Dating a Sagittarius man

My father, a brother, an uncle, and two guys that I've known are Sags. My overall experience:

~ Can't really trust them.
~ Smooth talkers, but their actions and their words tend to not match.
~ They like to blame others for their problems.
~ Tend to get stuck in the past.
~ Ambitious, but more like pipe dreams. They don't spend enough/much time following through.
~ They do settle down at some point and seem faithful (I don't really know if they cheated), despite the fact that other women are attracted to them.
~ There is something about them that is very attractive, until you get to know them. Then it's like a facade.
~ Physically, very masculine men.

Thinking about it, it's kind of odd that I've mostly seen the negative side of Sag men :nono:.

WOW you described my ex-husband of 2 years down to a T:yep:

They DO.NOT. LIKE.TO.BE.CONTROLLED. Resitricted or feel confined. Learn that now and apply that to all areas. If its his dreams or just playling basketball on the weekend with his boys, just roll with it. There IMO is no need to "check" them about where they are going, or who they are with, because they are loyal (if you are committed like that)

Trust, I know I'm a controlling Cap and It's very very very very very very very very very hard for us Cap girls:look::lachen:Because I'm so controlling dh said I should have been a military colonel:lachen:Now this probably applies to all men but I swear they have an extra dose of wanting to rebel against being controlled. I think this is where the Cap/Sag combo does not mix. And the controlling goes to everything like I said.

The ambition thing: Dh has had like three careers in 10 years :lol: And has two busineseses right now, and dreaming of another...something that is totally RANDOM. Sometimes I wanna say STFU :rofl: but I just listen and say "oh ok, that's great". He will just walk in one day and say "I was thinking about sellling our house":look: I'm like uh ok, randomess...where did that come from? or "I was thinking about going to nebraska next week":perplexed:lachen:

But his ambition has always paid off, he's very successful, so I guess it works for him. Me and my responsible Cap self has only had ONE career in 10 years, and couldn't fathom just up and trying something "new". I honestly admire that in dh though:yep:

SO is a Sag. I'm learning to let him do his thing and I agree especially with the bolded. He does not like being controlled. So now I just try to roll with the punches...

Sag sista here and my last honey dip was a Sag also, he is such a great lover...I mean over the top great!! He does has commitment issues and he thinks he knows everything...according to him! He is very responsible and tell it like it is (would make the idea husband and father).....Right now we are trying to maintain a friendship which is easy and hard....easy because he makes me laugh and I call him my logic and I am his emotion...the hard part is that I could have seen me spending my life with him...but because he is not wanting to move forward I had to move on. I have seen Sag men that once committed are in it for the long run.

^^Dh has not changed in 10 years with his spontaneity, now I just ignore it, which is VERY hard for me because I'm a planner. Tuesday he goes "oh I'm going to MA on Friday":look: I'm used to it though--and I find that they are so honest, I don't feel the need to get suspicious and ask a bunch of questions. THEY HATE being questioned because they pride themselves on their integrity.

Now Sags are flirts, they love to flirt and IMO they typically know lots of women, I thnk it's because they are so sociable and alot of women will take their flirty-ness the wrong way--- but they generally don't take it there. When I dated dh, he wasn't hard to committ because he never knew he was in a relationship until we got married:look::lachen:The only way to snag a Sag is to make him think you're buddies, anything like girlfriend/wife sounds too much like a committtment. I know that sounds crazy, so how do you get one to committ?? Let them be free, don't be too quick to say "ok what's going on with us" They balk at that, like "huh?"

bolded, That's funny, how did you do that? I guess you were constantly dating and making plans with him. who proposed?

I'm a Capricorn and dated a Sagittarius man for ~ four years.

He was very social, an alpha-male type and extremely intelligent. He could hold a conversation with anyone and he was comfortable in his own skin - confident no matter the place/crowd.

He was talkative. So much so that I sometimes thought I would lose it, but it was good in a way because he was very expressive about his feelings. He always wrote me poems and sent me sweet emails throughout the day. However, he would also let you know if you needed to tone-up or do a couple of squats for that backside. :look:

He was affectionate, sweet and he was definitely a provider.:yep: He made sure that I had what I needed/wanted. He was also quick to commit and very serious about the relationship from the start.

Downside: He could come off as clingy. He didn't take work or school seriously at first. He needed some nudging to be responsible, but once he got the message he never blew of his responsibilities.

ETA: He was family oriented. He would call my Mom and sisters just to talk and my little brother liked him. He also bought gifts for everyone when x-mas rolled around.

I'm a Capricorn and dated a Sagittarius man for ~ four years.

He was very social, an alpha-male type and extremely intelligent. He could hold a conversation with anyone and he was comfortable in his own skin - confident no matter the place/crowd.

He was talkative. So much so that I sometimes thought I would lose it, but it was good in a way because he was very expressive about his feelings. He always wrote me poems and sent me sweet emails throughout the day. However, he would also let you know if you needed to tone-up or do a couple of squats for that backside. :look:

He was affectionate, sweet and he was definitely a provider.:yep: He made sure that I had what I needed/wanted. He was also quick to commit and very serious about the relationship from the start.

Downside: He could come off as clingy. He didn't take work or school seriously at first. He needed some nudging to be responsible, but once he got the message he never blew of his responsibilities.

ETA: He was family oriented. He would call my Mom and sisters just to talk and my little brother liked him. He also bought gifts for everyone when x-mas rolled around.

Sounds like my dh, he's very affectionate and I'm not. I think part of that was a challenge to him (another thing Sag men seem to like).

I'm a Cap and my dh is a Sag. Apparently we aren't comically linked because of caps being so serious and Sags tending to be sort of un-scheduled and dreamy.

bolded, That's funny, how did you do that? I guess you were constantly dating and making plans with him. who proposed?

Actually no, I made him chase me.

I'm pretty icey when dating, guys called me the ice princess. Looking back, I dated like men do. I think where women go wrong is they give up their feelings, affections and heart too soon and it gives a man little to work for. Dh being a Sag--remember they are competitive masculine men that like a challenge) So I was like always like :rolleyes: towards him, it wasn't something I did on purpose, it's just me. I think because they are such the outgoing alpha male EVERYONE loves them and they are VERY charming---he was like "why isn't she falling all over me":rolleyes::lol:

He had dated a sting of women, had alot of female friends but I was always unavailable for him meaning, he was so sporadic and random, I made it clear early, "umm if you want to take me on date, you must ask in advance" because I can excercise other options:look: :lol: Sags like to do things all spontaneously.

Actually no, I made him chase me.

I'm pretty icey when dating, guys called me the ice princess. Looking back, I dated like men do. I think where women go wrong is they give up their feelings, affections and heart too soon and it gives a man little to work for. Dh being a Sag--remember they are competitive masculine men that like a challenge) So I was like always like :rolleyes: towards him, it wasn't something I did on purpose, it's just me. I think because they are such the outgoing alpha male EVERYONE loves them and they are VERY charming---he was like "why isn't she falling all over me":rolleyes::lol:

He had dated a sting of women, had alot of female friends but I was always unavailable for him meaning, he was so sporadic and random, I made it clear early, "umm if you want to take me on date, you must ask in advance" because I can excercise other options:look: :lol: Sags like to do things all spontaneously.

So what do you do now to keep him on his toes?

So what do you do now to keep him on his toes?

I think once Sags are committed, they just are. They are VERY LOYAL. There is not much I have to do to keep him on his toes realy, other than not smothering him. They do like fit women, they like to be active, free so I just encourage that and go along with the flow. He likes to take trips, so we take little weekend getaways. He's all over the place all the time, but I don't sweat it, I don't check him.

I love Sags, very adventurous, giving, down to earth, and attentive........but they ARE whores, and their eyes wonder easily

Interesting. Some say Libras are whores with wandering eyes as well. :look:

^^Dh has not changed in 10 years with his spontaneity, now I just ignore it, which is VERY hard for me because I'm a planner. Tuesday he goes "oh I'm going to MA on Friday":look: I'm used to it though--and I find that they are so honest, I don't feel the need to get suspicious and ask a bunch of questions. THEY HATE being questioned because they pride themselves on their integrity.

Now Sags are flirts, they love to flirt and IMO they typically know lots of women, I thnk it's because they are so sociable and alot of women will take their flirty-ness the wrong way--- but they generally don't take it there. When I dated dh, he wasn't hard to committ because he never knew he was in a relationship until we got married:look::lachen:The only way to snag a Sag is to make him think you're buddies, anything like girlfriend/wife sounds too much like a committtment. I know that sounds crazy, so how do you get one to committ?? Let them be free, don't be too quick to say "ok what's going on with us" They balk at that, like "huh?"

Gotcha. We've been buddies for almost 10 years now. Strictly platonic, talk on the phone all the time, weekend visits (he lives out of state). Well, I might have slipped and fell on his **** last time I saw him. :look:

I've kept his attention thus far, so I'm gonna continue to do what I've been doing. This is a recent development, but I'm taking the approach of letting him know that I fully intend on getting married/having kids within the next few years so if he wants me, he needs to go ahead and lock me down/put a ring on it :look: or else he's gonna miss his chance.

I do notice that he is sociable with a lot of people. And that doesn't really bother me because I'm the same way. I'm flirty as well, so I guess that's why we intrigue each other. :look: This may end up working in my favor actually. :look:

Sounds like my dh, he's very affectionate and I'm not. I think part of that was a challenge to him (another thing Sag men seem to like).

I'm a Cap and my dh is a Sag. Apparently we aren't comically linked because of caps being so serious and Sags tending to be sort of un-scheduled and dreamy.

LOL. I've noticed that too.

My father, a brother, an uncle, and two guys that I've known are Sags. My overall experience:

~ Can't really trust them.
~ Smooth talkers, but their actions and their words tend to not match.
~ They like to blame others for their problems.
~ Tend to get stuck in the past.
~ Ambitious, but more like pipe dreams. They don't spend enough/much time following through.
~ They do settle down at some point and seem faithful (I don't really know if they cheated), despite the fact that other women are attracted to them.
~ There is something about them that is very attractive, until you get to know them. Then it's like a facade.
~ Physically, very masculine men.

Thinking about it, it's kind of odd that I've mostly seen the negative side of Sag men :nono:.

GIrl, you just described my ex friend. :nono:

I think once Sags are committed, they just are. They are VERY LOYAL. There is not much I have to do to keep him on his toes realy, other than not smothering him. They do like fit women, they like to be active, free so I just encourage that and go along with the flow. He likes to take trips, so we take little weekend getaways. He's all over the place all the time, but I don't sweat it, I don't check him.

Yes I know this too. He's quick to point out the rolls I've gained in the past 6 months :perplexed :look:

K, thanks Zay :)

Yes I know this too. He's quick to point out the rolls I've gained in the past 6 months :perplexed :look:

K, thanks Zay :)

Dh will be like "back up off the cupcakes" 10 years ago I would have thought he was being mean--now I know it's just his way of saying something, they're blunt but don't at all think they are hurting someone's feelings.

DH is very active, very fit, works out, likes outdoor activities, they are very masculine men. I learned quick that they like fit and active women:yep:

Gotcha. We've been buddies for almost 10 years now. Strictly platonic, talk on the phone all the time, weekend visits (he lives out of state). Well, I might have slipped and fell on his **** last time I saw him. :look:

I've kept his attention thus far, so I'm gonna continue to do what I've been doing. This is a recent development, but I'm taking the approach of letting him know that I fully intend on getting married/having kids within the next few years so if he wants me, he needs to go ahead and lock me down/put a ring on it :look: or else he's gonna miss his chance.

I do notice that he is sociable with a lot of people. And that doesn't really bother me because I'm the same way. I'm flirty as well, so I guess that's why we intrigue each other. :look: This may end up working in my favor actually. :look:

I don't think you should;
And how many times have you "tripped"/"slipped" :lol:

Really? The ones that liked me seemed stalkerish :perplexed lol

They are :look:
That's right, you're a Virgo too huh?

:lachen::lachen:@ slipped on it.

My dh is very sociable, he's flirty but so am I, so I guess he likes that we're both flirty but yet not jealous, and again, he's pretty honest, so I'm always just like whatever about flirting. I think they are hard to committ but will make their minds up pretty quickly when they find what they want, so if you want to pursue him, I wouldn't beat around the bush

This thread is just soooooooo TRUE about these Sag men it isn't even funny. The good, the bad and the ugly...It is just soooooo TRUE!!!

Yepk I think you're my virgo twin in thinking. Come on over to the Sag side :grin:

I can't stand needy guys, I need my space! (Even though I do get needy sometimes :look:)

Exactly; we're twins :grin:
And I had a Sag back in the day. He's still one of the coolest dudes I know, but we were off romantically.

And my SO is an Aries, but on the Pisces cusp. He's kinda spoiled, but I am too :lol: So we kinda take turns babying each other. And we're both touchy feely; I love that ish. :yep: The thing is, both of us still need our space and I think we each give the other enough so we can tap into the neediness at the end of the day lol. Cause if I have people all up in my face for too long, I go off...for no reason. :nono:

Exactly; we're twins :grin:
And I had a Sag back in the day. He's still one of the coolest dudes I know, but we were off romantically.

And my SO is an Aries, but on the Pisces cusp. He's kinda spoiled, but I am too :lol: So we kinda take turns babying each other. And we're both touchy feely; I love that ish. :yep: The thing is, both of us still need our space and I think we each give the other enough so we can tap into the neediness at the end of the day lol. Cause if I have people all up in my face for too long, I go off...for no reason. :nono:

Same here, if I see someone all the time, I end up despising them :ohwell:

:lachen::lachen:@ slipped on it.

My dh is very sociable, he's flirty but so am I, so I guess he likes that we're both flirty but yet not jealous, and again, he's pretty honest, so I'm always just like whatever about flirting. I think they are hard to committ but will make their minds up pretty quickly when they find what they want, so if you want to pursue him, I wouldn't beat around the bush

Yes, that is true also. I was like "who this man think he is :rolleyes:" when he was pursing me. I guess I also did the "ice queen" thing to him because I really wasn't interested at first :look:. I think that's what made him fascinated. I even told him to stop texting me and calling me all the time because it was getting annoying :look:

Thanks for answering my questions! :hugxplode: :look: :lachen:

I'mma hit you up on the PM if I have more :grin:

By the way, where's that relationship book you were suppose to write? :spinning:

Ahh....yes folks have been asking me to start a relationship blog, I might. If I do, i will let ya know.

I don't think you should;
And how many times have you "tripped"/"slipped" :lol:

Don't think I should what? Cuz my position is absolutely true to where I am right now. If he ain't wit the program, then I'm moving onto the next. I'm not wasting time on some dude who can't make up his mind whether he's committing or not. Next. :rolleyes:

I think that the odds are in my favor from keeping him interested for so long. He was still interested in me when I was dating other dudes, I *finally* come around to liking dude, and he doesn't jump on the chance? If he doesn't, he's a g-damn fool. :look: IMO, I'm not losing anything by taking this approach since I will be getting what I want: marriage, kids, family. Just maybe not with him. And I'm fine with that too.

And I only tripped/slipped once. But I haven't seen him again since the initial "accident" either (long story behind that) - but that explains why it was only once. :look:

Last edited:
Yeah my Sag is very outgoing and a people person. Very spontaneous, always on the go, always has 50 billion projects going on at one time. He drives me crazy with his randomness!!!

My Hubby is a sag.........and They are what she said.

But - I am a sag too :)

Back