Dating Your Ex's Friends: Is this off limits for you?

Would You Date Your Ex-Boyfriend/Ex-SO's Friends?

• Yes!

Votes: 55 24.6%
  • No!

Votes: 139 62.1%
  • Maybe (Please explain)!

Votes: 30 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I recall hearing 2 teenage girls talking about how one of their other friends is dating her ex...the one girls ask's her if shes trippin and shes says "no, I told her leftovers or best warmed up"......

lmao

Well my personal motto is keep all men around, you just never know:grin:

I dated a guy, we broke up. I knew his friend loosely but not very well. Well.... I met up with the friend a few years later, we started dating

And then, I married him:wink2:

*shrugs* Different strokes for different folks. It worked for me though:yep:

:lachen:

I would, and have, and it caused no issues that I was aware of. We were all in college, I dated M first, then broke up with him and started dating his best friend, J, and then broke up with him and started dating M again. :lachen: After we broke up (the second time), J & I were fbuddies for a while. The whole time, J & M were good friends - I think they lived together for a while, and erryting.
I'm still friends with both of them and invited both of them to my wedding. :look: Neither of them made it, though. :giggle:

Now, their female friends hated me while we were in college. *shrug* I think for me at least, the difference is that I was friends with both of them before I started dating M - so, it wasn't uncomfortable to be spending time in both of their presence while I was dating one or the other.

Î wouldn't date any of my ex's close friends :nono:
Maybe a random aquaintance, but that's it.

Yea, that's a big no-no for me. It's exactly the same as one of my close friends dating an ex of mine.

But a random acquaintance, possibly... might disturb me that they know each other though.

I see a lot of people voted no, but my bestfriend and I just had this conversation. It really depends. Did I date this person for a 2 weeks, 2 months, or is he my college sweetheart? I personally refuse to cut out a large circle of men simply because I dated one person. For example, in college I dated this one guy for about a month. We just had no chemistry, but we knew that and remained cool. About 6-7 years later (post college), I run into his Fraternity brother. We talked for a few weeks and eventually he expressed a strong interest in me and we began dating. I dated him for about a year. Now, had I had this "I won't date his friends or anyone in his circle" mentality I automatically would have eliminated about 40 good guys right there. It wasn't awkward when I was around all of them because the first guy was now married with a life of his own and like I said before, we did not click at all.

:lachen:

I would, and have, and it caused no issues that I was aware of. We were all in college, I dated M first, then broke up with him and started dating his best friend, J, and then broke up with him and started dating M again. :lachen: After we broke up (the second time), J & I were fbuddies for a while. The whole time, J & M were good friends - I think they lived together for a while, and erryting.
I'm still friends with both of them and invited both of them to my wedding. :look: Neither of them made it, though. :giggle:

Now, their female friends hated me while we were in college. *shrug* I think for me at least, the difference is that I was friends with both of them before I started dating M - so, it wasn't uncomfortable to be spending time in both of their presence while I was dating one or the other.

No disrespect at all, but if you were fbuddies at one point, was sex in the dating equation with both?.... that didn't make you feel kind of used or not right?

No disrespect at all, but if you were fbuddies at one point, was sex in the dating equation with both?.... that didn't make you feel kind of used or not right?

:lachen: If anyone was getting used, it was them - so, no, it didn't make me feel not right, at all.

Why would it? *thinks*

It might have been different if they were the ones breaking up with me, I suppose.

:lachen: If anyone was getting used, it was them - so, no, it didn't make me feel not right, at all.

Why would it? *thinks*

It might have been different if they were the ones breaking up with me, I suppose.

Oooo!!! That's a good way to take it :grin: IDK, maybe because of societal stigmas, I, at first, was like but they're friends so it's gotta be like tag team on her, no fair :nono:, buuuuuuut flip that right on around, and yep, :lachen: it was like you tagging them. And it does make sense, so I like. Nevermind me lol, all I needed was a new perspective :grin:

Most of his friends are thankfully unavailable bc there are so weird looking and acting ones in that bunch. No thank you.

Back