Carol's Daughter's products are awesome

Re: Carol\'s Daughter\'s products are awesome

Not to mention that the representatives at the CD's website are very helpful. I emailed them to ask them questions about their products and asked for suggestions. They emailed me and were very helpful. I also ordered their hair milk and when I got the product, the ingredients separated. I emailed them and they wrote back giving suggestions to mix the product back together (mixing in water and refrigeration). And then they followed up with an email and told me that they would replace it. So I do love them!! There is a local store in the MD/DC area that sells the products, if anyone is interested.

[ QUOTE ]
DatJerseyDyme said:
I just tried it and I'm impressed..I hope this enough to combat the dry hair I've been having lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! How have I lived without this..it's everything you guys said it would be! I have pics in my album of what it did for my inch of NG.

DJD, I took a look at your pics and your newgrowth looks so good! Don't you just love that stuff!

I am thinking of buying HHB to get me through this Canadian winter.Is it only good for new growth or does it moisturize the whole head of hair really well?

It is awesome for every part of your hair! I makes my whole head of hair soft soft. My sister touched my hair yesterday and told me how soft it was.

I don't mean to keep bumping this thread..but I was just reminded that my WHITE roomate is even loving this stuff. I told her how moisturinzing it was and she put it on her skin and fell IN LOVE! I got it yesterday, and she's been saying that she wants some for her skin..so she searched all over and finally bought something comparable by Mary Kay..she said, "See, I told you I'd find that stuff!"

I wonder what the ingredients are for the product your roomate found and if it less expensive?

What she found was actually a moisturizer for the skin. She told me that it was similar (though not as heavy) but it wasn't made with natural ingredients.

Cd has some wonderful skin moisturizing products! I've also read that they are ok to use on hair esp for the people who do not like the smell of the HHB.

I love this thread and could talk about CD products all day!

Thanks.
smile.gif
I was hoping it was one of those cross over products.

sekret.gif
I'm going to get some of her products but I have to wait until the salons closest to me get it back in stock. That S&H is just to steep for me.
sekret.gif

Spagirl,

The shipping and handling absolutely sucks! The only thing I can guess is because some of the products are supposed to be refrigerated...that's why I ordered 3 products at once and got the largest sizes. I don't want to have to place another order for 3-4 months!

I have lots of Mary Kay products. Which product did your roommate get from Mary Kay DJD?

I checked my website (I sell Mary Kay) & I don't see that body butter at all. Are you sure it's Mary Kay? The only product that I can think of that might be comparable to the HHB is the Extra Emollient Night Cream. Was that it maybe?

Well,imma stay strong--I have not tried the HHB,kizzi,or the skin products as of yet and no matter how well praised they are I am not gonna be tempted to buy.Interesting though-when I started this thread so many of you all were sticking to your guns and not purchasing the products,but after a lil 'vincing, you all could not resist!! Well like I said,I am strong.....Oh God,I'm getting weak....Help!!I can smell the products through my monitor....

Did anyone notice that under the "customer service" icon at the CD website all the way at the bottom they list several retail location throughout the US where you can buy her products. I could've saved 10 dollars shipping, there is a place not even 15 minutes away from me
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Bubln,

If you're transitioning, you NEED healthy hair butter.
poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
whip.gif

That's how I found the one closes to me but the ran out of HHB.

This is a good option for those who can find one that's not too awfully far from them or not too far from the cities they normally go to shop.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Spagirl,

The shipping and handling absolutely sucks! The only thing I can guess is because some of the products are supposed to be refrigerated...that's why I ordered 3 products at once and got the largest sizes. I don't want to have to place another order for 3-4 months!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the rates regular UPS ground or is this a Federal Express type service?

Without perservatives I wouldn't want to buy locally that is if the local seller doesn't keep it refrigerated or if I don't get to the salon within days of them getting their shipment in. Or is that only a problem after the product has been opened.....or at all for that matter?
confused.gif

For those of you who use the yellow version. Does your HHB look like a paste mixture. I find it difficult to apply in this texture because it does not go on smoothly since it's in a paste form especially after being in the refrigerator. Any tips on soften up the mixture before applying to my hair
smile.gif

I just received my order of products! It only took 3 days and that's with a holiday! Strange - always took a week or more.
Anyhow, I took some pics of the different consistencies of hair butter. Luckily, I did get a creamy version - but it is yellowish...but I'm glad it's not the chunky version so I won't have to refrigerate it once I start using it.

Miosy, if you have the creamy version (can't tell b/c you say paste mixture and now i see it can be yellow and creamy, too), you really don't need to refrigerate it. To me, that would make it tough to apply to your hair. Or what you could do is microwave it for a few seconds to make it softer. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

[ QUOTE ]
Happy2BNappy said:
Not to mention that the representatives at the CD's website are very helpful. I emailed them to ask them questions about their products and asked for suggestions. They emailed me and were very helpful. I also ordered their hair milk and when I got the product, the ingredients separated. I emailed them and they wrote back giving suggestions to mix the product back together (mixing in water and refrigeration). And then they followed up with an email and told me that they would replace it. So I do love them!! There is a local store in the MD/DC area that sells the products, if anyone is interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bought mine from a store in detroit and when I got it home and tried to use it only the oil came out. I emailed them about what to do with it. I doubt they'll replace it since I bought it from a shop.
frown.gif

gvsugirl, My hair milk was separated with oil at first. Try microwaving it for a bit, then shake it, then refrigerate and let cool. I think that will turn it into a lotion consistency.

I have been a CD product user for over two years now. It has helped my grow my hair back after some serious scalp problems. I use the hair milk, which is great on natural hair when it is wet and also Some of Margarite's Magic. I recently brought the Kizzi and Tui deep conditioner. CD is a lifesaver.

Back