Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

It may sound crazy, but I use a cloth napkin in a funnel. It takes a while, but it gets all of the coffee out.

@faithVA

Yeah I'm thinking just put the grounds in the cheese cloth to start with and then put the whole cheese cloth in the crock pot. Then I don't have to strain it. I'm going to try it. The worse that can happen is that it doesn't work :ohwell:

Here is a photo of it.
IDareT'sHair faithVA

coffeeoil-vi.jpg

Last edited:
greenandchic does the coffee oil need to be preserved or stored in the fridge? I have some coffee and regular castor oil that I do not want to use anymore (since loving JBCO) so I am thinking about mixing it up.

I never refrigerate mine because I use olive oil and I use it up quickly. If its going to be on the shelf for an extended period of time, it wont hurt to do so.

greenandchic I've never made it before. I was going on by what Ltown posted via ehow. I was going to put the Whole Beans in the Crock with Oil and let it Simmer then scoop the whole beans out of the Oil & Put it in bottles.

Ltown, does this sound right?

IDareT'sHair, yes that right. i soak mine in coffee beans. It will provide the potency you need without the straining and mess. Like most natural products, vegetable, and food once you break it down the potency is loss. I soak mine for 2 weeks. The link i post is one of many, i'm sure you google and can find more or better ones.

Last edited:
greenandchic, i'm sure all work on getting coffee oil, beans or grounds:grin: heck look at how all these flavor butters coming up, cranberry, pomagrande, all soaked in shea butter and drained some how:lol:

@Ltown Question, I see where you allow your Beans to Soak for 2 Weeks in the Oil.

Did you heat the Oil 1st in the Crock Pot/Pan.....OR.......

Did you just soak the Beans in Oil for 2 weeks w/o heating?

See, this is why I don't like mixing stuff.:nono:

I'd rather just buy some Coffee Oil.:lol:

I'm doing good making these Black Tea/Tea & Coffee Rinses.:blush:

ETA: And I still buy those pre-mixed if I can.:lol:

@Ltown Question, I see where you allow your Beans to Soak for 2 Weeks in the Oil.

Did you heat the Oil 1st in the Crock Pot/Pan.....OR.......

Did you just soak the Beans in Oil for 2 weeks w/o heating?

See, this is why I don't like mixing stuff.:nono:

I'd rather just buy some Coffee Oil.:lol:

I'm doing good making these Black Tea/Tea & Coffee Rinses.:blush:

ETA: And I still buy those pre-mixed if I can.:lol:

IDareT'sHair, stop you are trying to be funny:look: no way can i heat for 2 weeks, it would burn probably after so many hours. I only heat 30 min then let it sit for 2 weeks. I don't have a schedule or plan, it about that when i remember:lachen: You can mix anything all that you have on hand heck we all can make some kind of oil from the teas we are using:grin: that how the vendors do it:yep: I made ayurveda tea oils from hibiscus, brahmi etc. I got enough horsetail/nettle teas to mix with all the grapeseed oil. Although evoo is the best. Ok, enough lets stick to rinses!:grin:

Mane_Attraxion

How are you making yours?

Im putting mine in a crock pot with castor oil and grapeseed oil on low for about 6 hours or so. I have the tiny coffee granules and will strain it with a panty hose once the mixture cools.

I was going to add some nettle tea to it but I guess I drunk it all up; oh well maybe in the next batch.

ETA: Oh duh! It didnt click at first but since coffee is rich in magnesium it may help stimulate hair growth

Last edited:
greenandchic

Gurl.......:lick:.Chile.........That Looks Delish!:lick:

I'm Jelly. I wish I had some of that right now.:lick:

Thanks! I smell just like a cafe when I rub it on my scalp! LOL :coffee:

greenandchic, i'm sure all work on getting coffee oil, beans or grounds:grin: heck look at how all these flavor butters coming up, cranberry, pomagrande, all soaked in shea butter and drained some how:lol:

Flavored butters? Please tell me more...are they using the actual fruit in it?

Im putting mine in a crock pot with castor oil and grapeseed oil on low for about 6 hours or so. I have the tiny coffee granules and will strain it with a panty hose once the mixture cools.

I was going to add some nettle tea to it but I guess I drunk it all up; oh well maybe in the next batch.

ETA: Oh duh! It didnt click at first but since coffee is rich in magnesium it may help stimulate hair growth

Were you going to add the dried nettle leaves to the oil too?

@Ltown No, I thought you just allowed the Coffee Beans to Sit in the Oil without heating it.

Okay. Imma try it. But I'll use Whole Beans and Scoop them out after it infuses in the Oil.

Thanks! I smell just like a cafe when I rub it on my scalp! LOL :coffee:

Flavored butters? Please tell me more...are they using the actual fruit in it?

Were you going to add the dried nettle leaves to the oil too?

I was going to add the nettle leaves but I forgot I had already used them all up.

Ive made infused oils in the past (Moes growth oil fad) using nettle, horsetail, rosemary and sage but this is the first time I am infusing the oil with coffee.

ecornett
In the past I have done tea rinses for different reasons depending on the type of tea.

Certain teas are good for producing color (i.e red-hibiscus, darken hair-sage, black tea, lighten-chamomile)

Ive used nettle tea in the past a lot because it made my hair very soft after using a tea rinse

Coffee, rosemary, peppermint, burdock and horsetail teas are good for stimulating the scalp for hair growth and or to make the scalp healthier in general

Saw palmetto could be used if you suffer from DHT and hair loss. (Ive had a thinner crown for 6 years post relaxer and am considering using this tea to rinse to see if it will help)

Last edited:
Did a hibiscus/fenugreek/catnip plus acv tea soak before maka oil rinse
Applied ayurvedic pomade to edges and ends

@greenandchic @Mane_Attraxion

I picked up some Horsetail and some Nettle in Bottles w/Droppers.

May pick up some Saw Palmetto. I couldn't decide on that one or Yarrow?

My Black Tea Mixture has:

Black Tea
Horsetail
Nettle
Cinnamon Bark
Raspberry Leaf

Have any of you ladies ordered from herbco.com before?
The shipping is a bit steep, I guess because they sell the herbs in bulk, but the prices are so good.

Back