Carol's Daughter's products are awesome

Re: Carol\'s Daughter\'s products are awesome

So who actually refrigerates their HHB? I feel weird going into the fridge to get my 'hair grease'.

I have made the decision to transition so I just ordered the Healthy Hair Butter, Hair Milk, and Mimosa Hair Honey. I hope this helps!

i keep mine (creamy white) in the fridge because it recommends it on the label. it makes it more firm and less easy to overuse. and the smell is like lemongrass, but less so when refridgerated.
i REALLY want the hair milk. this and nexxus humectress are hopefully the last products ill buy to make my regimen complete.

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:
Ladies, if u've ordered HHB, please report which texture u recvd.... 1) creamy white vs 2) lumpy yellow...

Hairlove & I were discussing this... I'm just curious, that's all
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the creamy white one... I didn't know there was more than one type!

dance7.gif
I'm so happy I got my products today (seems so fast)! I had an hour b/4 work so I was just rubbing it all through my hair, just playin' with it like a kid with a Christmas gift
grin.gif
. I'll wash my hair and try them on for real and see how they work. The containers are so darn cute
smile.gif
(and the Mimoso had a little sunflower inside of it)

I think it's better that you get the smaller sizes to see if you like it in the first place. When I was dippin' into my 4 oz, I can imagine them lasting til' next Summer *crossing fingers*... it's just so condensed like that. What about your hair air drying--is that bad for the hair, or does it just not work for your hair?

I washed, used some and let it airdry and it turned out ok. I sooo hate the last 10 inches of my hair though because of the damage it has due to my last color application. The texture has changed and it really upsets me b/c I just want to chop it all off. But today I checked my reflection in a car window and my hair was just-a-glistenin!!!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
gvsugirl said:
So who actually refrigerates their HHB? I feel weird going into the fridge to get my 'hair grease'.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do. I take out an hour or so before I'm going to use it because I like it soft and creamy. Then I return it to the fridge.

Okay so I am 10 pages late on this discussion but I would really like to find out more about these products you guys are tripping out about, where can I find them?

[ QUOTE ]
babyblue113 said:
has anyone tried any of her body products...they sound good

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl,I want to try them so bad!! The Jamaican punch sounds good enough to drink
laugh.gif
and the Almond cookie sounds good enough to eat!! I bet they really moisturize and smell good. I remember when I made my first purchase, she gave me a free lip gloss that smells very good.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:
Ladies, if u've ordered HHB, please report which texture u recvd.... 1) creamy white vs 2) lumpy yellow...

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I've ordered it 4 times so far. The last three batches were creamier than the first one I received...but never lumpy yellow. Sounds like you got a bad batch. I'd call them and get them to exchange it.

i got the creamy kind as well. has anyone used the healthy hair butter before flat ironing/pressing? and what has been ur results?

[ QUOTE ]
sweetcocoa said:
[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I've ordered it 4 times so far. The last three batches were creamier than the first one I received...but never lumpy yellow. Sounds like you got a bad batch. I'd call them and get them to exchange it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa, My first two orders I received the lumpy watery yellow version. Only my last 16oz order did it come in white and creamy! I just love the creamy white version!!

Has anyone tried the Marguerite's Magic? I heard that the smell is better than HHB (though I don't mind it) and that it is a little lighter.

hmm... *thinking to myself:I wish I had 10"*!
grin.gif

That's great that the products are working for you. My hair looked the same though, but it feels a lot softer... even dried soft. You know, everyone seems to have a bad experience with color... but I wanna do it anyway
smile.gif
. Have you heard of coloring with Henna? That's what I plan on doing soon...

I'm glad to see everyone enjoying their products
smile.gif
Results (that I promised:
On my natural hair, the Hair Butter and Hair Milk worked like some kind of detangling cream/lotion; I rubbed them through my conditioner-washed hair while dripping wet, and combed. I heard much less to almost none of that pulling/snapping sound from my comb, and not much hair came out either *shrug*. The toughest part of combing my hair is getting to the ends, and I must say that these two really aided in that. Theh smell was a bit menthol-ish, which I was worried about since I was going to work. I smelled it all day, but it dies as the hair dries
smile.gif
. I also had no need for my regular products (leave-in cream, gel, shining oil, etc.)
The Mimoso to me looks like DAX (hair pomade). It's a very very thick, condensed cream you may find yourself scraping with your nail to pull some out. I took some and rubbed it over my already ponytailed hair. MAN this stuff smells good--JUST like Sherbert Ice Cream! It helped make my hair smell better from the butter, and added some sheen, which naturally died as my hair dried (ok, gotta stop with the rhyming).
The Amen oil spreads quick. I sectioned my hair to grease my scalp with it and an some time later my hair feels like it's been doused into the oil! Use it sparingly. The reason why I got it was from someone's online picture site where she mentioned it helped grow her hair. I also have dry scalp, and it aids in healing it.

Hope this helps, and enjoy...

Sweetyb, you are going to make me pull out my credit card and start ordering some more. I agree with the Hair Milk acting as a detanlger, I love it.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sweetcocoa said:
[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just recieved my HHB and it's the lumpy yellow type. I did try some on my new growth and it felt wonderful!
I was wondering if the yellow vs cream had to do with the mixing of the batch? Maybe a bit more of one ingredient vs the other?

I emailed Carol's Daughter yesterday to ask about the different versions of the healthy hair butter. Here is what they said:

We truly appreciate you voicing your appreciation of our products. Unfortunately, they is no way to guarantee that you will receive a "whiter" Healthy Hair Butter with your next order. The reason for the variation in the Heathly Hair Butter is due to variations in the shea butter that we use, somestimes the shea butter is a little lighter, other times it is more yellowish, the ingredient amount and production process is the same.

Unfortunately, they didn't address the level of creaminess versus the chunkiness of the yellow version. So, both work the same but I just find the white creamy version easier to deal with since I don't need to refrigerate it and it doesn't drip from my hands as I try to apply it.

Alrighty...heading on over to CD to place my order...

{Sigh}

I just spent $55 bucks on CD Products but I knew I would. I thought about it over the weekend and made the decision. I bought Marguerite's Magic ($14), 8oz bottle of Hair Milk ($14.00), and a 16oz jar of Healthy Hair Butter ($16.50). And the shipping charges were a whopping 10 bucks - good grief!

But, I'm all set now. Really, I mean it this time.
smile.gif

You go girl! What a way to make a girl lose her inhibitions! No, not really...

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
What is the difference between the hair milk and the hair honey?

[/ QUOTE ]
The hair milk is a liquid moisturizer. The honey is similar to pomade and resembles ampro curl wax,without un-natural ingredients.

Thanks for getting that info on the differences in the texture of HHB. I was trying to call earlier but no one answered since mine is the yellow version, I almost thought something was wrong w/ it.

I just tried it and I'm impressed..I hope this enough to combat the dry hair I've been having lately.

Back