Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

DC session last Thursday: Poo with Shiakai shampoo bar then DC (steam 20) with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque then added ceramide oil mix (rice bran, sesame, hemp oils) no heat for 10 minutes. Condition rinsed with AO Island Naturals. Hair felt very strong and conditioned!

Another DC session last night with some products I purchased from Henna Sooq: Prepoo/scalp massage with Cocoveda oil (early yesterday morning) then last night shampooed with their Cocoveda shampoo bar (wonderful shampoo and will be trying the argan oil and moroccan clay bars as well). DC (steamed 20 min) with MHC Honey Hair Mask then added same ceramide oil mix as above. Followed by condition rinse with AO Island Natural. Finally applied pure argan oil as a leave in...WOW what can I say??? :lick: I put my hair in a ponytail and the next morning my hair was dry and tangle free!!! I could actually run my fingers & a padded brush (not something I do at all) through my natural hair! No breakage! And my hair was moisturized and low frizz!

The latter DC session will be my usual...and ARGAN OIL :love: is a keeper!!!
ETA argan oil works wonders with flat ironing your hair too...just thought I'd add that! :grin:

Last edited:
I deep conditioned yesterday with Yes To Carrots Hair & Mud Mask for an hour, no heat. It was my first time using this one, but I think I like it. A little seems to go a long way. Anyone used this before?
I purchased this tonight and will use it within the coming weeks. I have other things I want to use up first. Did you mix oils with it?

hope its not too late to join. i joined the one last year but had to fall off because of studying for the bar :nono: but that's over so i'm back in the game :yep: just dc'ed w/ bear fruit hair avocado soak (luvs this stuff) for like 30-45 min w/ a plastic shower cap. my hair really loves avocado anything :lick:

I dC my bang tonight.Yes,my bang..Because its exposed to the elements all the time/rest of my hair is in a bun. I will condition all of it doing the week!

*I used Hairveda DC mask for 1hr...Then used Apala conditioner as a rinse...Bare Fruits -Desert leave-in..use oil to seal..Extremely soft detangle fluffy bang/Now put it in roller..Thats ALL..

Happy Hair Growing!
i may have to start doing this since i now have bangs and plan to bun :yep:

Giving myself a much needed henna and indigo treatment right now but have not decided on which deepc conditioner I will be using today. I will most likely be using my steamer too and will update after I have decided on a DC depending on how my hair feels after the henna treatment.

Used Neem Prepoo overnight (steamed this morning for 30min), Wash and steam for 1hr(2X30min) AOHSR, Roux PC, AORM, and AOWC (trying to get rid of my AO conditioners). They are great but I make my own which work just as well

shampooed with my organiz coconut and tue rest of my Loreal ever pure, applied mane n' tail conditioner for 10 min and now I have Hairveda Strinillah on my hair w a plastic cap. I'll probably leave it on until later tonight. I've never used this conditiner before so I'll update you guys with the results.

Checking in...I DC with silicon mix and it felt grrrrrreeeeattt (tony the tiger voice)

DC'd overnight with my Skala Castanhos (Sp?); it was ok, nothing compared to my SOS.I will be using this up for the next couple of weeks, but I will not be repurchasing this one.

May as well join this one too! I plan to DC 1-2x per week using a hooded dryer and/or my ghetto steamer (aka hot towels :lol:)

Hey baglady :) I love hot towels with a hooded dryer :lick:. Its just too hot in this place for me do it these days.

I dC my bang tonight.Yes,my bang..Because its exposed to the elements all the time/rest of my hair is in a bun.

That makes so much sense :yep:

DCing tonight with suave rosemary mint on scalp and shea and almond on length +oil....no salt for a white *too afraid* lol

Okay here's my update as promised. After my hendigo treatment, I gave myself a mild protein treatment with a mixture of Alterna Repair Conditioner and Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor Conditioner for 30 minutes followed by 1 hour of deep moisturizing conditioning with Alterna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner.

My hair was uber soft, softer than I expected. I was able to detangle with minute hair in the comb. I plait it up in big plaits and will wear it like this for a few days under my wigs.

I've been deep conditioning though, twice a week. Today I DC'd with an Ayurvedic mixture (bentonite clay, hibiscus powder, bhringraj powder, neem powder, and a dash of MSM powder). My hair was so soft afterwards. I was intending to use it as a cleansing treatment so I could follow up with my Curl Junkie curl rehab, but my hair ended up being so moisturized that I skipped that and just counted my Ayurvedic treatment as a DC. I'm really loving these Ayurvedic treatments on my hair.

I did my DC yesterday. I started with Aquage Strengthening and then finshed under the dryer with Moisture Velvet. I just relaxed on Monday after 9 weeks so my hair came out bouncy, silky and straight.

I deep conditoned with Deva Curl Heaven in Hair DC (trying to use it up;I will not repurchase again, it's just okay) mixed with tea tree oil, jojoba oil, JBCO, and coconut oil (I like to mix this with oils because it doesn't do as well by itself). It came out soft but not super soft as I would like.

I love your hair Lita! Your starting pic is my end goal :love:.

Did a protein tx on my relaxed ends; a mix of Alfaparf Rigan and Aphogee 2min. Left that on for 2 min, Dcing now with ORS replenishing ~1hr no heat.

I love your hair Lita! Your starting pic is my end goal :love:.

Did a protein tx on my relaxed ends; a mix of Alfaparf Rigan and Aphogee 2min. Left that on for 2 min, Dcing now with ORS replenishing ~1hr no heat.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

My bang starting picture...

Today I pre poo my bang/washed w babassu shampoo bar & Dc with Motions D.P.T/sealed with kbb hair oil...

*Later this week I will DC the rest of my hair... I'm out of my RedKen ..Trying to find it...
If I cant find it this week I will Dc w Shea butter tea tree mask by Bare Fruit!

Happy Hair Growing!

I steamed with Kenra and a mixture of oils on Saturday night and my hair felt great. The under processed areas are still not very happy. Ugh. These areas are a hair 911.

@ Halle J...You have some beautiful thick hair & I love the color too!

Happy Hair Growing!

Back