Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I found a bottle of Hydrolized Wheat Protein in my Stash so I added a Splash to my Black Tea Rinse.

So now it has:
Black Tea
Nettle
Horsetail
Red Raspberry Leaf
Hydrolized Wheat Protein
ETA: Cinnamon Bark

Last edited:
a6936189-d05d-8ba2.jpg

My finished coffee oil product & it looks and smells delicious :)

1 cup mix of (regular palma cristi castor oil w/grapeseed oil)
The mixture volume is more than enough for my scalp and the length of my hair.

I massaged the oil into my scalp a few minutes ago and am currently GHE'ing with a baggy for the remainder of the night.

Last edited:
@Mane_Attraxion

Gurl...It DOES Look Good!:lick:

So...are you just going to oil your scalp with it or are you also putting it in Conditioners and/or Shampoo's or Pre-Poos?

What are your plans for that Delicious Looking Oil!:drool:

@Mane_Attraxion

Gurl...It DOES Look Good!:lick:

So...are you just going to oil your scalp with it or are you also putting it in Conditioners and/or Shampoo's or Pre-Poos?

What are your plans for that Delicious Looking Oil!:drool:

:) Thank you! I am going to oil my scalp and the seal the ends of my hair with it. I am planning on coffee rinsing at the end of this week (just been to lazy to brew it) so I think ill probably have a coffee overload at the end of this month lol.

How is your mix coming along especially since you added the hydrolyzed protein?

I added a couple drops to the Wheat Protein into my Black Tea Mix.

I am letting some Black Tea Steep now to add it to my Jug (to top it off, especially since I added the Wheat).

I had some Honeyquat & Silk Aminos but sent them to another Poster a while back. Now I wish I had'a kept that stuff. :ohwell:

I could add those to my Tea Rinse.:perplexed

Mane_Attraxion

Over the weekend I used Anita Grant's creamy cafe latte. My hair is really soft and shiny. I love it thus far! Yesterday I used up Hairveda hydrasillica. I have been using it to spritz my edges and crown before putting my hair into a ponytail. I love using the tea spritz daily. I won't be able to use them when it's warm because most tea spritz have glycerin, which expands my hair in humidity!

I added a couple drops to the Wheat Protein into my Black Tea Mix.

I am letting some Black Tea Steep now to add it to my Jug (to top it off, especially since I added the Wheat).

I had some Honeyquat & Silk Aminos but sent them to another Poster a while back. Now I wish I had'a kept that stuff. :ohwell:

I could add those to my Tea Rinse.:perplexed

@Mane_Attraxion

IDareT'sHair, I used that in my tea spritz last year that I had send you, out of it now but it was good.

yodie

Welcome Ms. Yodie & Happy Tea Rinsing. You've been Airdrying with Nettle & Getting Great Results.:grin:

I wonder if anyone else is Air-Drying leaving the Tea-In?

Right now I'm using Nettle & Horsetail in the bottles with the droppers, but I may pick up some Nettle & some Horsetail Tea Bags this weekend.:yep:

curlyhersheygirl

I gotta find my Quinoa Coffee Creme. I need to go look in my Stash. I know I have a Jar of this.:yep:

I'd like to have that b.a.s.k. Java Bean.:lick:

I'll pick that up after the 2nd leg of this Challenge.

@curlyhersheygirl

I gotta find my Quinoa Coffee Creme. I need to go look in my Stash. I know I have a Jar of this.:yep:

I'd like to have that b.a.s.k. Java Bean.:lick:

I'll pick that up after the 2nd leg of this Challenge.

Where did you purchase this from? That sounds really good!

Todays plan, prepoo with coffee oil then wash hair (aloe vera and acv mixture) and rinse with either ginger tea or coffee.

Pulled out my Black Tea Rinse for tomorrow. :grin:

Will do this and a Coffee Rinse for tomorrow's wash day.

I will pour the Coffee on and Slap a Reconstructor on top and get under the dryer.

After DC'ing, will do a Black Tea Rinse right before my ACV Rinse.

Three Rinses in all:

Coffee
Black Tea
ACV

Did a Coffee Rinse & Slapped a Reconstructor on top & got under the dryer.

Will Steam and do a Tea Rinse followed by Hairveda's ACV Phinising Rinse

Woo hoo NO SHEDDDDDDDDINNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Ok I am not sure which part of reggie is working
bu it's working!

I am 2 weeks in to my braid install.

Last week I DCed with a protein DC I figured I would do this once a month
but before DCed did a black tea rinse.

So this week I have just been tighting up the braids around my edges and I have been checking for shed hairs. I have taken down about 8 braids now and no Shed hairs what so ever!!!!

Normally after two weeks I can have about 40 shed hairs per braid.

Also I use sulphur on my hair every night
I read that sulphur causes shedding which is why I needed the Tea Rinses.

I am really really happy!

I'm in!!
I love tea rinses!

I'll be using a strongly brewed earl grey and hibiscus tea. I have to figure out what proportions to do, so I can get the benefits of both the hibiscus and the earl grey in one rinse. Too lazy to do two separate ones. :lol:

I also plan to use the tea blend as a base for a moisturizing spritz, which will be used as necessary.

Chaosbutterfly That stripper bunny is KILLIN' me. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:I can't stop staring at it.

Back