Curlygirl Challenge

pls add me to the list, i have big shrinkage goals. and i wont stop till i reach mid back or waist length unstretched. :)

currently dec 4 2007: my hair is all one length at shoulder length unstretched including my bangs.

hope to be somewhere close to underarm with shrinkage by end of 2008.

Hi silvergirl, :wave:
welcome to the curlygirl bka shrinkage support group. you've read the rules straight length doesn't count, there's hardly any except for only curly length counts and if your hair's wet/damp, conditioner, in the pics you must say so and check-in whenever you want 6 months is the guideline but you can give it more time. BTW luv your curls.

Last edited:
OK I did a mini-update, I didn't straighten and am doing back to back braided weave. I did seem to get alot of new growth cause I couldn't keep the weave down anymore-ugh. Well the length still looks the same to me, but I think the front is trying to catch up to the back now but the back is still APL the front is passed shoulder length/almost APL. The interesting thing is when I first took it out of the braids I had a wonderful braidout which reached BSL in the back-woohoo, but since it needed washing I didn't take a pic. If you ladies don't mind seeing dirty hair maybe I'll take a pic next time I take them down.

Last edited:
I would like to join too! I'm lovin the idea of a "shrinkage support group" :yep: since I definitely need to pay attention to the length of my curls. My first goal is shoulder length unstretched and my final goal is to have armpit length unstretched. In 6 months, will be nappiversary and I will post some comparison pics.

I would like to join too! I'm lovin the idea of a "shrinkage support group" :yep: since I definitely need to pay attention to the length of my curls. My first goal is shoulder length unstretched and my final goal is to have armpit length unstretched. In 6 months, will be nappiversary and I will post some comparison pics.

Hi welcome don't forget to post your start length?

I would like to join, My hair is currently a short curly shag (BAA) unstretched. I would like to reach chin length.

Short term goal: ponytail length

Long term goal: (front) chin length; (back) neck length

Last edited:
I want to join. I just cut about 3 inches off so now unstretched I am chin length in the front and neck in the back. I am aiming for neck length in the front and shoulder in the back by June 1st.

I think it's possible, remember Midnitecurls everyone...[/quote]

OK...THAT...is my ultimate goal....I want my hair to be just like that...I just went natural...(got tired of relaxed ends..so chopped them off).. I had a Stella moment.. so my hair is like at my nape now un-strected..(darn you shrinkage)

SHORT TERM GOAL: neck/shoulders

LONG TERM GOAL: APL

No pics to show but my hair is creeping slowly but surely Its about chin length in the back with shrinkage and bottom of ear length on the sides:yep: It was all ear length in July.

ETA I forgot that my siggy pic shows my legnth lol. So thats exactly where I am sans the head band pushing it about half an inch up or so.

Last edited:
Hi there! :hiya2: I am new to this site but definitely would like to join this challenge if it's still on.

Once I figure out how to add pics I will post my progress.

Currently: SL (unstretched)
ST Goal: APL
LT Goal: BSL

Brastrapmaybe 049.JPG

Only pic I could find at the moment
Stretched and unstretched (well...its a little shorter than pictured) length.

Short Term Goal: Full shoulder length
Long Term Goal: Full APL

Count me in too! Are there any rules? My starting point is below:

CopyofUpload005-vi.jpg

I am almost two-years natural and I hope to see my nappies grazing my shoulder by this time next year!! :grin:

Last edited:
Ohh I want to play!
Right Now my curls are at about chin length unstretched. My Short term goal is to have them be at SL unstretched and my longterm goal is APL unstretched! :spinning:

I've officially given up on this now. Sorry!

Reasons:
1) Due to some medication in '07, I lost of a lot of hair, and now that it's thinner, there is less weight to weigh it down, so looks shorter.
2) After that, I stopped caring about my hair and got a lot of breakage because of the bleaching and never deep conditioning.
3) Had a horrible 'trim' last summer :lol:
4) My hair seems to had morphed from 'mostly 3b with some 3c' to 'mostly 'mostly 3c with some 3b' so has even more shrinkage now and looks even shorter than when I started.

Last edited:
welcome new challengers.
rainbowcurls sorry to hear about your hair trobles but you can come back from it beleive me you can dont give up on your hair just let it come back in its own time. you know irrisistable suffered hair loose and her hair came back 2x as thick

wowwwww what a great challenge. is this thing still goin' on? if so, i want in!

ETA: i'm gonna pretend it is...lol...my goal is APL unstretched.

Attachments

• 20090119014.jpg
    20090119014.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
i want to be in this challenge. can we start it back up again. i want neck length hair unstretched. pics are in my fotki, but i will update some time soon. i think i will get to this length some time in the summer or fall hopefully. i just want to see my ears covered by the fall or the end of the year.

welcome new challengers.
rainbowcurls sorry to hear about your hair trobles but you can come back from it beleive me you can dont give up on your hair just let it come back in its own time. you know irrisistable suffered hair loose and her hair came back 2x as thick

Thanks Lucia.
I dunno, maybe I will re-join at some point in the future...
It's just like my hair is saying to me "now listen here, there's no way I'm going to get passed shoulder length... deal with it... muhhahahahahaaaaaa!"

I hate wearing my hair down now, it's a horrible shape because of the 'trim'/breakage/erratic shrinkage. I would be willing to get one more cut 'for the cause' if it was guaranteed to be a good one, but that's so very unlikely... *sigh* :sad:

Anyway... looking forward to seeing everyone else's updates...

If this is still going on, I would really like to be a part of it. I get MASSIVE shrinkage. I am currently at my neck unstretched in the back and at my ears in the front. I want to be SL as a short term goal, but as a long term goal APL!

I want in on this challenge! My starting picture is attached and my goals are as follows:

Short Term Goal: APL Kinky/Curly Hair

Long Term Goal: BSL Kinky/Curly Hair

Attachments

• DSCN0190.jpg
    DSCN0190.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 12
I had great growth in the last year! Looking forward to seeing what the next year will bring!

Slide5-vi.jpg

Anyone else want to share results?

welcome new members, glad there's more of us doing this, this is a relaxed type of challenge so most of us check in every season or every 6 months or so. just read the original post there's no time limit just post your starting length and short or long term curly goal we only curly/texturized length count here. so any curly issues post here and one of us will try and answer as best we can. Im going to try to recruit some longhaired curlies on here so we can get tips.
anyone you think should be here for tips hair advice please invite them.

Last edited:
Back