*~*Celibacy Support Thread*~*

p Why don't you actually date? I don't know your reasons for celibacy but for Christians we marry so we can fulfill that desire...so if you find a good man you marry him and partake. So are you not otherwise compatible?

I think we are compatible except for religion which has always been a factor for me. My goal as a Christian is to date for marriage and fulfill that desire. But like you mentioned in your previous post it's hard when we have two different reasons for celibacy.

I think we are compatible except for religion which has always been a factor for me. My goal as a Christian is to date for marriage and fulfill that desire. But like you mentioned in your previous post it's hard when we have two different reasons for celibacy.

OK, then that makes sense. In that case I wholeheartedly agree with your decision to stop seeing him. There's nothing worse then getting stuck on someone when there's a huge issue like religion. If you ever feel weak google the woes of Christian women who chose not to marry Christian...

I woke up with morning with a huge smile on my face!! I had a dream about me being engaged, and me and my fiancé were having a wonderful time (laughing and joking) getting ready for our wedding :grin:! I went back to sleep and got the follow up to that dream: our wedding night! I had stayed strong, and we stayed celibate until this night!! If this is the man I'll be with if I remain celibate and work on myself (gaining discipline in all aspects of my life), it will be worth every moment I decide to take the hard road instead of giving up. I love when the Universe sends me such a straightforward message :lol:.

I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you ladies sooooooo much for the support. As I took your advice and let him go and prayed and reminded myself about why I wanted to remain celibate. Low and Behold this past weekend I met someone else who's celibate for the same reasons as me and we seemed to hit it off, we are suppose to be going out on a date Friday night.

I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you ladies sooooooo much for the support. As I took your advice and let him go and prayed and reminded myself about why I wanted to remain celibate. Low and Behold this past weekend I met someone else who's celibate for the same reasons as me and we seemed to hit it off, we are suppose to be going out on a date Friday night.

YAY!!!! I am so happy for you.

Solila :hiya2: Yes girl, I'm still on track! Thanks for checking.The support is always appreciated. I've been keeping myself busy and so forth; and when moments of loneliness set in I just let it take its course. It tends to visit every now and then. :spinning:
How are you doing?

Oh okay, lol. Well mine was an overall lifestyle change (spiritually/religiously based)...and it's until marriage.:yep:

Oh okay, lol. Well mine was an overall lifestyle change (spiritually/religiously based)...and it's until marriage.:yep:

Smiley79 Oh wow, I had just assumed it was until marriage. I didn't know it was spiritual as well. That's a major lifestyle change. If you don't mind me asking, are you close to the goal? PM me if you'd like.

I had a couple days of really really naughty thoughts :lol:. I went through a mental list of all the things and people I haven't tried yet, and how I'll be missing out if I remain celibate :look:. Then I realized how ridiculous that was, and how that's not going to be my journey to happiness. I'm realizing more and more that I over-complicate what I actually want. Deep down in my heart, I am such a simple person :yep:

Found this on Essence while browsing articles. It is a faith based site for anyone who is currently Celibate or those considering becoming Celibate.

Just be careful because there are plenty of wolves in sheep's clothing hiding behind faith or just on the prowl lying about being Celibate. The site is free.

http://www.blackcelibacy.com/

Checking in...still strong as well...I cant even track how long it's been. I guess it doesnt matter anyways. When it's time to break the celibacy, you can find me in the married folks thread, lol.

I fell off, bad, but that creeping feeling that I was not doing right by God came back with a vengeance :nono:. I confessed to my bf, and at first he was confused. But then he told me that he could be celibate until marriage, and that he would prefer doing it that way anyway!!

I'm being realistic and cautious, but I can't believe I found a man who takes the junk I throw at him with such grace. Even if it doesn't last, right now I feel

:yahoo:

I feel so thankful and blessed :angel2:

Checking in...still strong as well...I cant even track how long it's been. I guess it doesnt matter anyways. When it's time to break the celibacy, you can find me in the married folks thread, lol.
:yep: Good for you. I broke off an engagement (gasp) and I'm still celibate until marriage :look:. If that's not willpower I don't know what is.:lachen: My relatives think I'm crazy. But hey I'm not just trying to marry anyone just to have sex. I want to stay married (which is most important) and/or at least have the best chance to stay married...and with his mom (overbearing too many times and him not stepping in)...I could see it wasn't going to end well. We are still friends, and he wants to prove to me that he can be husband material. BUT I am NOT waiting around....if we are meant to be we will, if not I believe the right and perfect person (for me, perfect for me, not perfect so to speak) is on his way. I believe I will find the right guy soon and will be married soon. So let's just see what God (the universe) has in store.

I've been going strong for a few months now...

After my last encounter, I was left feeling empty. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I did anyway. I was upset at first, but then thankful because that man showed his true colors...he wasn't for me. I'm glad that he was removed from my life. I no longer question his absence. I'm going to try my best and remain celebate until marriage.

I've had to cut a lot of things out of my life (some music, movies, people, etc.) and rely on my faith a lot during this journey. Some of my friends think that I'm crazy...that I should just go ahead and get a man and get laid. However, I don't just want any man. Sure, I can go get a man...that's not a problem. I want the RIGHT man though, the one that was ordained by God. I'll wait for him.

Congrats to all of you ladies for keeping on track and dedicated to your decision. It's definitely not easy at times so kudos to you all for upholding your personal vow of celibacy.

Back