Curlygirl Challenge

bmoreflyygirl said:
Aww you ladies are so much further along than I am. :( I have a lot of growing to do lol How long do you think it would take for my hair to get to my chin unstretched? It's on my neck and approaching my shoulder when straight now. But when curled up it still looks like a TWA.

Awww don't be discouraged. Just wait until you see how much your hair grows in 6 months to a year. I'll be natural 2 years in May and my hair has grown so much.

signed me up too!...I want to be full shoulder length unstretched...that will take a longggg time...probably another two years. I will be taking my braids out in a few days so I can measure then, but it still looks like a TWA

:newbie:'s in!! I'm 19.5'', just a little past shoulder length unstretched. My goal is waist length unstretched.

Last edited:
welcome new members
Blackoutzangel05
SSBD
Santia
Ayesha
loonatick
cutiebe2
UMBlessed beauty1
Sar-I

Santia, if you're texturized but still have curls that's OK too. We're just not taking anyone without curls-no offense.
Everyone make sure you bookmark or subscribe this page so you can find it later.
So next updates next fall-happy growing everyone.

Rainbowcurls, any measurment is fine, tape measure, or point on your body like shoulder length for example. I don't use tape measures cause they make me crazy. :lol:

Official start length:half APL
Ok my curly length is pretty much the same as Jan except the front and side are alittle longer, the nape longer parts are at APL the shorter ones some are at and just passed shoulder length in the front. Pics in compare album in my fotki.

Last edited:
I want in too. I am scalp length :lachen: is there such a thing. YES!! :lol:

I have a short pixie cut so I'm hoping it will be 4" min in 6 months which would mean it would be floating in air still and almost reaching my ears.:yay: .

So I'm in. How do I attach a photo so it is regular size like your photos lucia or anyone. It keeps making it a stupid thumbnail :mad:

My starting photo:

Attachments

• lhcf.jpg
    lhcf.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hey more members,
Luz, I put that pic in my signature feature and it has a url link from photobucket or a site, that's the only way that will work.

Miss Scarlet, all you need is a starting pic or length measurement, point on your body or tape measure where your hair is now at starting, and a goal.

Luv04, I thought you already were in the challenge, your on the list, did I miss something? :lol:

Lord knows I don't need to be in this challenge, but since it's not really a "challenge" per se, I guess I'm in. I'll take a photo of my hair after I do a CW and detangle--it's been stretched all week.

Cheleigh said:
Lord knows I don't need to be in this challenge, but since it's not really a "challenge" per se, I guess I'm in. I'll take a photo of my hair after I do a CW and detangle--it's been stretched all week.
Yeah it's more of a shrinkage support group, I guess.

Lucia said:
Yeah it's more of a shrinkage support group, I guess.

:lol: Shrinkage support group... I like that

My name is Dani and whenever I wet my hair it shrinks and you can't tell the real length of it.

So, is there anything special I do now that I've joined the challenge other than remember the challenge rules which are:

1.length pics or official measuring for the curlygirl challenge
2.Wear anyway you want but straight mesaurement doesn't count for curlygirl challenge only airdried natural legth
3.Check in every 6 months
4.challenge starts when you sign up and ends when you reach your short or longterm goal

This is my first challenge so I'm making sure I got it all.

Last edited:
luzminerva said:
So, is there anything special I do now that I've joined the challenge other than remember the challenge rules which are:

2.Wear anyway you want but straight mesaurement doesn't count for curlygirl challenge only airdried natural legth
4.challenge starts when you sign up and ends when you reach your short or longterm goal

That's all. We can just keep this post going since it's not too long yet.

If it's not to late, I want in too. I just did the BIG CHOP at the end of March.

I have about 1 inch of hair.

luzminerva said:

I'm so feelin' that photo, it's like one of those signs they wear for a meet and greet.
Couldn't we have one for this challenge :p

Ayeshia said:
:love: @ rainbowcurls!

Ummm I guess Ill prolly update everyother year my shrinkage is INSANE :lol:
:lol: :lol: It can't be that bad. Besides when your hair gets longer it gets a little more hang from the weight of the length.

Lucia said:
Official start length:half APL
Ok my curly length is pretty much the same as Jan except the front and side are alittle longer, the nape longer parts are at APL the shorter ones some are at and just passed shoulder length in the front. Pics in compare album in my fotki.

Oh yeah forgot to add that my goal is BSL curly.

This will be a great challenge to join! I look like I have a twa unstretched. My short term goal is shoulder length unstretched and ultimatley, APL unstretched.

Right, I thought it was 6 months, but I miscounted and it was 5. But I already took a photo, so here you go:

April 2007:
0704_01_back.jpg

September 2007:
0709_12_backmeasurement.jpg

Conclusions:
1. Shrinkage is a b1tch.
2. Might be a while.
3. My hair is a boring colour now.

I'm in! Only thing is I don't really take dry pics because I don't wear my hair down often. So are wet/damp pics ok?

Nevermind, I can do it for a challenge.

I'm in! Only thing is I don't really take dry pics because I don't wear my hair down often. So are wet/damp pics ok?

Nevermind, I can do it for a challenge.
You can do either wet or dry as long as you let us know, the thing about this challenge is straight hair pics and length don't count, it's all about the curls.

Right, I thought it was 6 months, but I miscounted and it was 5. But I already took a photo, so here you go:

April 2007:
0704_01_back.jpg

September 2007:
0709_12_backmeasurement.jpg

Conclusions:
1. Shrinkage is a b1tch.
2. Might be a while.
3. My hair is a boring colour now.

I can see your progress, good job, your hair was above shoulder just barely touching before now it's well into shoulder length and passing shoulder, APL here you come.

I would like to join!

My goal is Shoulder length unstretched, and now, I think I'm at neck length, so I have a while. But, if I understand, my next check-in is March, and since that's my Nappiversary month, I would love to see how far I am then.

Your hair is beautiful!

I can see your progress, good job, your hair was above shoulder just barely touching before now it's well into shoulder length and passing shoulder, APL here you come.

Hmm, now you mention it, I can see it, thanks :)

My hair looks a bit 'wider' too in the second pic, maybe I had more shrinkage that day.
Damn, when is this hair weight related weighing down going to start?! :lol:

Hmm, now you mention it, I can see it, thanks :)

My hair looks a bit 'wider' too in the second pic, maybe I had more shrinkage that day.
Damn, when is this hair weight related weighing down going to start?! :lol:

Yeah it usually takes other people to see and point out your own progress, I can't see when mine is growing either unless it's like massive growth, my hair gets bigger 1st too. I have a quickie update and it just looks bigger not longer.
I think when you get passed shoulder (which is a hard, not impossible) then it starts little by little. Also I believe in lots of leave-ins and gel so that should help, if it doesn't I may consider slightly texturizing. But I don't see myself getting more stretched length from texturizers than using good products.
It's weird my hair stretches out alot when wet but once it starts drying, shrinkage city.

pls add me to the list, i have big shrinkage goals. and i wont stop till i reach midback or waist length unstretched. :)

currently dec 4 2007: my hair is all one length at shoulder length unstretched including my bangs.

hope to be somewhere close to underarm with shrinkage by end of 2008.

Back