Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Hey Ladies I haven't been keeping up with my 2x a week DCs; however, I make sure I do at least one DC on the weekend. I'm Dcing right now with one of my favs, Skala SOS Emergency.

I'm going to do a an O/N moisture DC with ORS replenishing then I'll shampoo out and air-dry before my henna tomorrow :yep:

I co-washed again today. Trying to get up to 4xs a week. So far, it's really been good for my hair, it's super soft and really curly. I was supposed to steam tonight but you guessed it, I'm being lazy. Got some writing to do!!

@IslandDiva08

Me too Island.:ohwell: What are your thoughts? I steamed with it too. I think I like it. My Hair was very soft after I rinsed. And I gave it a decent 'review'

But it just seemed 'messy' to me (for some reason). Will finish up the jar tho'.:yawn:

T, this is my first time using this masque. My hair was really soft after i wash the mud out and it seems as if i didn't have as much shrinkage as i use to have (i will have to pay closer attention next time). The application process was a little too messy for my liking, Girl, i had mud all over my bathroom and my shower and shower curtain had a reddish tint :ohwell::ohwell:. Next time i will have to dilute the masque with water or aloe vera juice, it was way too thick for my hair, i believe i spend a good 15 minutes trying to wash it out of my hair and off my scalp :nono::nono:.

I am still on the fence with this product, will have to try it a few more times before making a decision.

T, this is my first time using this masque. My hair was really soft after i wash the mud out and it seems as if i didn't have as much shrinkage as i use to have (i will have to pay closer attention next time). The application process was a little too messy for my liking, Girl, i had mud all over my bathroom and my shower and shower curtain had a reddish tint :ohwell::ohwell:. Next time i will have to dilute the masque with water or aloe vera juice, it was way too thick for my hair, i believe i spend a good 15 minutes trying to wash it out of my hair and off my scalp :nono::nono:.

I am still on the fence with this product, will have to try it a few more times before making a decision.

@IslandDiva08

I agree. My hair was really, really 'soft' after I rinsed.:yep:

And @EllePixie had already 'warned' me about rinsing it out good. (I'm Relaxed).

I did steam it in, but got nervous about 'Steaming' it, because the water in the little Reservoir thingy had a tinge of 'red' in the bottle.:sad:

And, I had read a post where someone said 'Steaming' Henna In, Messed Up their Steamer, so I got a little nervous about steaming it in.:spinning:

It did rinse out clean for me though. Overall, I liked it. I had 2 Jars and sold one on the Exchage Forum.

But I'll use it up. (Not Sure "when" tho'). I didn't have a mess rinsing it tho.

Next time, maybe I'll try it under the Dryer with a Plastic Cap. But I may Steam it again. I felt it made it easier to rinse out.

Oh Yeah, I Used Gloves.:yep:

Friday I slept overnight with my oil mixture. Rinsed Sat. morning, cowashed then DC'd with AOHSR condish for about 6hrs with body heat. My hair felt so soft and good!!

Is currently deep conditioning w/ super strength henna n placenta treatment (protein) and will follow up w/ elasta qp con (moisture).

Sent from my PG06100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I steamed with ORS replenishing pack this weekend, and put in my kinky twists, maybe I did something wrong but my hair was not as moisturized as it normally is. I had fallen off prior to this so I will have to take extra care with my hair now. biweekly steam, I am still looking for the best moisturizing conditioner for my steam treatments.

OMGoodness RelaxednNapulous I dunno how I missed you before, so sorry :( I added you :yep:

baglady215 how would you rate that Roux condish, scale of 1-10 for moisture? Does it have slip?

janda I haven't DC'ed with EO's for a long time, I used to love peppermint or cinnamon :lick: I should start doing it again, my scalp felt so good :yep:

Um, so I didn't get around to the henna till tonight about to co-wash out and then DC with my beloved :Rose:.......AKA ORS replenishing :grin:

Relaxing at the moment and will back that up with a mix of protein and moisture to show my hair how much I love her LOL

halee_J

Can I join this challenge for the 2nd quarter? I'm not sure what conditioner I will use, but I'm slowly learning more about protein & moisture balance. I wash it regularly and always use a hydrating conditioner and to be honest, it really doesn't feel bad at all, but I think I can do better for my hair.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'm 4a -b natural who wears braids - I wash them up to 3 x per week the ends don't feel dry, I don't think I need heavy protein as it isn't really damaged but maybe could do with a some moisture and light protein. TIA

mystery29 Sure! you can join whenever you like :yep: I'll be starting part 2 on April 1st, so look out for the thread :yep:

halee_J ......I'm in for April 1st 2011..

Yesterday, I Dc my bang with BF Pistachio Con/applied nioxin #8 to roots before I rinsed..Scalp had a nice tingle & bang is very moisturized & full...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
ebsalita of course, just look out for the thread April 1. Even as a natural I still think a small dose of protein every now and again is beneficial. I'm sure the natural ladies will chime in Lita Ltown :yep:

Last edited:
Thank you hale_j!

I honestly welcome any and all suggestions regarding conditioning and moisturising - the list on this thread is extensive - I don't know where to start, lol. I admit to being largely ignorant here but I am trying to learn from the more knowledgeable heads here. My hair is growing but I know I need strength and moisture to retain it. :yep: any recommendations?

Also, I've done the porosity test yesterday and my hair floated but I wonder whether this was because I have such fine light strands, it wasn't heavy enough to break the surface of the water??? It definitely soaked up some water as it had fully reverted to a small coil but was still floating...:perplexed: do I need porosity control or not??
ebsalita of course, just look out for the thread April 1. Even as a natural I still think a small dose of protein every now and again is beneficial. I'm sure the natural ladies will chime in Lita Ltown :yep:

Thank you hale_j!

I honestly welcome any and all suggestions regarding conditioning and moisturising - the list on this thread is extensive - I don't know where to start, lol. I admit to being largely ignorant here but I am trying to learn from the more knowledgeable heads here. My hair is growing but I know I need strength and moisture to retain it. :yep: any recommendations?

Also, I've done the porosity test yesterday and my hair floated but I wonder whether this was because I have such fine light strands, it wasn't heavy enough to break the surface of the water??? It definitely soaked up some water as it had fully reverted to a small coil but was still floating...:perplexed: do I need porosity control or not??

I've been natural for a year, and always before then use protein because it good for your body and hair natural or relax. I use nexus emergence, aphogee, infusion 23 anything with protein as leave in or conditioner with no problems. I don't know about the oils but the oils help retain moistures.

I've been natural for a year, and always before then use protein because it good for your body and hair natural or relax. I use nexus emergence, aphogee, infusion 23 anything with protein as leave in or conditioner with no problems. I don't know about the oils but the oils help retain moistures.

Thank you - when you're using Aphogee, what do you use to put moisture back into the hair? I'm a little scared of Aphogee - I keep reading on this forum that it is very strong protein and if not balanced with moisture hair can become really hard textured or even break...

Last edited:
Are there going to be progress pics at the end of this part? I would love to see everyones progress after these first three months

Back