Confessions of a Nappyhead

I really don't mind shrinkage because it's not THAT long anyway, it's about SL stretched. I'm actually terrified that I'm not retaining and I won't be able to tell for like 6 months. I also never feel sexy. I always feel cute...I was carded for a rated R movie...which hasn't happened since I was like 16.

But with all that, I really love my hair. It really does fit me. I like how everyone else comments on how much they like it. I love at the end of the day how squish-y it feels...like a stress ball. I do love it. I can't wait til it grows out.

Its funny I was saying to my husband last night that when I wear a shrunken fro I feel cute not sexy, like a teenager who has never had long hair. When I pick my afro out I feel really, really sexy :blush:! I feel like covering it up in public because men stare:kisses: :ohwell:, and I am really devoted to my hubby.

my hair, my glory
same head , different story
my curls, my length
my thickness, my strength

I've been talked about by loved ones
called out of my name
but once I bc'd I was never the same

divorced from my relaxer
freed from my master
my hair is lovely, wild, and free
not hugging my scalp like plaster

I walk into the room
single as I can be
no longer married to the perm
but free to be me

sometimes I like it silky
only for a spell
can't keep my curlies hidden forever
they will not be confined in a jail

Some like it when I rock a good ole' fashion press
I view my natural as a newly discovered treasure
in spite of some calling it mess

my hair, my glory
same head , different story
my curls, my length
my thickness, my strength

*Snaps* I LOVE this. I have been reading and writing poetry since childhood and my love for it has yet to dim. Thank you so much.

I confess that I do not see wearing weave/wigs for convenience or change of style as de-naturalizing my hair. In fact I want a sew in so I can let my curlies rest for a while and some kinky twists as well..

I confessed that:

I used to think natural hair wasn't me---until I went natural and realized it was ALL me and then some :-)

I LOOOVE my hair texture...the coils and curls are why i can't go back relaxed...hell I couldn't even do locks because I love fros.

My favorite hair product is water now...water is hydration and moisture and my naps crave this.

The longer I am natural, the more i love it.

I want to be an example for other nappies that 4b/z/q/x whatever hair is beautiful and should be nurtured not tortured into submission.

If i never wore my hair straight again; i would be fine with it.

The longer my hair gets, i fall deeper in love with it. Even having to do a 2nd bc didn't diminish my enthusiasm. Someone remarked recently that I'm still doing the natural thing..I was like :yep:I wanted to say "What you think it's game?" but I refrained.. :lol:
When I decided to go natural it was not a phase, an experiment, or a trend. For me it was/is a lifestyle change and has spilled over into other areas of my life. I'm now trying to become a healthier person overall. I'm a lifelong natural and I'm lovin it. :pepper:

Back