Carol's Daughter's products are awesome

Re: Carol\'s Daughter\'s products are awesome

bumping to hopefully get answers about Marguerite's Magic and Hair Balm...

I just heard on another site that emails were sent out to members that CD products will go through a price increase May 1, 2004. Sounds like we better stock up now if we want to get them at the lower price.

My stuff still has not come in yet...hopefully today.

I got that email yesterday too! That's why I want to hurry up and figure out what I should get.. I think I'm going to get the hair honey, HHB, Hair Milk and that Tui Shea hair smoothie.. join the club and then hopefully my stuff will be here by the 30th and then use that $25 gc for the other stuff that I want..

What did you order Pookeylou?

I got hair milk, Kromet oil (sp?), and CD Healthy hair butter.

Cannot wait until it gets here...although I dont know what I am going to do if I get hooked on the stuff. Shea butter and Woojee cream (free) is a WHOLE lot cheaper than her stuff...and if the price is going up too...I am up the creek without a paddle!

LOL.. I hear ya? I was eyeing that oil too.. I think it has an "H" in there somewhere..but it sounds good.. When did you order? Are they still really slow on their shipping? I hope not..I'm hoping to order by tomorrow..

I believe I ordered 3/29/04...they say it takes 7 to 10 days to make your stuff and I got FEDEX delivery.

Say a hair prayer for me...it may be on my front porch today.

You got Fedex eh? Was it alot extra? Did you get a tracking # yet or anything?? I hope it's there for you today.. I can't wait till you get your stuff and report on it.. 7-10 days isn't bad.. I can't wait to order...
lachen70.gif
clap.gif

It wasnt alot extra and you can actually check your order online...which reminds me...I need to go there and look and see what the deal is.

I will make sure to report back. I am a CD virgin...so I will be glad to give my perspective.

ETA: Dang...I got over anxious...I placed the order on 4/2/04! So it has only been 5 days. To get FEDEX was $8.00 and some change. Looks like I probably wont get it until this weekend...*sigh*.

FedEx was only $8 or do you mean $8 extra on top of the regular shipping.. in the catalogue.. nevermind..I just looked..I didn't realize that they normally ship fed ex anyway.. WHOO HOOO!! LOL I thought that was regular shipping and then fedex would be extra.. that's what I get for not paying attention.. Sorry you have to wait longer..but I'm sure it will be worth it.. I'm a CD vigin too!

Guess what was on the porch today!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

bouncy.gif
bouncy.gif

Ok...the hair milk looks scary! It looks seperated and congealed. It seems very thick...not like milk at all!

The Khoret Amen Hair oil smells delicious!

The hair butter...looks on the green side...like a dull yellow. It smells heavenly though. I wont use it until this Saturday...but someone hit me back about the hair milk...QUICK!

I love the smell of HHB!It smells so unique and herbally

COOL Pookeylou!! That was FAST!!!! I bet everything smells awesome..I think if you go back and look through the posts..people..like Hairlove and someone else..said what to do about the hairmilk..maybe shake it up and put it in the microwave.. I remember something about the microwave.. you'll find it if you do a search..I'm happy you got your goodies!! ENJOY!!
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Yes! Thanks...I will check this out.

[/ QUOTE ]

kewl im glad you got it...im gonna wait to hear your report back on them

I also just purchased yesterday the MHH and HM. I should be getting this wk or early next week. I have relaxed hair but I would to delay my touchups from every 2 months to 3.
Does anyone use the MHH on their scalp to soften the new growth?

I finally get to contribute to this thread! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

The CD Healthy Hair Butter is a wonderful product, I've finally found the ultimate creamy moisturizer! And it's awesome that the ingredients are all natural!

The Hair Milk is great too, it made my hair super shiny and a little goes a long way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm looking forward to trying the other products I bought and I can't wait to try more products from the line.

Yep, I'm still loving my CD products! I have no plans to ever let them go. Now that I've discovered that I don't "need" to be heavy-handed with them to get the same effect, the cost isn't an issue for me anymore!

I'm glad this thread resurfaced. When I was in NYC about 3 weeks ago, I went to the Carol's Daughter shop in Brooklyn. I bought about $80 worth of items and I told the casheir (a male) that I came all the way from Florida to get some Carol's Daughter products, and he gave me a free 8 oz. Mango and Aloe Shea Body Cream! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Perfect timing for thread. I intend to get my few X-mas/b'day gifts for my female fam/friends from CD...along
with a few things for myself.

Just mentally preparing myself...to go to Brooklyn... /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

An alternative to the strong smelling HHB and MHH are Asha's Mane Attraction and Sun Kissed Pomade. She also has a new lotion Coco De Leche that I'm waiting to try out and compare to the hair milk. Very high quality products.

http://www.ashasnaturals.com

I can't wait to try this stuff! When I take my braids down in a few weeks, I'll make sure I have some of the hair milk and HHB. I was going to buy the Curly Pudding and Curly Buttercreme advertised on Curve Salon's web site. But from what you guys are saying, Carol's Daughter stuff gives more bang for the buck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Question: have any of you ladies used the hair milk or HHB for flat ironing? Or would it be too heavy? Should I just use a seal & shine serum thingy instead?

The Hair Milk is nice for flatironing...makes the hair really silky. Use a light hand though.

That's it! I'm caving in and buying some CD products in the after the holidays......i'm trying to use all the other hair products I bought from joining this board, and it's alot.Geesh, you ladies are going to make me broke!

[ QUOTE ]
vickiepickles said:
I'm glad this thread resurfaced. When I was in NYC about 3 weeks ago, I went to the Carol's Daughter shop in Brooklyn. I bought about $80 worth of items and I told the casheir (a male) that I came all the way from Florida to get some Carol's Daughter products, and he gave me a free 8 oz. Mango and Aloe Shea Body Cream! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that was nice! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back