Dating a Sagittarius man

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Okay so I read through this whole thread (which has been quite helpful) being that I'm currently dealing with a Sagittarius man. What I gathered is that you basically have to play hard to get with them and give them their space. So, my question is how do you let them know that you like them without them feeling like you are trying to trap them? How do I give him just enough to have him coming back for more and not running for the hills. :lol:

Very difficult. I don't know if I attract Sagittarians or not, but each and every one of my dating relationships have turned out to be me (Libra) and a Sag. Libras and Sags' have a difficult time getting along. Libras are expressive and affectionate. By and large, Sags' are very independent, some would say self-absorbed. That's been my experience with them. Libras faults are huge: we are people pleasures to our detriment; cannot seem to make decisions; are often shallow; love too deeply and possibly too soon; are often too concerned about others' feelings and well being to the exclusion of our own. There are many bad traits that Libras have. And these tend to be the opposite of Sagittarians.

All I know is that I've personally had a difficult time relating to and connecting with male Sag's.

Surprised nobody mentioned they are LIARS!

The two Sag's I was with were the worst liars I have ever known! and they stay stuck on stupid! yeah they can love you and put you on a pedestal, but whats the point when they stay stupid! LOL

Maybe it was just them, but nah I WOULD never attempt to take a Sag serious again

So right with everything:

1. They can't commit
2. They aren't very deep-thinking individuals
3. They have problems opening up
4. The ones I've dated were all very self absorbed to the point that their self esteem depended on putting others--including their SO--down

These are just *MY* experiences. And every single man I've dated, for some reason, has been a Sag. Don't know why I attract them. I'm a Libra. Libras and Sags' do not belong together.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Okay so I read through this whole thread (which has been quite helpful) being that I'm currently dealing with a Sagittarius man. What I gathered is that you basically have to play hard to get with them and give them their space. So, my question is how do you let them know that you like them without them feeling like you are trying to trap them? How do I give him just enough to have him coming back for more and not running for the hills. :lol:

when you figure it out let me know. I've met several sag men this year and they have me :rolleyes: going nuts. At first I could careless but then they will do something grand and I will like them but for some reason we will mesh for a while but not click!

Another thing about sag men is that they are big dreamers promise you the world but don't always deliver especially if the promise is for something in the future or at a later date.

when you figure it out let me know. I've met several sag men this year and they have me :rolleyes: going nuts. At first I could careless but then they will do something grand and I will like them but for some reason we will mesh for a while but not click!

Another thing about sag men is that they are big dreamers promise you the world but don't always deliver especially if the promise is for something in the future or at a later date.

Wow gosh someone has to have atleast had one successful relationship with a Sag man.:sad:

and I thought Pisces men were bad...lol

Last edited:

1. They can't commit
4. The ones I've dated were all very self absorbed to the point that their self esteem depended on putting others--including their SO--down

These are just *MY* experiences. And every single man I've dated, for some reason, has been a Sag. Don't know why I attract them. I'm a Libra. Libras and Sags' do not belong together.

Girl, every man I attract is a Sag and you are SO right about everything!! I just let one go..for GOOD. He was emotionally unvavailable, self absorbed, can't get too close, he LOVED the chase but that was it. :nono: I couldn't win. :ohwell:

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Well, the chase becomes irritating in the end. It seemed like that's ALL he liked and also for people to see us together to inflate his darn ego. It was a hopeless case girl..at least for me it was. I loved someone that couldn't be loved or love me back.

Wow gosh someone has to have atleast had one successful relationship with a Sag man.:sad:

and I thought Pisces men were bad...lol

Hmmm... I'm dating a Sag man now (first ever) and he's been great.

My dad and brother are Sag's too, so maybe I just relate to them well.

I'm Scorpio.

My man is a sag, and I'm a cap - we are very different. It took a LONG time to adjust. Some say sag is the live of a party, can't sit still etc. but he's not like that - at least not all the time. Try to focus on their myers briggs "colour" which is based on personality not birth sign. My parents are a sag/cap combo as well, and I see similiarities in my own relationship. Sag people like affection, they like to be recognized for their efforts, they "can" be the life of a party and like to socialize. I personally think sag/cap clash a little too much, but with compromise it can work. Just think of it this way, any sign that follows you is not a match, every other sign will work.

My man is a sag, and I'm a cap - we are very different. It took a LONG time to adjust. Some say sag is the live of a party, can't sit still etc. but he's not like that - at least not all the time. Try to focus on their myers briggs "colour" which is based on personality not birth sign. My parents are a sag/cap combo as well, and I see similiarities in my own relationship. Sag people like affection, they like to be recognized for their efforts, they "can" be the life of a party and like to socialize. I personally think sag/cap clash a little too much, but with compromise it can work. Just think of it this way, any sign that follows you is not a match, every other sign will work.

really, as in the natal chart?

I'm close to a Sag guy and we get along well for the most part. He can be quite blunt at times and doesn't realize when he says mean things. But if I point it out..he is very apologetic. I think they are caring and I agree with the hard to commit part as well.

Man im a sag woman and you guys hit it all on the head shoots i cant believe it i use to have commitment issues yikes. Sag tend s to run away from relationships because they are scared when they get too close to someone they will hurt them. They also love relationships but rather have friends to run around with and travel and do all sorts of fun stuff.

^^^ They seem to love the IDEA of being in a relationship but don't want the responsibility that comes with being in one. And they seem to enjoy the chase. The more I back away, the more of a challenge it becomes for them. And when they feel as though they are going to lose you, they try harder...but ONLY do as little as possible with as little effort as they can to get you back. But after they have you back, they got you. And they continue behaving as they did before.

I let him go FOR GOOD. Why this fool keeps calling and texting and asking me out when I've already FIRMLY said that it's over!!! :wallbash:

They seem to love the IDEA of being in a relationship but don't want the responsibility that comes with being in one. And they seem to enjoy the chase. THIS IS SO ME The more I back away, the more of a challenge it becomes for them. And when they feel as though they are going to lose you, they try harder..LOL
but ONLY do as little as possible with as little effort as they can to get you back. this is because they feel this would eventually happen anyway
But after they have you back, they got you. And they continue behaving as they did before.

I let him go FOR GOOD. Why this fool keeps calling and texting and asking me out when I've already FIRMLY said that it's over!!! :wallbash:

Hmmm... I'm dating a Sag man now (first ever) and he's been great.

My dad and brother are Sag's too, so maybe I just relate to them well.

I'm Scorpio.

YES. This is what I need to hear. :yep:

There's this guy that I just want. He's so tall and chocolatey... smart and fun... :spinning: He's technically a Scorpio, but right on the cusp, and I just sense more Sag than Scorpio in him. I'm a Scorpio too btw.

But yeah, when I first heard he was checking for me... I was "like heck no. He is too flaky for me" ... but I talked to him more and I realized he's just free-spirited. Which is cool. I need some spice in my life.

We've just been friendly and I was wondering why he's pussyfooting around making that next step, but Zaynab says the whole buddy thing is a good thing. Cuz I know he's into... I heard he was asking about me through the grapevine....

So just be friends, play hard to get and no long-term relationship. Okay.... I can do that. :yep:

OMG this is right on the money. My boyfriend acts like this and has been for the last 3 years. It's a never ending cycle and they're so pursuasive. Sexual appetitie is like woah and will tell you the most obivious lie just to get you back. UGH! SO glad I dumped my sag :D

^^^ They seem to love the IDEA of being in a relationship but don't want the responsibility that comes with being in one. And they seem to enjoy the chase. The more I back away, the more of a challenge it becomes for them. And when they feel as though they are going to lose you, they try harder...but ONLY do as little as possible with as little effort as they can to get you back. But after they have you back, they got you. And they continue behaving as they did before.

I'm a Cap and my dh is a Sag. It's been the BEST relationship, although the zodiac signs say its not.

The problem with Caps is we can be a bit controllling (ok ALOT) and Sags don't like it. They will run from it actually. Luckily, I've always recognized my need to control so I'm able to keep it in check. Also to be honest, dh has made me more "fun" over the years. I think Caps we have a tendency to be very serious, because are such hardworkers and sometimes too conservative.

I admire that dh is so free-spirited and willing to try different things. Sags are VERY FAITHFUL and VERY LOYAL or at least the two I have dated and the one I married. What they say is what they do, so I've never had to question dh or check him or worry about him....it's like, if they are with you, they are with you. They are very honest. Now because Sags are so blunt, they aren't really into emotions I would say; they are just straight forward and practical. I've learned over the years not to get my feeelings hurt by dh's words, they are blunt but they want to be honest about whatever they need to. It works for me because I always dated like a man,:look: I've been called the ice princess because I keep my feelings close and not overly emotional.

I've just never understood why this zodiac match gets one of the worst compatibility ratings because its been perfect to me obviously. We have totally different communication styles but it works. Also, I think Sags are tigers in the bed:look::yep:

I'm a capricorn also married to a Sag. And I am a true-to-form capricorn that is conservative, controlling, and more comfortable with structure and routine. My DH on the other hand is completely opposite. Also, I'm introverted and he's very extroverted and never met a stranger.

We are complete opposites. I find the descriptions of adventurious, free-spirited, and having a million things going on at a time to be true. Yes, he can be very blunt. Mostly with other people. He censors himself a little bit more with his comments with me because I can be sensitive at times.

We have definitely had to learn to appreciate the qualities in the other. It's funny the things that attracted us to each other tends to annoy the other the most at times.

Yes, they don't like to be controlled, so I definitely have to monitor my controlling nature. Also, they like to get up and go.

My daughter and DH are Sags. I find they like to learn for learning sakes. They often go into depth when learning a topic. My experience with them are they are very intelligent. My mom was also a Sag.

I understand why many astrologists say that the Cap/Sag relationship is hard. I have butted heads with all the Sags in my life I think because we are complete opposites. It can work though, if you learn to appreciate the differences. There is a lot of compromise involved though, at least in our case.

They are definitely not boring people.

Sounds like my dh, he's very affectionate and I'm not. I think part of that was a challenge to him (another thing Sag men seem to like).

I'm a Cap and my dh is a Sag. Apparently we aren't comically linked because of caps being so serious and Sags tending to be sort of un-scheduled and dreamy.

I have this issue too (i'm a cap too). I'm not very affectionate and he is, so sometimes it comes off wrong. I work on it though. I do think they like a challenge because sometimes I can be a challenging person in his eyes. Not purposely, I just think its our differences.

1. They can't commit

She pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I think that once they have finally matured they can be great depending on the person and their other placements.

What? Libra and sag are actually a perfect match.....as per what I've read. Now sag and cappy that's a diff store I know all to well. If they are a keeper you can make it work.

I see both sides. Outwardly I think its no surprise that Sag men have lots of friends (male and female) and are well connected - they're go-getters with great personalities who are able to bring together a variety of people. They love social settings. They don't "dabble" in anything like Gemini men who think they're a master of all things - but dive in to projects head first. The two Sag men I've known "well" :giggle: were both self-employed entrepreneurs who have pursued all sorts of business ideas. Love to travel and are not afraid to get up and go alone, knowing they will have no problem meeting people in their destination.

ON THE FLIP SIDE, I think personally, Sags tend to find most people "unfulfilling" - both the brothers I've known have been "loners" - people with TONS of friends, acquaintances and HUGE networks of associates, who find that it's difficult to find and maintain DEEP relationships with people who "get" or "Understand" them. I don't know if that's symptomatic of these individuals or of sag men in general.

I don't know if they're necessarily commitment phobes or just haven't found folks who "get" them to the point where they're ready to take on that level of commitment - cuz again, they don't half a$$ ANYTHING including relationships...

Wow you just described me to a T ....incredible!

I have a sag question.

I was seriously dating one last year. I ended up breaking up with him. When it counted, he was taking me for granted assuming that I should be ok with everything he does or doesn't do, because we will be together forever.

:nono:

For 2 or 3 weeks he pined over me, sending me emails about how great and perfect I am, then one night, he called.

He talked about himself,then kept telling me he missed me, etc, and got mad that I wasn't reciprocating his feelings. ( we were broken up, I had moved on)

His phone had cut, so I called him back, worried that something had happened. No answer. Then the next day, no answer.
He finally writes saying he's disappointed.

I write back saying "faith without works"

3 simple words.

Can I say this man blew up and sent me the NASTIEST, MEANEST email anyone has ever sent/ said to me?

This man, throughout our relationship was mostly sweet. We never argued in a mean way or called each other out of our names, or generally went 'there'

To get this email shocked me!
To top it off, he has deleted me from everything -Facebook, Instagram, all shared apps like what'sapp... Lol.

I am just wondering if this is an angry sag thing, or just a crazy/hurt man thing.

Needless to say, I'm done with sags.

Done.

I have a sag question. I was seriously dating one last year. I ended up breaking up with him. When it counted, he was taking me for granted assuming that I should be ok with everything he does or doesn't do, because we will be together forever. :nono: For 2 or 3 weeks he pined over me, sending me emails about how great and perfect I am, then one night, he called. He talked about himself,then kept telling me he missed me, etc, and got mad that I wasn't reciprocating his feelings. ( we were broken up, I had moved on) His phone had cut, so I called him back, worried that something had happened. No answer. Then the next day, no answer. He finally writes saying he's disappointed. I write back saying "faith without works" 3 simple words. Can I say this man blew up and sent me the NASTIEST, MEANEST email anyone has ever sent/ said to me? This man, throughout our relationship was mostly sweet. We never argued in a mean way or called each other out of our names, or generally went 'there' To get this email shocked me! To top it off, he has deleted me from everything -Facebook, Instagram, all shared apps like what'sapp... Lol. I am just wondering if this is an angry sag thing, or just a crazy/hurt man thing. Needless to say, I'm done with sags. Done.
I wrote previously about my opinion on male Sags. My ex is a Sag, most quietest, unsuspecting seemingly sincere, nice guy until you break up with them. Then you will see the emotionally absent, passive aggressive, nastiest b$&:y attitude in life! I don't know about anyone else's experience, but in my experience, the men hold onto life long grudges, very gossipy and have no problem tearing you down, then turn coward when confronted. They talk about everyone but think of themselves as highly intelligent or better than others. Nothing is ever their fault, even when their ish is falling apart. I was with my ex for almost 9 yrs, few months shy of walking down the isle when I killed the engagement due to the above red flags. You never truly know someone until you see how they handle disappointments. I still have to deal with my ex somewhat because we have a child and he is not above using her to unleash some spiteful ness towards me, good grief.. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention they are perpetual victims and mama boys. I'm a Cap btw, and I think I was too strong for my Sag. Also, the entrepreneurship mentioned above for male Sags must of skipped my ex due to being overly sheltered and major immaturity- had ambition but incapable of execution.

Edited to add: In my experience, male Sags will lie like they breathe; they lie about every and anything! The only way they will stop is if you present the with proof right in front of their faces. They will be ashamed for about 5 min and then lie some more, lol. Can't believe anything that comes out their mouths unless there are witnesses..

Last edited:
Back