gives nice shine too.
I really need to read up on this.

Last edited:
I will be cowashing tonight using Salon Care Honey & Almond Conditioner from Sally's, while trying to wash out my henna. Tomorrow I will DC....

Halee J, I need to see how you do that style in your avi. Its cute and I already have the zings here at home.

I haven't done a clarify in a really long time. I'm gonna get some bentonite clay and deep condition after I do that treatment.

Saturday I poo'ed twicw with a shikakai poo bar and followed with a monthly hard core protein treatment (by adding keratin & silk protein to some oils) and sat under the dryer for 30 min. Then rinsed my hair and DCed with My Honey Child Coconut Papaya deep condish using steam. My hair came out very moist, lush, and healthy!!!! :grin:

I have tried 4 of the My Honey Child's Deep condishes and I think I like the Honey Hair Mask the best so I'll still to that one!

I will be cowashing tonight using Salon Care Honey & Almond Conditioner from Sally's, while trying to wash out my henna. Tomorrow I will DC....

Halee J, I need to see how you do that style in your avi. Its cute and I already have the zings here at home.

Thanks ms b! :) Its very simlar to this style except that I don't use pins I just secure with the hairzing:

1. loosely divide the hair in half: Down the centre, about 2/3 way
2. I tuck one side, hold it down with my hand.
3. Tuck the other side, then the bottom.
4. Hold all the rolls in place with one hand.
5. With the other hand, insert the hairzing combs on either side.

Lemme know if you try it. I should really make a vid tutorial, so you can "see" what I'm saying. I'm so tech impaired though, and camera shy :rolleyes: I'll work on it.

Thanks ms b! :) Its very simlar to this style except that I don't use pins I just secure with the hairzing:

Lemme know if you try it. I should really make a vid tutorial, so you can "see" what I'm saying. I'm so tech impaired though, and camera shy :rolleyes: I'll work on it.
I know several have interest in my bun and I wouldn't mind making a vid but since I teach on the collegiate level (as you know), I don't want any vids of me floating around. *shrug*

DCing with MHC Molasses right now under the heat cap. I used Mozeke Cleansing Condish then cowashed with Moist 24/7. I'm doing my cowash/DC in twists. Will leave the DC for a lil while then rinse and air dry and retwist each one.

:nono: Are you relaxed?
How do you get one side to stay while twisting the other? Geez if not a video a pic tutorial:yep:

I dc with a variation on Ursula's Mega moisturizing oil SMT aloe last night. Heavily oiled hair with Dabur Jasmine oil and baggied. Saturated hair with distilled water after an hour and added Snowy Moon Treatment (SMT): 4 parts moisturizing conditioner, 1 part honey, 1 part aloe vera juice. Let the oils and conditioner marinate for an hour and washed out. Detangled with conditioner in the shower. Use towel to absorb excess water. Combed aloe vera gel through hair. Braided hair and sealed with red palm butter cream. My celie braids are thick and moist ... its cold so I am wearing braids under a hat today.

DC #2 for the week...Aphogee 2-minute for 5 minutes and then Pantene Intensive Restoration Treatment for 2 hours. I think I need to not leave the Pantene on for so long, my hair feels totally different leaving it on for 2 hours vs. 15 minutes.

DC'ed with heat tonight as per the Cathy Howse regimen- Aphogee 2 minute mixed with EVOO, EVCO and peppermint EO. Now following up with Bee Mine BeeUTiful Conditioner.

I will be DCing tonight, I was supposed to do it yesterday; however, I was just too tired after i came from the gym. I will come back later and report what products I used.

I'm thinking I will most likely add honey to whatever it is that I use because my hair needs the extra moisture.

Back