Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

I've been wearing my hair out a lot lately and haven't been taking as good of care of it as I did last year. Usually, I'll start the day off with a bun in the hair comb, but eventually take it down or make a ponytail with using the comb so that it's all hanging. I think the bangs will stop me from wanting to wear my hair out so much since I would have some hair already left out. Since my hair is curly, I'm going from chin length bangs, that way when it curls up it won't be really short.

Jupitermoon, your hair is beautiful and I'm sure your hair will be beautiful with bangs and chin length isn't too short at all.

Okay, I got the bangs cut this morning. They were cut on 3rd day hair with Giovanni conditioner as a leave in. Right now they look kinky/straight (from all of the bunning I guess) but I plan on washing my bangs and putting gel in them or rolling them up. I'm going to experiment.

DSC03379-vi.jpg

^^^It will take a few years I guess to grow all of this back, but I plan on keeping them.

DSC03374-vi.jpg

DSC03377-vi.jpg

DSC03378-vi.jpg

Today I wore a bun with one hair stick:

DSC03375-vi.jpg

What's the best gel to use on the bangs?

Jupitermoon,Gorgeous As Always..Dont cut anymore LOL!!!!

I'm going to wash them tonight and see if they curl a bit more since they won't be stretched out from bunning. That's why my beautician decided to just cut a little and keep them long. I want to experiment with gel on my bangs too. Since I plan on keep them short it doesn't matter if the gels dries them out a little plus I can wash and condition them everyday.

Toy, do you have a gel you would recommend for the bangs?

I'm going to wash them tonight and see if they curl a bit more since they won't be stretched out from bunning. That's why my beautician decided to just cut a little and keep them long. I want to experiment with gel on my bangs too. Since I plan on keep them short it doesn't matter if the gels dries them out a little plus I can wash and condition them everyday.

@Toy, do you have a gel you would recommend for the bangs?

jupitermoon,I use Fantasia ic polisher with Sparkletts or You can try that Eco Styler everyone Raves about.

I washed my bangs a few hours ago. They are dry except for the roots. For some strange reason the roots are still ever so slightly damp but the rest of my bangs are dry. I like them. They swing around and fall into my face a lot but they're fun. I washed the bangs with water, finger combed, finger combed a little Giovanni conditioner in and then finger combed a little clear Eco Styler Gel in and let them air dry loose. They curled nicely:

DSC03380-vi.jpg

DSC03381-vi.jpg

DSC03382-vi.jpg

DSC03383-vi.jpg

DSC03384-vi.jpg

^^I keep having to shake them out of my face though. I should have gotten them cut shorter.

My bangs make me want to cut my hair short and sport a short curly bob. Now, I don't know what I want to do with my hair. Bangs really do make an updo look fancier. I think I'll continue with the hair sticks and combs for now with the curly side bangs. I like how the bangs move and have personality.

@Toy, thanks for the gel recommendation. I bought the clear and the green one and only paid $2.99 for both and the containers are pretty big. Since I'm only using it on my bangs, these should last for a long time.

Last edited:
@jupitermoon,Pretty Love the Curlies..Please Please dont cut anymore your hair is beyond Gorgeous!!!

Toy, I'll try. Finger combing my bangs tonight were a breeze and they dried so quickly. The roots are completely dry except for a little patch in the center that's still slightly damp, but the length of my bangs have been dry for about a good hour or so now. The length of my hair is so thick that it takes well over 24 hours to completely dry. That's why I only wash it once a week. But the bangs dried so fast. If all of my hair were this short it would dry so fast and combing wouldn't take as long.

@Toy, I'll try. Finger combing my bangs tonight were a breeze and they dried so quickly. The roots are completely dry except for a little patch in the center that's still slightly damp, but the length of my bangs have been dry for about a good hour or so now. The length of my hair is so thick that it takes well over 24 hours to completely dry. That's why I only wash it once a week. But the bangs dried so fast. If all of my hair were this short it would dry so fast and combing wouldn't take as long.

jupitermoon,Please try Hard:grin:

@Toy, I will, but I haven't had hair this short in ages and this is fun. :lol: I forgot just how fast short hair dried and how extremely easy it is to comb.

@Toy, I will, but I haven't had hair this short in ages and this is fun. :lol: I forgot just how fast short hair dried and how extremely easy it is to comb.

jupitermoon Ok then,let me quit being selfish like its my hair do what makes u happy..Your hair will always be Beautiful Short or long.:grin:

Pretty bangs jupitermoon. I've been wanting some shorter layers at the front for a while now. I might just take the plunge at my next salon visit.

Here's a near classic-length inspiration of the type 3 persuasion: link.

Last edited:
Jupitermoon - I'm really liking the bangs:yep: Sometimes a little change is all we need to update our look & enjoy our hair again. I hope you stop there because I love your hair & its length. I am no where near your length but will be getting my hair cut soon which probably leave me @ wsl or mbl :look:

Jupitermoon - I'm really liking the bangs:yep: Sometimes a little change is all we need to update our look & enjoy our hair again. I hope you stop there because I love your hair & its length. I am no where near your length but will be getting my hair cut soon which probably leave me @ wsl or mbl :look:

schipperchow1, why are you cutting? What happened? :(

Jupitermoon I really like your curly bangs. I am going to try your reggie. I just ordered some giovanni to try during my transition. Your hair is beautiful and so is your makeup.

@jupitermoon - Your bangs are cute and I am glad you are happy!:yep: But you shouldn't inspire others to cut there hair. We inspire others to keep their loc's as much as possible.

@Candy828, you're right. I guess I'm pushing a little too hard. :lol: That's what I do when I really like something. I really needed the change. But I am going against the hair growing rules. :nono:

Back