Daily Washing: The Secret to long hair?

weird.gif
this is great. 2 months of doing the daily rinsing and I'm getting really good results!

My hair is definately more manageable and my scalp feels so stimulated everytime I step out...thats gotta be good. New growth-faster and softer.

I'm definately going to keep this up, even with the winter chills.

I remember about 4 years ago, I did it and my length almost doubled!

I don't know why I stopped doing it.

way to go alma
party.gif
, and everyone eles who is having success
clap.gif
, I stopped for a while but plan to start back up,I dont see less hair coming out, when it is time to redo my hair, I have only seen that with MSM, I dont know if it is the CW or hard water that makes my hair feel strange
crazy.gif
, but I do love geting it wet, if it keeps raining here, I going to collect some rain water, and wet wet wet my hair
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
-sooo much more easyer then dealing with hard water
laugh.gif

Hmmm, so if i get a spray bottle add in some water along w/some Virgin pure olive oil(or would Hot 6 Oil do better) and spray it in my hair everyday, not to get it soaking wet cause i want these curls in my head to hold, that would good enough and help me w/growth? Cause im thinkin of tryin that.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, so if i get a spray bottle add in some water along w/some Virgin pure olive oil(or would Hot 6 Oil do better) and spray it in my hair everyday, not to get it soaking wet cause i want these curls in my head to hold, that would good enough and help me w/growth? Cause im thinkin of tryin that.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do except I use other oils (jojoba, coconut, olive, peppermint) and I have seperate bottles for the water and oils. Oh and I love being able to smell the peppermint when I'm in the bed
lick.gif

Are people only doing this on loose hair? How about twisting the hair then rinsing...
confused.gif
but I would think the conditioner would build up between the twists.

I'm thinking about doing the daily rinsing but with flat twists/rods I don't think it'll work. Maybe I'll just stick to the daily spritzing with water and oil...I could do that every night when I rod the hair.

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

does it work as well by using a spray bottle?
drunk.gif

Well when i spray it it gets my hair moisture that last more than the other stuff. I'm still early in using this technique so maybe by end of this month i can let you know moreso. I could do a rinsing everyday , just about, just that i'd need time like 2-4 hours to have it dried enough and then finger comb it out in my style.

Hey every1 this post started back in April, has anyone stayed with it this long, and how are things going I have been on and off, and still dont have a real regime
frown.gif
, but I do enjoy the DW, Best of luck

I just started a week ago. My hair is noticeably stronger and so much bouncier, but it is too soon to tell about growth.

I wash mine 3 times a week. I used to only wash it once a week. My Mom says 3 times a week is too much. But she only gets hers washed twice a month!!!! And only if she goes to the beauty shop. Her hair is thin and breaks off on the VERY rare occasions when she washes it herself. Mine is long, healthy, and I have very little breakage. We just had a friendly argument about this subject. Plus, she thinks I take way too much advice from this board because since I started coming here, I have been doing alot of things for my hair that I did not do before. Like washing more often,hot oiling, protein conditioning,etc...These are things that my "beautician" NEVER discussed with me.

That's how my mom is too. Last night my sister washed her hair, and my mom was like, 'are you going to press it now?' And my sis said no, I'm going to give it a break from the heat and she said, 'Ok, but heat is not bad if you use it sometimes (looking at me). And my sister said, well I'm just greasing it and putting it in a ponytail. She said, ok just don't be wetting it. "I know, I'm not" (looking at me and snickering). Then pointedly she said "Water is not good for the hair, just oil"
whyme.gif

I've given up trying to help them, now I just wish they would stop commenting on what I do with my hair...Especially since IM the right one here, but oh well
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
What about the people growing out shorter hair? What do you do after daily wetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I moisturize my hair with a combination of leave-in and oil and then I comb with a wide tooth comb and then I apply my own "serum", oil and glycerine mixed- Comb again with a fine tooth comb and then add alcohol free gel or aloe vera gel for added moisture and to hold the style.

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
What about the people growing out shorter hair? What do you do after daily wetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use 911 Leave In Conditioner and Aura Elixir. I then apply some of Carol's Daughter Ecstasy Jelly to make my hair shine and smell good. My hair is fairly thick...in fact much thicker than I ever imagined. I love my daily washing...especially since my skin is so sensitive.

I've been washing my hair everyday (sometimes every other day). I can't stand waiting more than 1 extra day to wash it! It's been really growing much faster. I just spritz conditioner on it and braid on both sides. Then I put on my Instant Weave. It's great. I don't fuss with it, I just put any oil on it while it's damp, braid it, and put on the instant weave. I reached my first goal length, but I need a trim.
Good luck.
smile.gif

I felt I didn't have enough newgrowth in the front of my hair when it was time for my next
relaxer so I didn't relax the front.
I have been doing daily washing and my hair started growing
faster and I am loving it.

who is washing their hair everyday, with poo and/or cond, and who is just wetting their hair, I have tried cond and wetting it in the shower daily, but it does not stay wet, my hair seems to dry fast

I am currently doing nightly conditioner washes. Next week I will start shampooing twice a week because of my water aerobics class.

[ QUOTE ]
Tiffanyvip said:
I don't have that kind of time on my hands on a daily basis

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not Tiffany, it doesn't really require too much additional time. I just wet my hair each night when I take a shower and put a little conditioner in. When I'm done with my shower I put some leave in and slick back into a ponytail using my hands and tie with a silk scarf. That's it. I don't do it all the time now, maybe 4 times a week, because it's cold. Back in August I had to cut 4in off due to damage from a blowdryer and this is what I did. I used no heat and kept my hair in a bun. By my next relaxer in december, I had gained all 4in back. It's worth a shot
smile.gif

That's amazing Armyqt - it's so great to gain back inches and be able to keep them all. I'm aiming for the same thing!

Back