*~*Celibacy Support Thread*~*

I cant wait to fully get some, im still a virgin and my hormones are raging..all I think about is :look:

Don't sweat it you can't miss what you never had!

I made a conscious decision to lose my virginity because I suspected that if I didn't do it then I would end up holding on to it and getting stuck with it til I was like "well I might as well wait until marriage now." I am on the fence as to whether or not that reasoning still holds... like why I wanted to NOT wait until marriage? Why do I find that to be valid? (I still see the validity in that...)

Its still easy breezy for me right now. I will be coming up on a year soon. I don't even have a prospect for a date, much less for anything else. Just focusing on goals, getting my ish together, exploring the city, and doing all the ish I've ever wanted to do/learn.

All I'm really ready for right now is some casual chill stuff, grab some food, some light chatting/socializing. I can't even imagine having sex with anyone this year.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night I was gettin it in with someone..Thats usually my signal that Im overdue..*sigh* I think I will head over to the Grown Woman store after work and see what catches my eye..

Can I join?? My name is NC Cutie and I have been celibate since my son was 4.....he's 10. I am waiting for God's Choice.....I hope I can make it. Lately it has been hard..and uur I mean that!!

Hi world...my name is Itsjusthair88 and there are 2 things I LOVE in this world: shopping and...ahem, coloring. I am removing myself from both. I have been celibate now for 59 days and in the past have gone up to 6 months...my "quirk"? I don't "color" by myself...IDK why, I just don't...I don't have intimacy or sexual issues, I have been to a sex therapist, read books, etc. I am actually fine without "coloring" by myself...I have decided to stop "coloring" and shopping because I have begun doing both for the wrong reasons and to a certain extent, to the detriment of myself and my goals. I'm afraid of commitment, so I'm not looking for a relationship, but I want to take a long and hard (no pun intended) look at the next "kang" I color with...and the next dress I buy, lol.

Hope to say solo for the rest of the year and no frivolous shopping until I reach a size 14...pray for me

I NEED to color! I have been celibate for over 13 years (that's right) and will remain so until I am married. I do get a spit shine every now and then, but it is very well known that is as far as it goes; so thank you and good night! It was always my plan to be a virgin for my wedding night. However, my first love talked me into sex by coming at me from all directions daily for months on end. We were together for four years, he had me convinced we were getting married and I was ruining our honeymoon by making us wait. We'd waste that entire trip stuck in our suite exploring each other instead of visiting the tropical location. Yea, HE got married, to someone else! I digress, the important part aside from the religious aspect was I just wasn't ready. I try to live without regrets, so I choose to learn from my mistakes. I get so emotional when I am that intimate with someone and then when it ends, I feel horrible about myself.

I did not completely feel right sharing my spirit with my man since he was not my husband. Needless to say, I finally decided if I wanted to change the outcome I had to adjust my approach. I went back to my original plan and honestly it has not been difficult for me. I am getting to the point where I just want someone to share my life with in all aspects. Who cares what you have if you are alone (when you do not want or need to be). I keep hearing good things about Houston, so I need to get a fabulous job down there and meet my very own king.

I never thought geography would deter my potential husband, but the fact of the matter is the well is dryer than dry in this location. I gave it an excellent try but this is no way to live.

Pray for me as I will for you.

Mo' Hair!

^^^What area are you in now?

That is so messed up about your ex, glad you seem to still have a positive attitude and just learned the lesson and moved on.

Sin City!

No harm no foul, we were very young! I had no idea guys will say ANYTHING :look: to get the cookies. I am huge on fathers being around for their kids to teach them the things they should know. Heaven, PARENTS need to be engaged with the little souls they bring into the world! I had no guidance so I can't be too mad at him giving his hormones a voice!

But thank you, I try to live as positively as I can. Less wrinkles, ulcers and it just takes too much energy to hold on to negativity!

Shoot I read a post saying that within four months I would be in a serious relationship upon relocating to Texas. I just need to find a job that pays what this one does!! :D

^^^I have a homegirl who just moved to TX, so we'll see if that happens for her. I used to think it was ridiculous to relocate to find a man. But now as I am older, I am seeing that if finding a mate is a big goal for someone and the prospects suck at their current locale, why not?

It is that time of the month for me and the urge to mate is driving me batty. I reallllly hate ovulation, i feel like a crazy woman right now:lol::nono:

I'm celibate and I'm all up in this coloring thread. Bad idea, because now I feel like the first line in that Jodeci song Freakin You. Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
It really doesn't help that the current object of my affection constantly talks about my lips and I just finished watching that instructional video. I think I'm having a "to everything there is a season" moment. :look:

I'm celibate and I'm all up in this coloring thread. Bad idea, because now I feel like the first line in that Jodeci song Freakin You. Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
It really doesn't help that the current object of my affection constantly talks about my lips and I just finished watching that instructional video. I think I'm having a "to everything there is a season" moment. :look:

@ text in bold, me too:lachen::lachen:

I've been celibate for maybe THREE years :shocked:. I cheat tho' :look:, maybe I should hit up that sex toy thread and "come out":lachen:. (Hold up, is this thread about abstaining from party-of-one coloring also? If so, the forces be with y'all cuz I could only go 2 weeks :nono: )

I'm currently sorta dating a dude who's having a hard time keeping his crayon in his pants...er...box. Men just aren't shy AT ALL, huh? Always so quick to whip it out :rolleyes:.

But I'm holding out for marriage, so help me :fistshake:.

Hello, I am dosidos, and really considering going back to being celibant...... Ugh, I dont want to stop but I need to... I am so conflicted.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

@ text in bold, me too:lachen::lachen:

I've been celibate for maybe THREE years :shocked:. I cheat tho' :look:, maybe I should hit up that sex toy thread and "come out":lachen:. (Hold up, is this thread about abstaining from party-of-one coloring also? If so, the forces be with y'all cuz I could only go 2 weeks :nono: )

I'm currently sorta dating a dude who's having a hard time keeping his crayon in his pants...er...box. Men just aren't shy AT ALL, huh? Always so quick to whip it out :rolleyes:.

But I'm holding out for marriage, so help me :fistshake:.

Um, no, I don't think so. Bc if it is, definitely count me out as well:look:

Hi, my name is *SkolarStar* and I like, coloring. It feels good! There are two things I love to do, that's eat and color. Thankfully I have a high metabolism so the eating doesn't take too bad of a toll on my body. But I know that I need to give the coloring a rest until I get in a relationship that's actually WORTH it. It's not like I color everything I see, but I mess up relationships with doing it too soon. (We're talking, we're kissing, he reaches the spot, and then it's a wrap.)

I have not colored for the past 7 months (mainly because I wasn't in the country and it was easier to hold off) and things are getting tough now that I'm back, I see all of these fine mens and I just wanna GO like Common.

There is a potential lined up that is just so fine. But I keep trying to tell myself, "No. Ms. Star don't do it because he has potential". But what can I do? He comes in town and is like, "come see me" and I'm thinking of every excuse in the book that I can. :nono:

In conclusion, I need help. I need to send my energy somewhere else. I started a topic about this before seeing this thread.

Imani to have more clarity in my relationships. Sex fogs my thinking.

Thats a really good reason and oh so true for most of us, its hard to think straight when you in the "sex haze" as I call it (or to get a little urban, "d*ckmatized":lol:) :yep:. So what is causing you to be conflicted?

Let this be a word of warning to my fellow participants

I was in the middle of "Me" time last night when my batteries died..I ran around the house looking for an extra set of batteries, taking ones out of the remote to the tv, the radio, etc..But guess what, they were all the wrong size:sad:
Please keep a supply on backup so you wont have to suffer like I did..I almost broke that emergency glass and called up on something but I resisted..arent yall proud of me??:look::ohwell::perplexed

^^^^ :rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm so proud of you

I'm not doing well and I've made a commitment to myself that I won't have relations again until I'm in a loving committed relationship. So this is self-inflicted torture and I'm tryin to speed this relationship stuff up. I was thinking hopefully it would happen around this NYE, then I moved it up to my bday, now I'm thinkin maybe his bday in Sept. if we still know each other by then....I just want to sit in the corner and cry I can't take this....

Let this be a word of warning to my fellow participants

I was in the middle of "Me" time last night when my batteries died..I ran around the house looking for an extra set of batteries, taking ones out of the remote to the tv, the radio, etc..But guess what, they were all the wrong size:sad:
Please keep a supply on backup so you wont have to suffer like I did..I almost broke that emergency glass and called up on something but I resisted..arent yall proud of me??:look::ohwell::perplexed

Lol, I thought the majority use AA, which is always the same as the remote. Or a digital camera. When I was using BOB all the time, thats where I'd go to get batteries. :lol: Lately tho I've just been been fingerpainting so don't have that issue.

Also don't have the issue of being tempted to call anyone. Not a soul to call, lol. I mean, not one.

-My ex lives in the same area I do, but is ultra boo'd up and we didn't end on the best terms with loss of affection being an issue near the end.

-The guy I dated before him is way back down south and is married now.

-There's another guy in the area I used to color with back in college, nice crayon, he was good at coloring too, def top 3. But he's such an @sshole with so many issues I'm super straight on that.

And I have yet to meet any fresh meat as of yet. Haven't been on a date or even exchanged numbers with anyone in almost a year.

Back