Caruso Rollers 101

I was just thinking about jumping on the bandwagon after seeing Gabbana girl's beautiful results but I am probably going to get a sew in put in during the next 2-3 weeks. Has anyone ever used them on weave, and if so do you do anything differently? TIA

I was just thinking about jumping on the bandwagon after seeing Gabbana girl's beautiful results but I am probably going to get a sew in put in during the next 2-3 weeks. Has anyone ever used them on weave, and if so do you do anything differently? TIA

I haven't used these rollers, but I'm sure you can use it with weaves the same way. You can usually do anything you can do with your real hair to a weave (rollerset, twistouts, braidouts, etc) The same process would be involved.

I love these rollers. They are the best thing and I love the curls. I steam mine for about 6 seconds, sometimes I may steam the caps for about 4, let them sit for about 20 mintues, take them out and let it sit for another 5-10 minutes if I feel any moisture and then finger comb the curls. It leaves luxurious curls, my favorite new "toy"!

Thanks Edeise! I hope you don't mind it looks like you will be my go to person over the next few months! :yep:

Here's a link to her Fotki:

http://public.fotki.com/bronzeg/ (You have to log in to see the pictures)

Her hair grew so much!

I just saw her caruso video. She waited an hour before she took it out. I dont have caruso's but I have the vidal sasson steam set and I would take them out within 10 to 15 mins and the curls would be set but her hair is much longer than mine, maybe thats why.

I dont think I'll be using my steam rollers until my hair gets longer. It just wasn't coming out the way I liked.

Yay! this thread got bumped up. I love Caruso rollers. I use them to maintain my style throughout the week after I've flat ironed.

Lately I've been air drying my hair and then doing a Caruso set. When its too curly I wrap it for a smoother look.

I'm trying my carouso steam rollers for the first time today. I'm airdrying and will remove excess water from my rollers. I sure hope it comes out okay. Hopefully my steam rollerset will last throughout Thanksgiving. :yep:

^^^Good Luck! But I seriously doubt you'll need it! I love mine (as you can see in my siggy), best $40 I've ever spent n my hair!
ETA: Don't forget to hook us up here with pictures!!!:lick:

Ordered The Caruso rollers from the States and they arrived a few days ago. I was going to wait for the weekend to experiment with them, but the wet weather soon forced my hand.
Although the postage was more than the product, it is worth every penny. I added half a cap of lottabody and the set lasted the entire day. Quite surprising, considering it was quite humid yesterday.The only and minor fault, is the set was quite drying initially, however, the moisture in the air soon desipated that. The curls dropped abit during the day, but this just made the set look like a loose curl, instead of the tighter set curls I had left home with.
Thankyou, so much for recommending the product!

Ordered The Caruso rollers from the States and they arrived a few days ago. I was going to wait for the weekend to experiment with them, but the wet weather soon forced my hand.
Although the postage was more than the product, it is worth every penny. I added half a cap of lottabody and the set lasted the entire day. Quite surprising, considering it was quite humid yesterday.The only and minor fault, is the set was quite drying initially, however, the moisture in the air soon desipated that. The curls dropped abit during the day, but this just made the set look like a loose curl, instead of the tighter set curls I had left home with.
Thankyou, so much for recommending the product!

You added 1/2 cap of lottabody to the water in the steamer?

Just finished reading this whole thread... Does anyone still love these? Anymore tips for use on texlaxed hair?
TIA
...............................bump....................................

You can get end papers (very thin square sheets of paper) from your local BSS for about 2 bucks. They really reduce frizzing. Also, you may want to reduce the time you keep the curler on the steamer. I would suggest 30 seconds. Lastly, depending on what kind of moisturizer your use, it may make your curls limp or absorb too much moisture from the steamer. S-Curl is an example, your hair will not be able to allow the steam to evaporate if you use it first. So try limiting these types of moisturizers prior to using the Caruso. A light oil would probably work best. Good Luck! Once you get the hang of them, you will wonder where have they been all your life!
Can caruso's damage the hair in any way if you don't know what you're doing or are they pretty foolproof?

IDK divachyk it doesn't seem like many people are still using them and I wish I knew why. But there was nothing in the thread about damage. Though it did seem like there was some sort of learning curve. I am watching some utube vids if anyone mentions damage i'll let you know. :)

Can caruso's damage the hair in any way if you don't know what you're doing or are they pretty foolproof?

No - they are not damaging since you are using steam versus direct heat. As long as you follow the directions - there shouldn't be any problems.

If you don't know what you are doing - the worst I can see happening is that your hair does not hold the curls, frizziness, and/or still damp due to leaving the roller on the steamer too long...other than that the steam is more beneficial than using a flat/curling iron

No - they are not damaging since you are using steam versus direct heat. As long as you follow the directions - there shouldn't be any problems.

If you don't know what you are doing - the worst I can see happening is that your hair does not hold the curls, frizziness, and/or still damp due to leaving the roller on the steamer too long...other than that the steam is more beneficial than using a flat/curling iron
hey thx this sis.

IDK divachyk it doesn't seem like many people are still using them and I wish I knew why. But there was nothing in the thread about damage. Though it did seem like there was some sort of learning curve. I am watching some utube vids if anyone mentions damage i'll let you know. :)
i'll admit, i didn't read all of the pages. can we say busted.:giggle: do keep me posted sis. thx!

ETA: maybe the caruso rollers were the bizness sometime ago but was replaced by a new and improved hyped concept....things seem to go in cycles. or maybe we're just behind the power the curve...that's always my case, nothing new there.

Didn't read the whole thread...

I just wanted to pop in here to say that I am a texlax, use them successfully, and i HEART them.
They're still amazing. I just used it today for a bang that stayed all day.

Popping back out..

hey thx this sis.

i'll admit, i didn't read all of the pages. can we say busted.:giggle: do keep me posted sis. thx!

ETA: maybe the caruso rollers were the bizness sometime ago but was replaced by a new and improved hyped concept....things seem to go in cycles. or maybe we're just behind the power the curve...that's always my case, nothing new there.

Nah, nothing's really replaced the Caruso's as far as I've seen, it's just that with products like this there's only so many ways they can be used and threads that can rave about them before folks move on. It's not a new product that's taken over it's just that the hype has passed. I use mine everyother day to style my hair + it's a cheap way to do the steaming for my hair, lol.

Nah, nothing's really replaced the Caruso's as far as I've seen, it's just that with products like this there's only so many ways they can be used and threads that can rave about them before folks move on. It's not a new product that's taken over it's just that the hype has passed. I use mine everyother day to style my hair + it's a cheap way to do the steaming for my hair, lol.
I think Caruso's come with varying sizes of rollers, right? Did you make do with the rollers that come with it or did you buy more rollers so that you are using the same size rollers all over.

I think Caruso's come with varying sizes of rollers, right? Did you make do with the rollers that come with it or did you buy more rollers so that you are using the same size rollers all over.

The rollers come in varying sizes, 6 rollers for each size which range from Jumbo/Large, Medium, Small Plus, Small, and Petite. I believe you'll have to gage for yourself whether the rollers present within the kit will be sufficient but I do think it works well. The Jumbo's are probably better suited for very long hair so unless you have a LOT of hair you should be able to work with what's present in the kit.

I don't think you need to/should be using the same size rollers all over, some hair won't be long enough plus you're going for a style and you'll want some curls tighter while others should be more loose. I recently cut my hair and even with shorter hair I end up using the same rollers because the varying sizes work well.

I use them quite often. Probably a few times a week. I've been through about 3 Caruso steamers so I have a ton of rollers. Even though my hair is short, I prefer the jumbo and medium sized rollers.

LOVE my Caruso set. I'm on my second unit but I use them very often in cooler months. Besides my love henna, it's the best thing I've ever purchased for my hairl.

The rollers come in varying sizes, 6 rollers for each size which range from Jumbo/Large, Medium, Small Plus, Small, and Petite. I believe you'll have to gage for yourself whether the rollers present within the kit will be sufficient but I do think it works well. The Jumbo's are probably better suited for very long hair so unless you have a LOT of hair you should be able to work with what's present in the kit.
I hope to get my Caruso's sometimes this month. I will work with what's in the kit b/c you're right, all my hair isn't the same length...so I should be fine.

Back