Delightful Deep Condition Challenge 2012 Part 4 (Oct 1st- Dec 31st)

I'm in!! I heart deep conditioning. As usual, I will be Steam DC'ing once a week after I shampoo. On my CW days, I will leave the conditioner in for at Least 30 minutes and then rinse. I work from home a lot and al the dry heat will stunt my growth if I don't step my moisture game up.

using ayurvedic pastes: variety of powders, gel, Shapley M-T-G, coconut oil, conditioner, essential oils (tea tree, lemon, eucalyptus or neem).

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
All day DC with 10-en-1... Co-washing, DC'ing and applying my mixes tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ok... So out of pure laziness, I am just getting to washing out this conditioner (about 24 hours). I will shampoo wash today (a lot of MN and Sulfur Mix buildup) and DC with ??? (will update)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Wowzers, I thought I'd posted already! I'm definitely in!

Current DCs:
L'Oreal Eversleek
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

DCing overnight with AOWC. I relaxed hair loved it, but I'm not sure yet if my natural hair is a fan. We'll see after tonight! :yep:

Deep conditioning right now with LUV NATURALS Conditional Love. Taking my time with this one, 1 hr..half heat, half no heat. My hair is going to be BUTTAH when I'm done!

halee_J i forgot to mention last time i hope this is it (not sure i know how to). im definitely in. i did a dc with alter ego garlic mask for 30mins without heat - i usually use my steamer but i was busy. i banded my hair overnight then did medium dry twists in the morning.

Dcing on dry hair all day with Ion reconstructor and oil. Tomorrow, will rinse out and do an ayurvedic mask of brahmi powder and aloe vera powder under the steamer...

I'll pass that's too much messing w my hair.... + I'm lazy & I'm new to washing w twice a month.

good Luck every body!!!

I'm experimenting with products that contain protein because my hair is fine, so I deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Professional Nourishing and Strengthening Treatment. When I rinsed it out, my hair seemed soft and stronger, but dryer than usual. I didn't really like that feeling. I then Dced with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle. I rinsed that out and applied my leave in and sealant (Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine leave in and sealed with JBCO). My hair is back to its normal softness, but I'm still noticing some breakage. Now I'm wondering if the Creme of Nature was a good enough protein treatment...the proteins are kind of in the middle of the ingredient list. *shrugs* What do you all think?

The ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polyquaternium-10, Amodimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Isostearyl Ethylimidazolinium, Ethosulfate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Caco (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Panthenol, Phytanytriol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Ocimum Basilicur (Basil) Extract, Polygala Senega Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene Linalool, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.

Did a steamed DC yesterday:
Moringa oil in my roots
Then avg in my roots
Tea to dampen strands and also applied in the roots
AOIN
Oil blend
Steamed for about 15 minutes.

I'm experimenting with products that contain protein because my hair is fine, so I deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Professional Nourishing and Strengthening Treatment. When I rinsed it out, my hair seemed soft and stronger, but dryer than usual. I didn't really like that feeling. I then Dced with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle. I rinsed that out and applied my leave in and sealant (Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine leave in and sealed with JBCO). My hair is back to its normal softness, but I'm still noticing some breakage. Now I'm wondering if the Creme of Nature was a good enough protein treatment...the proteins are kind of in the middle of the ingredient list. *shrugs* What do you all think?

The ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polyquaternium-10, Amodimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Isostearyl Ethylimidazolinium, Ethosulfate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Caco (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Panthenol, Phytanytriol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Ocimum Basilicur (Basil) Extract, Polygala Senega Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene Linalool, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.

Hydrolyzed wheat protein is not a strengthening protein but one that helps hair absorb moisture better I suggest a product with keratin, or collogen protein maybe ORS replenishing pak

I second a keratin protein .... I use Millcreek keratin when I need a solid protein boost. I have fine relaxed hair and use various protein pretty regularly.
Froreal3

Back