Dating a Sagittarius man

sunshinebeautiful

OK, we've covered almost all of the other signs, so let's get it started with the Sags....

I have a new "friend" and I'm curious as to what other people's experiences are like.

I'm a Libra so if anyone has any info on the Libra-Sag connection, let a sistah know.

sag men are a lot of fun! i really enjoy being around them. it's hard to get these men to committ though. they tend to like adventure/travel and are typically not home bodies (not the ones i've met). very sociable, usually have a lot of friends or gets along well with most people. one of the most likable signs in my opinion. my big prob with sags is that sometimes they don't know how to be serious, sometimes they just play too much. but you def won't be bored.

My brother is a sag - married to a libra for 28 years. My ex husband is a sag, and so am i. Adventurous, outgoing, honest to a fault, so we hurt feelings but not on purpose. Sometimes we can really have problems committing to one person. Especially the men.

Dh is a Sag, he is fun to be around but he is a very serious person. I find Sags to be almost overly responsible to a fault and want to help everyone. I do agree that they are likable but sometimes can be brutally honest. I'm curious what others have to say about Sag men.

Yeah my Sag is very outgoing and a people person. Very spontaneous, always on the go, always has 50 billion projects going on at one time. He drives me crazy with his randomness!!!

Yes, the men are more serious than the women - and my ex husband thinks he has to take care of all the women in his family. We had issues but he is still my best friend, and will do anything for me. If i were attracted to him sexually, we'd still be together. My brother is extremely devoted to his wife and puts her on a pedestal.

Yes, the men are more serious than the women - and my ex husband thinks he has to take care of all the women in his family. We had issues but he is still my best friend, and will do anything for me. If i were attracted to him sexually, we'd still be together. My brother is extremely devoted to his wife and puts her on a pedestal.

This is what I have seen.

My brother is a sag - married to a libra for 28 years. My ex husband is a sag, and so am i. Adventurous, outgoing, honest to a fault, so we hurt feelings but not on purpose. Sometimes we can really have problems committing to one person. Especially the men.

Really....? This is good :yep:.

Every Sag guy I've met has always said to me, "You know what? I like you." And I like their honesty. :yep:

BUT what's up with the commitment issues? :perplexed

I've known my Sag manfriend for well over 10 years now. He's been trying to get with me since undergrad - and I'm thinking about finally letting him have me :look: so the commitment issues are worrisome to me. Although if I've kept his attention this long, maybe I don't have anything to worry about. *thinking out loud here*

I'm trying to figure this out. Is it like relationship ADD - where Sags just like variety and don't wanna settle down or what?

Every Sag guy I've met has always said to me, "You know what? I like you." And I like their honesty. :yep:

BUT what's up with the commitment issues? :perplexed

I've known my Sag manfriend for well over 10 years now. He's been trying to get with me since undergrad - and I'm thinking about finally letting him have me :look: so the commitment issues are worrisome to me.

I'm trying to figure this out. Is is like relationship ADD - where Sags just like variety and don't wanna settle down or what?

just don't want to settle down. very restless people. i think once you get one to love you though they always will. you just gotta get to that point.

Yeah my Sag is very outgoing and a people person. Very spontaneous, always on the go, always has 50 billion projects going on at one time. He drives me crazy with his randomness!!!

Girl, me too. He called me up the other day and casually mentioned that he was thinking about coming to visit me this weekend. So I'm all geeked up, and I'm like, dude, have you made flight arrangements? I need to know right now if you're definitely coming or not.

He seems to have the attitude like he can just wake up in the morning and catch a plane across the country. Well, he can if he's gonna drop an exorbitant amount of money on a ticket.

And he's always been like that. Call me up to say: "What are you doing this weekend? I might make a drive over there." I'm like you make 10 hour drives at the drop of the hat? :perplexed

just don't want to settle down. very restless people. i think once you get one to love you though they always will. you just gotta get to that point.

This is so true. Sags seem to be on the move constantly, have bright personalities, they can be attentive if you're able to hold their attention long enough, sexual appetite out of this world, family oriented (at least the ones I know)...I can't think of anything else right now. I like them even though we aren't suppose to mesh well (I'm a Cancer). They always end up coming my way. :look:

I got the serious sag. (and the homebody sag)
Yes, he put me on a pedestal, i enjoyed that,
and funnily enough, he wanted to commit,
but i couldn't deal with him being in a million places at once, trying to be a million things to all of his family members.
He just had no time for me. (which is cool, cuz i had to cut him loose)
that was the sad part though, he couldn't understand why i wouldn't wait around for a piece of him, he thought that should be enough for me.....

Dh is a Sag, he is fun to be around but he is a very serious person. I find Sags to be almost overly responsible to a fault and want to help everyone. I do agree that they are likable but sometimes can be brutally honest. I'm curious what others have to say about Sag men.

My first love is a sag. This is him 100%. :yep:

This is so true. Sags seem to be on the move constantly, have bright personalities, they can be attentive if you're able to hold their attention long enough, sexual appetite out of this world, family oriented (at least the ones I know)...I can't think of anything else right now. I like them even though we aren't suppose to mesh well (I'm a Cancer). They always end up coming my way. :look:

This is an accurate description too.

OMG...girl RUN...just kidding..:look:

I attract Sags like it's nothing...the reason being is that they don't like committment and I'm scared of committment so we made a good pair :ohwell:.

They LOVE challenge and they don't like to feel trapped. Good luck. :look:

but i couldn't deal with him being in a million places at once, trying to be a million things to all of his family members.
that was the sad part though, he couldn't understand why i wouldn't wait around for a piece of him, he thought that should be enough for me.....

wow! sounds just like a sag i dated.

See, yeah, that is NOT going down. :nono:

I can agree on alot of the stuff you all are saying LOL because I'm a Sagittarius. I used to be more outgoing than I am now though. My mouth gets me in trouble. I have a commitment phobia though when Im in a relationship I stay faithful and Im about one person. I'm very laidback and easy going for the most part but don't get on my bad side. Im very spur of the moment and I know that I could never date a Sag EVER. We just would not mesh and would constantly butt heads. My co-worker/cubicle partner is a Sag and we clash all the time and I notice the same traits in myself in him. So if I can clash with an officemate I know a intimate would drive me CRAZY.

OMG...girl RUN...just kidding..:look:

I attract Sags like it's nothing...the reason being is that they don't like committment and I'm scared of committment so we made a good pair :ohwell:.

They LOVE challenge and they don't like to feel trapped. Good luck. :look:

And to this you speak the truth! :look:

I see both sides. Outwardly I think its no surprise that Sag men have lots of friends (male and female) and are well connected - they're go-getters with great personalities who are able to bring together a variety of people. They love social settings. They don't "dabble" in anything like Gemini men who think they're a master of all things - but dive in to projects head first. The two Sag men I've known "well" :giggle: were both self-employed entrepreneurs who have pursued all sorts of business ideas. Love to travel and are not afraid to get up and go alone, knowing they will have no problem meeting people in their destination.

ON THE FLIP SIDE, I think personally, Sags tend to find most people "unfulfilling" - both the brothers I've known have been "loners" - people with TONS of friends, acquaintances and HUGE networks of associates, who find that it's difficult to find and maintain DEEP relationships with people who "get" or "Understand" them. I don't know if that's symptomatic of these individuals or of sag men in general.

I don't know if they're necessarily commitment phobes or just haven't found folks who "get" them to the point where they're ready to take on that level of commitment - cuz again, they don't half a$$ ANYTHING including relationships...

I see both sides. Outwardly I think its no surprise that Sag men have lots of friends (male and female) and are well connected - they're go-getters with great personalities who are able to bring together a variety of people. They love social settings.

ON THE FLIP SIDE, I think personally, Sags tend to find most people "unfulfilling" - both the brothers I've known have been "loners" - people with TONS of friends, acquaintances and HUGE networks of associates, who find that it's difficult to find and maintain DEEP relationships with people who "get" or "Understand" them. I don't know if that's symptomatic of these individuals or of sag men in general.

I don't know if they're necessarily commitment phobes or just haven't found folks who "get" them to the point where they're ready to take on that level of commitment - cuz again, they don't half a$$ ANYTHING including relationships...

This is the TRUTH!!!
I think because i'm a pisces, I can adapt to many people, more or less, and I'm a loner too.. I have tons of friends, but i like lots of my alone time, So he thought we were perfect. Plus i didn't pressure him too hard for anything,and kept things surprising...

But, while i was considering and adapting to his needs, he was considering his needs too, lol, when he should've been checking in on me to see if I liked what was going on... (he just assumed our relationship was perfect. :nono:wrong buddy)

All in all, I would date a SAG again.
I'm going to say, from my experience, wonderful, driven, ambitious people....
but, at this point in my life, i refuse to settle.

This is the TRUTH!!!
I think because i'm a pisces, I can adapt to many people, more or less, and I'm a loner too.. I have tons of friends, but i like lots of my alone time, So he thought we were perfect. Plus i didn't pressure him too hard for anything,and kept things surprising...

But, while i was considering and adapting to his needs, he was considering his needs too, lol, when he should've been checking in on me to see if I liked what was going on... (he just assumed our relationship was perfect. :nono:wrong buddy)

All in all, I would date a SAG again.
I'm going to say, from my experience, wonderful, driven, ambitious people....
but, at this point in my life, i refuse to settle.

You and I are >>>>>>>>here<<<<<<<<<< ...probably because I'm also a Pisces!! :grin::grin:

I think the major difference between them and us (Pisces) is that we're emotionally driven - dreamer nature - whereas they are more "goal" or "results" driven. We want to see if its possible, they want to see/experience the end result...

Both Sags I knew were initially drawn to the fact that I wasn't worried about "labels" and expectations that are typically associated with "dating" - but as a result, eventually got lazy with it thinking that what worked in the beginning would always work.

...nah homey.

Last edited:
'dated' lol, guess you didn't stick around either...

nope! he was too much for me! always had a lot going on and wanted me to just get in where i fit in. that's not my style. we tried a couple of times but i can't be with someone that makes my blood boil all the time, too much drama (but it was a little fun i must admit).

I'm close to a Sag guy and we get along well for the most part. He can be quite blunt at times and doesn't realize when he says mean things. But if I point it out..he is very apologetic. I think they are caring and I agree with the hard to commit part as well.

Back