Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I'm a lazy bum, so I just do one rinse. I did what I call a CAT rinse today, which is Coffee, ACV, and Tea. I drink my black teas and can't bear to part with them :look:, but I can part with coffee. So my mix is coffee, 18 million teas, and acv. I used it for the first time today and my hair seems to really like it. I've used tea rinses (non-caffeine) for over a year with good results, so I'm excited to see if the coffee provides an added benefit :yep:.

Ronnieaj

We seem to both be doing CAT's.:lol:

I've been doing mine separately instead of all Mixed Together.

I've been starting with Coffee, then using Black Tea and Finishing Up with ACV.

I'm lovin' it!:lick:

IDareT'sHair, what about doing both the coffee and black tea rinses do you like? Is one for growth and one for shedding? Do you think there's a difference to doing them separately versus together, or is it just preference?

I'm using the coffee exclusively for growth purposes. I don't have a particular problem with shedding (it feels like a lot when I do detangle, but it's only because I only comb once every 3 weeks when I redo my twists), so I don't know that the black tea is necessary. The rest of the teas I use primarily for moisture and growth, and acv for porosity/pH issues.

Ronnieaj

Same.:yep: Coffee for Growth & Tea for Strength & potential shedding.

It just falls in my Regi to do them Separately. I've been using the Coffee Rinse under my weekly Reconstructor or Protein.

I started out using a nice Moringa I got from Ltown. It worked great for Shine. Loved it.

Then I got a nice loose blend from curlyhersheygirl then I started on Black.

In my Blend of Black Tea I added a dropper full of, Nettle, Horsetail, Cinnamon Bark, Yarrow, Red Raspberry Leaf and Hydrolized Wheat.

I use the ACV as a Final after Steaming to close Cuticle.

Here's To CATs!:cheers:

I have been sprit zing daily with Njoi tea spritz and it's the only bottle I have. I really like it but if I want to keep up this habit I will have to make my own bottles. These lil 4 ounce containers from these companies are all fine and fabulous but it's only lasting me 2 weeks lol. Now I'm googling info about infusing tea. I want to add jbco and peppermint oil to my spritz. Also, this weekend I mixed my henna with the leftover tea from my tea rinse a few weeks ago. I felt so resourceful by doing that lol

Wash Day:

Doing a CAT = Coffee, Tea, ACV (in that order).

Ronnieaj I love that name.:lol:

I applied Coffee in a Squeeze Bottle and put my Reconstructor on Top. Will DC/Steam in a bit and follow up with my Black Tea Rinse.

Final Rinse will be Hairveda's ACV Phinising Rinse

Y'all been chatting it up, I see. I'll be doing a tea rinse tonight, not sure what kind yet. I suppose my trip to the grocery store will determine what I use.

@Eisani

Lemme know what you find.:grin: I didn't see anything at the Grocer worth Tea-Rinsing. :ohwell:

But next time I visit my Local Health Food Store, Imma pick up either Rooibis or Moringa (or both).:look:

Last edited:
I didnt do a tea rinse last week. Twas hectic and I'm moving, but I did a chamomile tea rinse today.
I'm still pretty new to tea rinses, but so far, so good.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

@CurlyMoo

IMO Sufficiently No.:sad: I've noticed there is some stain there (temporarily), but my Grey is Stubborn and Fierce.:lol:

I use Henna/Indigo for that issue.:ohwell:

Thank you IDare, when you say stain do you mean a brown or darker gray? I have a lot of gray and thought taking copper would help but it seems to have no effect except to my pocket book. :ohwell:

I've been wanting to use the Henna/Indigo so I may give that a try once I find a good vendor.

@CurlyMoo For Mine, it's hardly noticeable *darker brown*.

But it doesn't last. By the time I apply my daily Moisturizers it's gone.:nono:

Henna/Indigo gives more of a Permanent Color and Maximum Coverage. I have alot of Grey as well.

The 2 Step Process works beautifully and gives you a Rich, Shiny Color. More so than Bottled Semi/Demi or Permanent (which I found to be dulling).

Henna/Indigo takes your color & your gray to a whole new level. It's been wonderful for my Hair.

IDareT'sHair is there another name for moringa? I'm at the store now and don't see anything so I'll be using my root tea, burdock/marshmalllow/licorice/fenugreek.

@CurlyMoo For Mine, it's hardly noticeable *darker brown*.

But it doesn't last. By the time I apply my daily Moisturizers it's gone.:nono:

Henna/Indigo gives more of a Permanent Color and Maximum Coverage. I have alot of Grey as well.

The 2 Step Process works beautifully and gives you a Rich, Shiny Color. More so than Bottled Semi/Demi or Permanent (which I found to be dulling).

Henna/Indigo takes your color & your gray to a whole new level. It's been wonderful for my Hair.

Thanks again Idare, I wonder if you leave the tea/coffee mix in for hours will it become permanent? I'm looking for a cost effective way to cover grays that's kind of simple and natural.

And also is it possible to get a nice blue black color with Henna/Indigo? And maybe even purple, blurple? :look:

Thanks again Idare, I wonder if you leave the tea/coffee mix in for hours will it become permanent? I'm looking for a cost effective way to cover grays that's kind of simple and natural.

And also is it possible to get a nice blue black color with Henna/Indigo? And maybe even purple, blurple? :look:

CurlyMoo I'm not sure, but it definitely Stains.:yep:

Oh most Definitely. The 2 Step Henna/Indigo Process gives you a Nice, Shiny, Blue Black Rich Color. Less Henna/More Indigo = Blackest-Black.

A Hendigo (Mixing Henna - after the dye releases With Indigo) Gives you a Rich, Shiny, Dark Brown. Either way Greys are sufficiently covered.:yep:

I think I only Henna about once every 8-10 weeks or so.

Not sure about Purple or Blurple:lol: I think folks mix their Henna with a variety of 'stuff' to get the color they want.

I've never done it tho'. I just want my Grey-Gone.:lol:....:look:

dyamonds10
How did you like adding Pepperment tea to the black tea. did it make your scalp tingle? I was thinking of doing that maybe I will do this coming weekend :yep:

Ltown Eisani

Yeah, there are several products with Moringa.

QB's Moringa Ghee DC'er and AV's Moringa & Ginger Detangler (which I absolutely love).:lick:

I read in another thread a while back, that it produces High Shine. And that Moringa Tea Rinse did exactly that.:grin:

My Hair was Blingin' after those Moringa Tea Rinses this Summer.:yep:

Back