Comeback 2012 Challenge

ZebraPrintLover said:
LaidBak, So how have you been wearing your hair to bounce back from that issue?

Like this. Sometimes I can use curlers and sometimes I need a bit of heat.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120504_070701.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120504_070701.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 36
Thinking about washing my hair tonight, if not tonight it will be in the A.M (im tired, running on 4hrs of sleep).

Its moisture week for me.

Like this. Sometimes I can use curlers and sometimes I need a bit of heat.

I am not sure what went wrong with doing the fake bun pieces for you. I have been using the mane clip. It seems to be doing pretty good so far. Some one on lhcf said they had one on in a pic and the PJ in me had me going to the website ordering. I think there is a YouTube for it. I did not put as much hair as she had and I usually wear it in the chignon so my ponytail is usually nice a moisturized when I take it off. Have not noticed any breakage at attached point. Hope you have a better journey after your cut :yep:

itismehmmkay said:
Hey what did you do to get it to the bun??

That was from two years ago, when my hair was healthy. I just twisted it around my fingers and slipped a concorde clip in to hold it.

Shelew said:
I am not sure what went wrong with doing the fake bun pieces for you. I have been using the mane clip. It seems to be doing pretty good so far. Some one on lhcf said they had one on in a pic and the PJ in me had me going to the website ordering. I think there is a YouTube for it. I did not put as much hair as she had and I usually wear it in the chignon so my ponytail is usually nice a moisturized when I take it off. Have not noticed any breakage at attached point. Hope you have a better journey after your cut :yep:

I was using a claw clip to attach a fake braid, and then wrapping the braid to form a bun. It looked fantastic, But the tension that the clip placed on my hair eventually ripped it all out. That was all last spring/summer. But the most recent damage (this past january) was caused by the stocking cap I was wearing under my wig. It was too tight and snapped my hair off down to the skin at the nape. It would ride up while under my wig so it got me pretty good back there.

What exactly is a mane clip?

Thanks yall.

I meant how did you get it healthy LaidBak?

That was from two years ago, when my hair was healthy. I just twisted it around my fingers and slipped a concorde clip in to hold it.

itismehmmkay, she mentioned on the previous page that it was a 2010 hair pix.

Depending on the length of your hair I can tell you how to do a nice fan out bun..... Hair has to at least be SL in order to cover the stuffed hair.

Thanks yall.

I meant how did you get it healthy @LaidBak?

Oh! My bad. Well, that was after a year or so of PJ experimentation. So honestly it wasn't just one thing. Or if it was I don't know what it was. I've gone through my hair diary a few times to try and figure out what worked and what didn't.

Hows it going ladies.....?

It will be 16 wks post for me this upcoming weekend. I am ready to get a relaxer!

I have been DCing for like 5 hrs at the moment, too busy to jump in the shower to wash it out. Its win win right now.

After my DC from last night I sectioned my hair off in 5 and M&S it, put it into plaits and let it dry over night.

This morning I put 7 cornrows in my hair and I will be throwing on my u-part wig for at least a week.

I wish had seen this thread sooner.

I'm recovering from a setback that happened last Oct. 2011. I went for a relaxer and over the next two weeks was shedding uncontrollably. Turns out the hater stylist didn't rinse all the relaxer out of my ends (don't ask me why it was even there in the first place. This took me from full WL to see through ends (something I've never experienced since joining here in 2008).

Today, I'm 7 months in and in a much better place. My immediate goal is to get back to full,healthy WL. I'm about three inches from that now.

Recovery plan - Get back to basics (DC'ing, no direct heat, moisture/sealing, protective styling). I also started using ovations on a regular basis. I'm about 45 days in consistently and the excessive shedding stopped on the first day. Hoping the product lives up to the claims of faster growing hair, but just the ultra-reduced shedding makes it worth the money to me.

Setback pic-Oct. 2011
Major Damage-2 weeks post relaxer 10-27-11.jpg

Pic last week-May 2012
Houston-20120505-00752.jpg

Last edited:
I wish had seen this thread sooner.

I'm recovering from a setback that happened last Oct. 2011. I went for a relaxer and over the next two weeks was shedding uncontrollably. Turns out the hater stylist didn't rinse all the relaxer out of my ends (don't ask me why it was even there in the first place. This took me from full WL to see through ends (something I've never experienced since joining here in 2008).

hillytmj, please tell me who this is so I know not to go to her....Its a few of us in here from Houston!

I was using a claw clip to attach a fake braid, and then wrapping the braid to form a bun. It looked fantastic, But the tension that the clip placed on my hair eventually ripped it all out. That was all last spring/summer. But the most recent damage (this past january) was caused by the stocking cap I was wearing under my wig. It was too tight and snapped my hair off down to the skin at the nape. It would ride up while under my wig so it got me pretty good back there.

What exactly is a mane clip?

Oh sorry for the late response. It is a pony tail clip that you attach fake hair to on one side a then your pony tail is clamped to the other portion. Here is the link where i got mine. http://themaneclip.com/catalog/
not sure if it works for everyone but it does for me. I do it the chignon way. I have not worn a regular ponytail before. I use a wavy texture since I am transitioning.

2 days in with my cornrows and looking to have them in for 14. Spritzing my hair daily with my moisturizer....I will notify yall once I do something different.

Peace Love and Happiness guys!

Hey girly :wave: my hair is tryna do something. It's been 2mths since my last cut n I've had a retouch since too. I did get some recent breakage at the top but it was bone straight ends n think it was my recent use of coconut oil on that area so I'm taking that out. But feeling good still about my overall progress. Feeling good about how'll look by the end of the year :grin:

Still in this thang....
Tomorrow makes 7 days that I have had my cornrows in. IDK if I am going to push it to 14 or go ahead and take them out Sunday after church and redo them.

My leave out section isnt weight down so I might leave them in and be a lazy bum for another 7 days.

Still not sure with what I wanna do with my hair.....relax or not?
I DONT want to deal with natural hair (not mines at least) and thats why I am leaning towards relaxing....Imma sit down with this stylist I have been peeping and talk to her about a few things.
I dont mind texture but this 4 something in the center of my head is a beast, so I guess texlax will be my friend.

Shelew said:
Oh sorry for the late response. It is a pony tail clip that you attach fake hair to on one side a then your pony tail is clamped to the other portion. Here is the link where i got mine. http://themaneclip.com/catalog/
not sure if it works for everyone but it does for me. I do it the chignon way. I have not worn a regular ponytail before. I use a wavy texture since I am transitioning.

I came across this ManeClip in another thread as well. I ordered it and it came two days ago. Its gigantic (relative to the size of my head). I'm not sure I can make it work, but I'll experiment with it this weekend.

ETA: I guess I really need to post some progress pics, huh?

LaidBak said:
I came across this ManeClip in another thread as well. I ordered it and it came two days ago. Its gigantic (relative to the size of my head). I'm not sure I can make it work, but I'll experiment with it this weekend.

ETA: I guess I really need to post some progress pics, huh?

Yes it is rather big (now you got me thinking lol) but I still wear it because it is the simplest thing I have found until my own hair is bun worthy. Here is a pic of mine today. I do it regular ponytail way now and tuck it under with two bobby pins. I did try it with straighter hair but I only like it with some texture.

image-547182705.jpg

From April 29 to today. Not a ton of progress, but I still owed some pics.

Attachments

• April2012ends.jpg
    April2012ends.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 37
  • ForumRunner_20120613_223222.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120613_223222.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 29
  • ForumRunner_20120613_223239.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120613_223239.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 31
@LaidBak, that's definite progress! Look at your ends! They're beautiful. And ur hair looks thicker too. Lovely!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks! The first pic was the last time I put scissors to my head. I still have unevenness in the very back of my head, around the area of my occipital bone. But I'm hoping I won't have to cut any more hair. I'm getting my hair braided at the end of the month. I'll post another pic when I eventually get those taken out.

Yes definitely pics after you get your braids in!

Hey ladies! Update time :-D. I'm 8weeks post relaxer. I blow dried my hair last night, no flat iron.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-628880217.jpg
    image-628880217.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 17
OK, got my Senegalese twists done today. My GOD they are tight! I forgot how bad getting braids could hurt. But hopefully I'll get a months wear out of them.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 13
Back