Check out my Cousins' Hair!!!

Re: Check out my Cousins\' Hair!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Dabur Amla is very oily and erm... fragrant.
grin.gif
You'll probably want to shampoo it out. It doesn't smell bad--just very sweet and LOUD. Like bergamot on steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
thanks i'll probably only add a wee bit after rinsing then
wink.gif
Thanks again -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

I always leave mine in after washing Jainygirl
smile.gif

@Sassygirl - my hubby says it smells like melted hairgrease
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to know that someone else already does it this way
smile.gif
I hope my results are good also, i sure would like that shine. Thanks Armyqt
wink.gif
-- jainygirl

Wow, thanks for posting. They have a lot of hair. If this isn't inspiration to use alma oil, I don't know what is! :-)

I KNOW!!! I AGREE WITH YOU AND MS KENESHA! BEAUIFUL HAIR BUT WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME AND KINDA OF CREEPY! I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH ALL OF THAT! BRA STRAP LENGHT IS ALL I WANT!!!
smile.gif

They have beautiful hair..Amla oil, huh?!
scratchchin.gif

I went to the website for that particular oil, but I don't see where you can buy it there. Where can you buy the oil, I'm interested in purchasing it?...Thanks in advance

As for the Amla oil, my cousins apply it after they shampoo their hair and they leave it in until it's time to shampoo again. The smell does eventually go away, but when you've used it all your life, the smell isn't a huge factor. At night, they make a braid and they hang it over the bed. They know how to sleep in it so no chance of them choking!!!

LMAO at the creepiness factor! God blessed them with gorgeous hair, what's creepy about that? My mother had hair that long until she moved to the States. Only a few women could handle hair that long and they are one of the few! When I told them how many women on here, including myself were trying to achieve bra strap or waist length, they thought it was kinda funny. But it's all relative, depending on which part of the world you are coming from!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD GRIEF! That is some long behind hair, but it's gorgeous, and if they can handle it, more power to them!

[ QUOTE ]
At night, they make a braid and they hang it over the bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm worried about my hair touching cotton sheets and the backs of chairs and sofas. If it were that long I would have to have satin carpet!

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
WOWZA!
shocked.gif
I want long hair, but I don't know if I could handle all that. One day I was on the train and I saw a woman with 4B NATURAL hair that was that long, my eyes nearly popped out of my head!

[/ QUOTE ]
See, THAT'S why I need to get me a camera phone... I would have BEEN taken a picture of that if I ever saw it
laugh.gif

Thanks CaramelKiss for sharing those pictures! Absolutely lovely! I hope we see more long-hared pics on here because that's kinda the goal of this site! BTW, what do they wash their hair with?

wow...thats so awesome growth...i cant even imagine having hair that long...I've been thinking bout getting some alma oil, and this might push me to buy some!

Now, THAT's what I'm talking about. The point isn't the length and managing it, the point is the evidence of it happening and the strength of the hair to grow to that lenght. Awesome!

I have always liked Amla oil but do not use regularly but will start now. I use it as a hot oil treatment.

WOW!!!!! I stop using the amla hair oil because of the smell, who cares about the smell now I am starting back today! What beautiful hair--wow!

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
WOWZA!
shocked.gif
I want long hair, but I don't know if I could handle all that. One day I was on the train and I saw a woman with 4B NATURAL hair that was that long, my eyes nearly popped out of my head!

[/ QUOTE ]
See, THAT'S why I need to get me a camera phone... I would have BEEN taken a picture of that if I ever saw it
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had one too, everyone on the train was STARING so hard at her
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
At night, they make a braid and they hang it over the bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm worried about my hair touching cotton sheets and the backs of chairs and sofas. If it were that long I would have to have satin carpet!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

CaramelKiss your cousins' hair are
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
lovely

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
WOWZA!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How did she have it styled? Knee-length hair is okay if the hair hangs straight, and is not too thick & heavy. I don't think I could handle that much hair, either.

Carmelkiss what texture is your cousins' hair? It looks AWESOME! Just give me half the hair the got and I'ma be singing Diana Ross ***I'm coming out....
bdance.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
WOWZA!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How did she have it styled? Knee-length hair is okay if the hair hangs straight, and is not too thick & heavy. I don't think I could handle that much hair, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

She had half of it up in a ponytail and the other half down, it didn't look like it was pressed either which is why there were so many stares, it looked like at the most she used a warm blowdryer if even that. I can't imagine how long it would have been if it was pressed!
shocked.gif

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW THAT IS AMAZING< I WISH I HAD ONE SIXTH OF HER HAIR!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
As for creepy, my cousins are from India and if you ever get a chance to go there, you will see that 90% of the women have waist hair length or longer but unfortunately, most of them wear it up in a bun.

[/ QUOTE ] I went to India in college (had to see the Taj Mahal for myself
smile.gif
) and it's true all the women it seemed had long long long hair, I saw a lot of single braided ponytails too. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
Carmelkiss what texture is your cousins' hair? It looks AWESOME! Just give me half the hair the got and I'ma be singing Diana Ross ***I'm coming out....
bdance.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

Okay, let me stop laughing for a sec. Both have a type 1 hair texture. Off topic, but my cousin's baby has curly hair (type 2) which is surprising because her dad also has straight hair too. She was telling me that her daughter hates having her hair combed. I suggested using a wide tooth comb and baby loves it because it's so gentle. Anyhow, I suspect as her hair gets longer it will straighten out a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
As for creepy, my cousins are from India and if you ever get a chance to go there, you will see that 90% of the women have waist hair length or longer but unfortunately, most of them wear it up in a bun.

[/ QUOTE ] I went to India in college (had to see the Taj Mahal for myself
smile.gif
) and it's true all the women it seemed had long long long hair, I saw a lot of single braided ponytails too. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, how long were u in India for and which part??

I'm glad you affirmed what i said! It's the norm over there!!
grin.gif

CK I was only there for 3 weeks, I stayed at the Fort Aguada Beach Resort where I had a little bungalow over-looking the ocean. It was precious. Unfortunately between my flight, and lodging I didn't have much left over for food
shocked.gif
But I'd do it again under the same circumstances in a heartbeat. The Taj Mahal was the only touristy location I got to go to. I'd like to go back one day. The only drawback was that I got lost a lot.

Back