Dating a bestfriend's Ex?

No way, no how. Not judging anyone but that is not my steelo. Q

Unless her ex is Vince Carter cuz I lub him!!! :lol:

I don't do friends or family!:nono: I feel like my game is so tight till I can easily go out and find me a man. I also don't like other people leftovers or something they sampled especially close friends and family.A lot of women think that every man is within limits to them even if its their close associates. So sad but to each he/her own. I would never disrespect the game like that. My own cousin had the nerves to sleep with her own sister's ex who was once pregnant by the guy and all. How dreadful and Boopish!!!!:angry2: I recognize that we are different but dang talk about no respect or morals in my honest opinion. :::shrugs:::

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

What about this scenario?

I'm in a situation now where I really liked a guy friend from the beginning, but also so did an "acquaintance" of mine. Anytime people would ask her if she liked him however, she'd always deny it. So, I (silly me) really thought that she was telling the truth, and she didn't really like him like that. It wasn't until later on down the road did I find out that we basically both like/liked him at the same time, but didn't really tell anyone.

Well, now that it's out in the open that she likes him, and he's interested in her, they're more cool. The problem though, is that before she and him got super close on a "more than friends" level (they were always friends), what she doesn't know is that a while back I too was making my interest known to him in subtle ways, and he and I had a "thing" too. But this was all when I didn't think that she liked him! :(

So now days, I get the impression that although he's interested in her, he's still also somewhat interested in me. It's very confusing! They're not really dating (yet I suppose), but you can imagine the torment and torture I've had to endure!! :nono: It's not a crime to like someone is it? I feel torn because of my feelings, but I don't feel like I should have to be tormented when it's just feelings...it's not like I'm trying to plot and plan ways to steal him away or whatever. :nono: In fact, he's usually the one initiating things with me! Why is it that guys don't mind dating the girl friend of an ex, but women have a hard time with it? :confused:

I have slowly tried getting over him, but I still I feel like I'm hiding a big secret :sekret: , and wondering what would happen if she (or anyone else close to her) ever found out how I REALLY felt about him. This girl isn't even a true "friend" to me, but she's someone I have to see all the time. And lately (I don't know if she suspects or something) she's been trying to be extra friendly and inviting me out places, when before she wouldn't care two cents! You know the saying: "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"? Obviously, I wouldn't even think twice about a guy that my BEST friend or close friend were even interested in, (let alone dated!), but this girl is not a close friend, nor is she someone that I spend time with all the time these days. I just see her on a regular basis.

I feel like I'm going crazy! :dizzy: I don't know what to do! I've been holding this in for about 2 years. :( :cry3: :cry4:

My bestfriend dated ( and ended up marrying ) my ex. She did ask permission, i didn't feel right saying no. Even though he was a bum, I couldn't help but feel jealous when they got deep in their relationship and ended up getting married. (I would never tell her) Its been 3 years now and me and her are still best friend. I am secretly jealous sometimes.

My bestfriend dated ( and ended up marrying ) my ex. She did ask permission, i didn't feel right saying no. Even though he was a bum, I couldn't help but feel jealous when they got deep in their relationship and ended up getting married. (I would never tell her) Its been 3 years now and me and her are still best friend. I am secretly jealous sometimes.
Wow this one is really deep!

I think it was me, I would have said something once I seen them getting closer in the beginning!

Did it with no problem. She had not feelings for him. I ask her and told I wouldn't if it would make her feel uncomfortable. He has come and gone and we are still BFF's. Before I dated her ex she dated mine for about 4 years. No problems I had no feeling for that guy at all. All of us are still brings we just don't date any more.

yes...i will if he`s my soulmate....:grin:..who knows..maybe i was meant to meet him tru my bf!!
definatly will be really weired at first, cos alot of ppl say boyf come and go but bf r forvever..but mehn ..MY SOULMATE?!!!!....will av to pass on dat saying..:rolleyes:

What about this scenario?

I'm in a situation now where I really liked a guy friend from the beginning, but also so did an "acquaintance" of mine. Anytime people would ask her if she liked him however, she'd always deny it. So, I (silly me) really thought that she was telling the truth, and she didn't really like him like that. It wasn't until later on down the road did I find out that we basically both like/liked him at the same time, but didn't really tell anyone.

Well, now that it's out in the open that she likes him, and he's interested in her, they're more cool. The problem though, is that before she and him got super close on a "more than friends" level (they were always friends), what she doesn't know is that a while back I too was making my interest known to him in subtle ways, and he and I had a "thing" too. But this was all when I didn't think that she liked him! :(

So now days, I get the impression that although he's interested in her, he's still also somewhat interested in me. It's very confusing! They're not really dating (yet I suppose), but you can imagine the torment and torture I've had to endure!! :nono: It's not a crime to like someone is it? I feel torn because of my feelings, but I don't feel like I should have to be tormented when it's just feelings...it's not like I'm trying to plot and plan ways to steal him away or whatever. :nono: In fact, he's usually the one initiating things with me! Why is it that guys don't mind dating the girl friend of an ex, but women have a hard time with it? :confused:

I have slowly tried getting over him, but I still I feel like I'm hiding a big secret :sekret: , and wondering what would happen if she (or anyone else close to her) ever found out how I REALLY felt about him. This girl isn't even a true "friend" to me, but she's someone I have to see all the time. And lately (I don't know if she suspects or something) she's been trying to be extra friendly and inviting me out places, when before she wouldn't care two cents! You know the saying: "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"? Obviously, I wouldn't even think twice about a guy that my BEST friend or close friend were even interested in, (let alone dated!), but this girl is not a close friend, nor is she someone that I spend time with all the time these days. I just see her on a regular basis.

I feel like I'm going crazy! :dizzy: I don't know what to do! I've been holding this in for about 2 years. :( :cry3: :cry4:

(((HUGS))) This is a sad story. I'm sorry you've been going through this.

I'd never date my best friend's ex and she would never date mine. My best friend is almost like a sister or godsister so we consider that to be nasty as well as triflin. We don't date each other's exes and we sure don't touch the ones we were in love with, loved, or even liked a whole lot...You can't touch or shouldn't touch any of them but we each have that one that we'd lose it over :wallbash: :angry2: :bat: :brucelee: :210: :pullhair: :pyro:
:gunner7: :gunner7: :samurai: :swearing:
if we found out about it. If one of us ever crossed that line, we would never be best friends again in the way that we are, or the relationship would drastically change if we were to remain "friends." And this goes for my other close friends too.

"Obviously, I wouldn't even think twice about a guy that my BEST friend or close friend were even interested in, (let alone dated!), but this girl is not a close friend, nor is she someone that I spend time with all the time these days. I just see her on a regular basis."

Sorry, just read this.... well in that case-- if you don't consider her a friend, then go get him. No risk, no reward. Tell him how you feel. Either it's mutual or it aint. If he doesn't want you or he wants to play some kind of string-2-along game, just move on. Someone better will come.

Last edited:
Back