Dating a Sagittarius man

Wow. DH is Sag married 5 years, known him since I was a teen.

A lot of what people define is kinda true BUT you guys are throwing me off on the dishonesty issue. Considering the time we've known each other that hasn't been my experience at all. When he did lie though it was a doozy but he tends to report himself and that's like 2 major instances in 7 years, I can be worse.

I made him chase me. Having said that I made every man I wanted chase me so dunno about him liking the chase, but he did seem to have commitment issues WITH ME when we were younger but always had a girlfriend he stuck to for long periods so not worried about commitment issues.

He is social but has very very few close friends, he'd rather hang with me than go out. Pedestal, check. Generous, check. Insatiable sexual appetite, check.

Yup keeping him.

Wow. DH is Sag married 5 years, known him since I was a teen.

A lot of what people define is kinda true BUT you guys are throwing me off on the dishonesty issue. Considering the time we've known each other that hasn't been my experience at all. When he did lie though it was a doozy but he tends to report himself and that's like 2 major instances in 7 years, I can be worse.

I made him chase me. Having said that I made every man I wanted chase me so dunno about him liking the chase, but he did seem to have commitment issues WITH ME when we were younger but always had a girlfriend he stuck to for long periods so not worried about commitment issues.

He is social but has very very few close friends, he'd rather hang with me than go out. Pedestal, check. Generous, check. Insatiable sexual appetite, check.

Yup keeping him.

@ HotHair

What is your sign? Does he instigate arguments?

Any Sag- Taurean matches? They are non-existent...everything I read said run. But our natal said we are so much the same that I should run, but I won't because I am loyal to the human condition. Basically I like wounded animals, but don't be surprised when they bite you. *sigh*

Any Sag- Taurean matches? They are non-existent...everything I read said run. But our natal said we are so much the same that I should run, but I won't because I am loyal to the human condition. Basically I like wounded animals, but don't be surprised when they bite you. *sigh*

I did it. Im a Taurus. One of the best relationships I've ever had was with a Sag. The women in that signs plague me (relatives), but the men seem to lack the selfish trait inherent in some female Sags. I had the most dating/relationship success with Sags and Caps only. I liked how much I had in common in terms of personality traits (honest, driven/ambitious, outgoing, self aware). We seem to understand eachother. I knew what I was getting with a Sag.

Last edited:
My first (puppy) love was a Sag. We started of a friends and ended up very close and in love. He was very respectful of me and used to tell me all the time that I was on a pedestal in his mind.

As we got older he or in these streets and would call from time to time but would never see me. If he thought I was seeing someone else he would swoop in and try to occupy my time so the other use would get upset.

Once we hit our 20s he basically told me he wanted to get married at 30 and wanted me to wait for him. Told me not to expect anything from him and that way he couldn't disappoint me. Said I expected too much of him, he wasn't good enough for me etc.

Needless to say, that didn't go over well with me and I moved on. He sent me a super long email two weeks before my wedding begging an pleading for me not to get married. Said he felt he was letting his wife marry someone else...biggest mistake of his life, etc.

That man was so confusing to me. At that age I couldn't not comprehend wanting to marry someone but not wanting to 'date' them. It was a sorrowful relationship toward the end.

But I always did feel he had genuine feelings for me. And when he did see me he couldn't stop touching me, holding my hand, staring at me...then he would disappear for a month. It was very confusing. He broke my heart.

That said, I'm a Virgo and love very deeply and just could not process the hot and cold I got from him.

Then I married a Gemini. :lachen: He's hot and cold in his own way but I find him so interesting and smart - and in 10 years I've never felt dismissed by him or had him invalidate my feelings or put me in a 'box' until he was ready.

Just two very different experiences. An these are two signs that supposedly don't mix we'll with a Virgo.

ETA: SAG told some big lies too.

Last edited:
One of my boyfriends in college is a Sag....One of the best matches I have ever had (I'm a Leo). He and I just seem to get one another. The only thing about us was that our timing was way off. If we'd gotten together at 20 instead of 17/18, we would have been all right. He wasn't trying to be tied down even though he cared for me a great deal.

However, he is one of my closest friends to this very day.

ETA: but let's talk about why I keep attracting Capricorns.... :/

mochalocks yes and run!! I'm a sag and he's a Pisces. I love him to death but we are just not the same on a lot of things. My aunt and her hubby are the same sign match as us and had the same issues. They've been married 20 yrs but it was WORK.
lol'. Oh no. ;0( But he's a sweetheart... For now. I'll watch him closely.

Dating a SAG and I am a SAG...I feel like I have met my match. He is a hand full and so am I. Never a dull moment. It's really intense and pasionate about life with us in general. We are so alike but yet different. This will definitely take work but could be worth it so why not. I won't be bored that's for sure!

:lol: I started this thread years ago and it's still going strong! I kicked the guy to the curb that I mentioned upthread. It was long-distance and just wasn't going to work out.

Funny thing is that I'm in a relationship with a Sag now. :lol: We've been going strong for awhile now. We have a really harmonious relationship, and we're talking about marriage. :yep: He had to chase me, as I just wasn't really taking him seriously at first, but he won me over. Since we've been together he was been extremely committed and available to me and if there's anything I need from him he doesn't hesitate to do it.

Ditto to being passionate and very sexual. He's actually a bit more lovey-dovey than I am naturally. He does have a slick mouth sometimes - in the sense that he says what he feels and is really blunt with the delivery. I've mostly learned how to deal with it. :lol:

ETA: I'm a Libra.

Well I got rid of one Sag of 2 years, and got another one!!!

Ugh, so far he seems a lot better than the other sag guy. We're just friends, and talking.

Sag- Aquarius? Lol

Me! I'm an Aquarius and my SO is a Sagittarius and it's been the best relationship I've ever had. He's super straight-forward and blunt, "lovey-dovey" and romantic...more so than me. In fact, he remembers our anniversaries before I do :look:. I think we get along well...I agree with the "slick mouth" comment, but I have one too :laugh:. We both tend to have very strong opinions and "debate" things which I like because we can stimulate each other mentally. Even though he's blunt and says what's on his mind, he's pretty sensitive but tries to hide it.

I notice a lot of Sag and Crab relationships.
Anyone in one or know of any?
Are they flirts?
Has anyone experiences the cheating associated with his sign?

Don't like 'em (I'm a Cap). They are my worst match and I can personally see no redeeming qualities in the men. Kudos to those who can handle them!

Back