Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

@BlkOnyx488

I barely had any shedding once I did the coffee, dc, tea, acv rinses. So I don't know which one played the ultimate factor but I did like how my hair smelled :lachen: And for me to not have any shedding is a big thing. I have been losing clumps of hair daily since I delivered my dd and started depo. So this is a big improvement for me. I think next time I will do peppermint, nettle and black tea HHG

Edit: No tingles lol

Last edited:
Did a black and hibiscus tea rinse last night. I think I should increase it to each time I wash my hair - once a week doesn't seem to be enough for me.

Just Poured that Cup of "Dark Roast" I got from Panera the other day over my Hair after Co-Cleansing with Darcy's Cleansing Conditioner.

I slapped Nexxus Emergencee on over the Coffee Rinse and now sitting under the dryer.

Will Finish up with a Black Tea Rinse & an ACV Final Rinse.

Overnight I GHE'd with a mix of castor and hemp (which I added a very little bit of sulfur to), so my hair was nice and moisturized this morning. I co-washed w/ Aloe 80 organics aloe, lemon & rosemary daily conditioner. I'll be doing a tea rinse within the hour! :yep: Already my scalp feels nice and tingly.

PS faithVA Now I've got some coffee oil in the making. Thanks for the inspiration! I had a bag of coffee sitting around that I didn't like! :grin: Now it can be put to use!

ETA:

Here's the tea I decided to do a rinse with today

ambrosia-plum-tin.jpg

Description
A Sip of Sunshine
The sub-tropical valleys of the Assam region of Northeast India is the inspiration for this exotic and alluring blend of rare white Assam and Indian green tea, punctuated with the taste of ripe, luscious plums and delectable strawberry leaves. Hand-picked rose petals round out the sweet fullness of this bright, delicious cup.

Ingredients: Green and white Indian tea, organic strawberry leaf, Bulgarian rose petals, organic Stevia leaf*, natural plum extract (*dietary supplement).

Embossed recyclable air tight tin containing 22 sachets of certified 100% fair trade and organic tea.

Mariawithlove
This has some good ingredients how do it taste?

soaked hair with 1 cup ayurvedic tea (hibiscus, fenugreek, catnip) plus 1 tablespoon acv diluted in 64 oz jug before doing a shikakai oil rinse.

Used the tea cream on dry hair 20 min,rinsed with remaining tea liquid,co-washed with Camille rose moisture max,Marie Dean Coffee & Kukum Dc 45 min,kyras coconut cream leave-in,kbn butter on ends & sealed with rice bran oil...rosemary pomade on edges...

Hair feels strong,scalp nice/tinglely,strands looks healthy...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ok did my tea rinse today, finished up the last of that batch. So I made two new tea rinses, they are steeping now:
1. black tea, nettle, horsetail, fenugreek
2. chamomile, burdock root, marshmallow root, hibiscus. (conditioning rinse)

I used Chicoro's moisture-drenched prepoo today:lick::love:. I Clarifyed with Avalon Organics Rosemary, Mint and Tea Tree Shampoo, poured some black tea rinse over my wet hair then deep conditioned my hair today using Moroccanoil products. My hair feels awesome right now, and by awesome, I mean soft, silky and strong. You can't get any better than that.

Now back to my wigs:grin:.

Did a rinse with earl grey and a bit of ACV. Let it dry and then DCed on top of it.

Also, I'm rethinking using hibiscus tea to rinse my hair. I tasted it and it's too delicious to pour on my head. I want to drink it all instead. :look:

So, as I expected, I ended up making a separate coffee/black tea rinse. I'm so easily influenced (IDareT'sHair, I'm starin straight atcha!!). So I did my version of chicoro's prepoo last night (I substitute the mozeke amla infusion, mustard and neem oil instead of coconut) and used it to help detangle after 2 weeks in twists and two days of a twistout. I slathered my hair with WEN 613 and then used NJoi Creations ayurvedic poo bar to wash.

I took my coffee/tea rinse and massaged it into my scalp only (coffee, black tea, jasmine green tea). Covered hair in oil mix and steamed for 15 minutes. Followed up with Marie Dean Coffee & Kokum DC for 25 minutes. Rinsed, followed with acv rinse :grin:, then did leave-in routine, which included NJoi's Green Tea Hair Creme. Yep, you guys have created a monster :lol:.

Did a rinse with Hairveda pH Rinse

Finished up my Marie Dean Coffee & Kokum DC. I think I'll make my own coffee and tea rinses this week. My new project.

@Aggie, i did chicoro prepoo too today. I also did ayurveda rinse.

I have to admit @Ltown, this is the absolute best my hair has ever felt since I cut off my straight relaxed hair - THE BEST I tell ya! I can never be without AVG, EVCO and EVOO - NEVER!

My hair feels so good, I wanna do it again just for the fun and feel of it:lol:.

Oh by the way ladies, I will not be leaving any stuff on my scalp for days on end anymore. Whenever I use my sulfur/jbco mix on my scalp, I will apply the moisture prepoo and sleep with it all in overnight and wash the entire thing out the next morning.

I realize that too many things have been clogging up my scalp pores and I need to put a stop to it - NOW! especially seeing that I just big chopped my hair again! I can do without the dry itchy scalp and tathered hair ends.

Stick a fork in me - I am done:lachen:!

Applied my coffee castor oil blend to my scalp last night and gave myself a scalp massage and then twisted it up. The blend is working well for me its not too thick, too stick or too oily. I can put my hands in my hair and not come back with a ton of oil. Nice!

I definitely will make the coffee oil again.

I have to admit I am a real....true.....absolute.... believer. My last wash day I did a coffee rinse, DC'd on top with steam then did a tea rinse of Nettle, Hibiscus and black tea and finished with Roux porosity control (I just can't seem to get the ACV thing right) and my hair loved it, I am going to do this a couple more time to see if I have the same results before I can claim it as a staple.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Black tea rinsed under my AO Swimmers conditioner this afternoon and is abut to wash it out in a few minutes.

Back