Classic case: woman ready, man dragging his feet

You should move out and insist that the next time you move it it would be with a wedding band on.

Ok, so actually - I’m "the friend" - had a hissy fit at him about the whole marriage thing a few days ago, then this morning i ended up suggesting we break up mainly based on the overwhelming ‘he’s not that into you’ comments most of you fed back - at which point he told me that he had planned to send me to Paris with a friend who’s number he got out of my phone. Then he was gonna turn up and propose, plus he said that he had called our landlord, who is a friend of his, to ask about where to get the ring - i guess i ruined it. Whoops...!

I think that your concern was a legitamite one. So from what he said, he's on his way to buy a ring and propose right.:look:

Move the hell on. He doesn't want her or to get married. When men really see a future with you and want you they lock it down quick. There will be a real committent. He simply doesn't want and her and she needds to leave the relationship and take time to heal before jumping into another relationship. Like Dedan Tolbert says it's doesn't take someone until 5:00 pm to know what kind of day it's going to be( sunny, cold, etc) one knows relatively early in their day!

Sorry, that is bunk. A man that wants to marry a woman just does it. Period.

Um exactly. I can gurantee you too men who are with women for an extended period of time with no real committment he's cheating and smashing something else on the side.

I agree with you on the communication thing - cos there are definitely things he could have said to be more reassuring - i think he could have more firmly said "trust me, i have it all planned" and even given me a certain look, and i probably would have shut up and left it at that. Also my suggestion that my birthday should be combined with an engagment party (i know i left that bit out) was probably also taking it a step too far - he doesn't like to be told how/when to do things like that, which meant he was resisting against the whole thing even more...

Hun, most men don't like to be told what to do 'directly', we women just have to learn how to plant the information in their heads:look:
Glad you are feeling much better about the situation

Hmmmm I think your blow up scared him a bit. He probably realized that you won't be waiting for him forever. I think it's good that you brought it up and he knows where you stand.

BTW I knew this was about you and not your friend :giggle:

Hmmmm I think your blow up scared him a bit. He probably realized that you won't be waiting for him forever. I think it's good that you brought it up and he knows where you stand.

BTW I knew this was about you and not your friend :giggle:

LunadeMiel - Yeh i think it was a wake up call for him - he knows where my heads at now. Lol - yep, there's usually never a friend... ;)

Ask your friend to see if he called her to discuss his plans.

I will ask her, but even if he never got that far, he knows what he has to do in the not too distant future - he finishes his masters degree soon, so he'll have plenty of head space to come up with a plan.

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I'm going back to being a lurker of the relationship forum now.

Last edited:
Back