Dating A White Supremacist

Transformer

Dear Prudence,

Five years ago my best friend, “Jane,” started dating “Scott.” Eventually Jane and I fell out because I didn’t support their relationship. He was rude, often undermined her, and was a passionate Trump supporter. (Jane and I are not Trump supporters.) Recently they broke up, and Jane and I were subsequently able to make up. She told me that he’d been “acting bizarrely,” and discovered he frequented white supremacist forums online. Jane is Black. She learned he had claimed to his racist buddies that he was only with her for the money (she paid for everything), that he was disgusted by physical contact with her, and that he would never have children with her because it would taint his bloodline.

I decided to submit an anonymous tip to the FBI about Scott’s online involvement in white supremacy, hoping someone would keep tabs on him in case he ever escalated to violence. I stand by that decision and don’t regret it. But when Jane found out, she was furious, saying I should have trusted her to make the call. She has cut me out of her life. I’m disappointed because I truly value her friendship and did not do this to undermine her. I want to support my friend. Did I make the right call? What should I do?

—Neighborhood Watch

It may be cold comfort, but at least you have the gift of clarity in Jane’s rejection: There’s no way you can support her right now because she doesn’t want to talk to you. Some of her response may be inflected by embarrassment that the man she loved held her in such contempt and successfully hid it from her for so long. She may find it easier to take some of her anger out on you, since you’re a readier and safer target than her racist ex is. She may even now feel protective of him if she’s made a habit of defending him from her friends and family over the years, or she may be frustrated over what she sees as a lost opportunity for her to regain control of the situation. But you sound pretty secure in the choice you made. I think the only reason you’re worried you made the wrong call is because Jane is angry now, not because you’ve reassessed the possible threat Scott poses to others. Maybe if you had spoken about this with her before you made your report, things would be different, but there’s no guarantee of that. If she had told you “No, don’t send in the tip—he doesn’t really mean it” but you did it anyway, you two would have fallen out over the exact same thing. For now, the most you can do is think of Jane with compassion from a distance.

this is why people need to take things slow in getting to know each other.

You are right.

But something tells me Jane saw all the signs early on and was in mere denial.
If a man is repulsed by you, I refuse to believe you can't sense it somehow early on. That's a pretty strong emotion and I imagine, it's not always easy to hide it.

ETA: More time wouldn't have changed her decision.

Last edited:
Forget the fact he's a White Supremacist [momentarily]. Why is SHE paying for everything? Now THAT'S an issue!
I felt like I was reading something in a strange new language when I got to that part. Sitting up with a whole dependent without tax benefits talking about that's your man. :rose:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I actually like what the friend did. I don't know why Jane mad, unless it's because she didn't think of it first.
~~~~~~~~~
Now all of that said, I thought this thread was going to be about the black lady married John Kinsman of the Proud Boys. I would love to know dynamics of that relationship because I suspect it's not what people might expect. Dude was prominent in a WS group and didn't hide his black wife, not gf, not baby mama but legal wife and biracial kids from the world. That's not supposed to happen but it did.

You are right.

But something tells me Jane saw all the signs early on and was in mere denial.
If a man is repulsed by you, I refuse to believe you can't sense it somehow early on. That's a pretty strong emotion and I imagine, it's not always easy to hide it.

ETA: More time wouldn't have changed her decision.
This all day. She would not have called the FBI. I wouldn't be surprised if she called the guy back thinking she could save his soul or something.

Then there's the thing of trying to be friends with people who have poor judgment. :nono;

I am not surprised at all. Who do you think the male and female Karens of the world talk about (after being called out on a racist comment) when they hit you with the " I am not racist my husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend is black!"? They are absolutely talking about the black person in their life whom they built relationships with based on the ability to freely converse negatively about black people with...without being checked/corrected. They are talking about black folk who will dress like a slave at blackface parties. They are talking about black folks who treat all things white like the paragon of success. They are talking about that extremely damaged subset of black people who try so hard to prove they "aren't like them(meaning other black people)" that they don't realize good black people ain't like negative stereotypes either and both negative along with positive qualities are character traits. You can reject nonsense without rejecting the merit and victories of the entire group. This type of person is absolutely being used by the white people/person they are trying their hardest to prove themselves to be something they aren't to. Of course the two in the op are together. They are both fixated on an unrealistic negative mindset about black people and whether it's toxic or uplifting, relationships are based on things people have in common. Who better to confirm all the horrible" black things" he believes about black people than a black person who is idolizing white and considers herself the exception to the rule(as opposed to debunking the stereotype)?

Last edited:
I think anyone whose a passionate trump supporter should be red flag for a black woman. Whether that person is white, black, asian, or whatever. Passionately being in favor of trump is indicative of a whole host of issues.
I was listening to a white dude on Youtube who may be a bit too much for this forum and he was translating the passion of the trump supporter to non trump supporters and said "you're trying to appeal to their humanity by pointing out that he's racist and hurts people. Well, his supporters like that he's racist and hurts people. " He was like the only way to hit a trump supporter where it hurts is to remind them that "Trump can't even racist right." which I will be using.

this is why people need to take things slow in getting to know each other.
This is literally the first line... Five years ago my best friend, “Jane,” started dating “Scott.”

Whatever she didn't see was because she didn't want to see it. She's had all the time in the world to get to know him.

I was listening to a white dude on Youtube who may be a bit too much for this forum and he was translating the passion of the trump supporter to non trump supporters and said "you're trying to appeal to their humanity by pointing out that he's racist and hurts people. Well, his supporters like that he's racist and hurts people. " He was like the only way to hit a trump supporter where it hurts is to remind them that "Trump can't even racist right." which I will be using.
My curiosity is piqued. Link please.

This is literally the first line... Five years ago my best friend, “Jane,” started dating “Scott.”

Whatever she didn't see was because she didn't want to see it. She's had all the time in the world to get to know him.

His videos aren't long unless the topic is guns but sometimes I just want to jump right to the gems when somebody tells me about a vlogger.

This is the video from this morning. Sermon begins at 3:19

A video I was going to post in the "do you have a gun" thread until I realized it's not helpful for women here. Sermon begins at 5:40

Last edited:
I am not surprised at all. Who do you think the male and female Karens of the world talk about (after being called out on a racist comment) when they hit you with the " I am not racist my husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend is black!"? They are absolutely talking about the black person in their life whom they built relationships with based on the ability to freely converse negatively about black people with...without being checked/corrected. They are talking about black folk who will dress like a slave at blackface parties. They are talking about black folks who treat all things white like the paragon of success. They are talking about that extremely damaged subset of black people who try so hard to prove they "aren't like them(meaning other black people)" that they don't realize good black people ain't like negative stereotypes either and both negative along with positive qualities are character traits. You can reject nonsense without rejecting the merit and victories of the entire group. This type of person is absolutely being used by the white people/person they are trying their hardest to prove themselves to be something they aren't to. Of course the two in the op are together. They are both fixated on an unrealistic negative mindset about black people and whether it's toxic or uplifting, relationships are based on things people have in common. Who better to confirm all the horrible" black things" he believes about black people than a black person who is idolizing white and considers herself the exception to the rule(as opposed to debunking the stereotype)?
I'm familiar with this type of black person but the detailed way in which you describe such a person makes me feel incredibly sorry for them instead of my usual exasperation and rage. How does something like that even happen? I mean, I know how but still...it's just pitiful.

I'm familiar with this type of black person but the detailed way in which you describe such a person makes me feel incredibly sorry for them instead of my usual exasperation and rage. How does something like that even happen? I mean, I know how but still...it's just pitiful.

It can be different things that can cause a person to be in one of the illustrations I described above. I think though when it gets distorted to the extreme level discussed in this thread it's usually relative to an impactful positive experience or cluster of experiences that they generalize to all white people that creates positive bias or a impactful negative experience or cluster of negative experience they they generalize to all black people that creates negative bias instead of letting each scenario or person prove itself. Conditioning is a trip but it's a reality.

I’m sure that relationship got rushed on both ends of the stick.

I think “Jane” is like many Black men that date white women....she considered him a trophy and somehow he validated her position in life. She was getting what she wanted out of the relationship...being seen with a white dude.
You may be right but I go back and forth with this concept because so many black women look at any old kind of black man as a trophy and it manifests by taking care of a men financially and going along with all kinds of out of pocket, trifling behavior. It's been my observation that black women take the same behavior over the fence with them when they date interracially.

His videos aren't long unless the topic is guns but sometimes I just want to jump right to the gems when somebody tells me about a vlogger.

This is the video from this morning. Sermon begins at 3:19

A video I was going to post in the "do you have a gun" thread until I realized it's not helpful for women here. Sermon begins at 5:40

I watched some of his other videos and wow, so many gems here. I'm glad to see one of their own schooling them on their ignorance. Off topic but his video about alpha males is a goodie too. Thanks for sharing.

Now all of that said, I thought this thread was going to be about the black lady married John Kinsman of the Proud Boys. I would love to know dynamics of that relationship because I suspect it's not what people might expect. Dude was prominent in a WS group and didn't hide his black wife, not gf, not baby mama but legal wife and biracial kids from the world. That's not supposed to happen but it did.
Wait, while he was actively a KKK Grandmaster, he was also married to and had children with a black woman? :huh: This wasn't post getting reformed and seeing the error of his ways?

How did the other Proud Boys react? What was the wife thinking? What about the kids? So many questions

Wait, while he was actively a KKK Grandmaster, he was also married to and had children with a black woman? :huh: This wasn't post getting reformed and seeing the error of his ways?

How did the other Proud Boys react? What was the wife thinking? What about the kids? So many questions
Proud Boys are not KKK adjacent, more like KKK catty-corner. PB is what the movie Fight Club looks like in real life and while their focus is more male supremacy over white supremacy, they don't necessarily kick white supremacy out of bed but their bigger beef is establishing boys > girls. The irony of Fight Club is that male supremacy just falls naturally into the laps of men who look like Brad Pitt/Edward Norton so they are the least likely to form a group to fight for it.
Dudes who look like this tho.... well they got to work a little harder.
proud-boys-transformation.jpg

The reason why I'm interested in this dynamic is that my gut tells me that much like women who say that marriage is just a piece of paper until somebody actually proposes, there's a whole lot of these men's right virgins who roll right the :censored: over as soon as they get a girlfriend. That's not to discount the ones who are just rotten to the core and can't wait to hurt a woman, but every group has factions within.

I bet he put his pointy birthday hat back on after the picture was snapped. Can't let his boys see him being all feminized.
dqjavdkucaa_tbg-2.jpg

Back