Cancer Men?

EricaJoyce

So I am a Virgo and I've been dating a cancer for a few months now. So far so good but it's still new. I was just wondering if any of you have some advice.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed! I searched for a Cancer man thread and found nothing!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=307327&highlight=cancer+men

Here is one. There is another one, I'll find it :).

Edited to add: this is the only one I believe. The other thread had a title about cancer men but didn't talk about them forreal. I never dated a cancer. They seem kind of too soft for my fiery sun and airy moon. I can only do the scorpios as far as water signs.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
sensitive family oriented men, but can be very aloof. i mean they just dip for no reason only to return as if nothing ever happened. ive been in this on and off deal with one since my teenaged years.

Very emotional, judgemental at times. They talk without a filter so just be prepared for whatever they say.

Sexual chemistry is crazy but I'm a cancer woman so I definately dont think its a good idea for 2 cancers to get together. Emotions running all high which can be great in the bedroom but outside of that is rough

I am a Cancerian woman and I don't date Cancerian men. It just doesn't work. I don't think all can be the same depending on what decanate and what their moon sign is but, nah I'm good.

never again. drama crazy angry paranoid depressed clingy jealous manipulative moody

They r romantic and traditional but the good has never outweighed the bad for me. I'm a libra by the way.

As a Cancer I'd advise against it. Virgo & Cancer don't go well. Unless you are prepared to be in constant contact with this guy. My Cancer ex was needy. His new girlfriend does EVERYTHING for him. Very emotional and very loving. Our relationship was very volatile. I loved every minute of it though lol

So far, I'm definitely seeing the romantic side. He is extremely romantic and I'm just not used to it at all. Its almost awkward.

He has told me that he falls love very easily and once admitted to being jealous when he saw another guy chatting me up. I'm a bit nervous cause he's my next door neighbor (Like, right next door. We share a wall and err'thang lol). But I do like him and I hope he's not crazy. I dated an Aries before. He couldn't be crazier than that!!!

mallysmommy said:
sensitive family oriented men, but can be very aloof. i mean they just dip for no reason only to return as if nothing ever happened. ive been in this on and off deal with one since my teenaged years.

This! My DH is a cancer. It's like you wrote this post about him. He's sensitive (not in a feminine sort of way, I've never seen him cry), secretive, very hard to open up, but very into family and very sweet. He's not exactly romantic, but really thoughtful. I'm a Scorpio and I think we balance each other out very well.

EricaJoyce said:
So far, I'm definitely seeing the romantic side. He is extremely romantic and I'm just not used to it at all. Its almost awkward.

He has told me that he falls love very easily and once admitted to being jealous when he saw another guy chatting me up. I'm a bit nervous cause he's my next door neighbor (Like, right next door. We share a wall and err'thang lol). But I do like him and I hope he's not crazy. I dated an Aries before. He couldn't be crazier than that!!!

sorry...cancers take the cake for crazy... and they have stalker tendencies.

Because they tend to be moody

Very emotional, judgemental at times. They talk without a filter so just be prepared for whatever they say.

Sexual chemistry is crazy but I'm a cancer woman so I definately dont think its a good idea for 2 cancers to get together. Emotions running all high which can be great in the bedroom but outside of that is rough

Supposedly, they are crazy.

:look: And I say this as a Cancer woman. :look:

I am a Cancerian woman and I don't date Cancerian men. It just doesn't work. I don't think all can be the same depending on what decanate and what their moon sign is but, nah I'm good.

As a Cancer I'd advise against it. Virgo & Cancer don't go well. Unless you are prepared to be in constant contact with this guy. My Cancer ex was needy. His new girlfriend does EVERYTHING for him. Very emotional and very loving. Our relationship was very volatile. I loved every minute of it though lol

Im a cancer and i agree with the bolded. :look:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=307327&highlight=cancer+men

Here is one. There is another one, I'll find it :).

Edited to add: this is the only one I believe. The other thread had a title about cancer men but didn't talk about them forreal. I never dated a cancer. They seem kind of too soft for my fiery sun and airy moon. I can only do the scorpios as far as water signs.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

OMG! read through that entire thread. I am so scared now!
:lol:

No bueno! We are right next door to eachother! It is still early in the relationship, and he is really trying very hard to not call too much or hang out too much. He seems totally normal right now!

This! My DH is a cancer. It's like you wrote this post about him. He's sensitive (not in a feminine sort of way, I've never seen him cry), secretive, very hard to open up, but very into family and very sweet. He's not exactly romantic, but really thoughtful. I'm a Scorpio and I think we balance each other out very well.

I agree with this. My DH is also a cancer and I'm a true scorp. Moody as hayel and very hard to open up but loves his family.

I'd agree with the others, it's a lot of work and I'll leave it at that.:ohwell:

My exDH was a Cancer. He had issues with getting worked up over the smallest things but would not bat an eye over the major things.

EricaJoyce said:
No bueno! We are right next door to eachother! It is still early in the relationship, and he is really trying very hard to not call too much or hang out too much. He seems totally normal right now!

Majority of people seem normal at first lol. I'm just kiddin around but seriously be extra careful with a neighbor since if things dont work out he lives in such closw proximity.

Also all the cancers I had liked to move the relationship along very quickly. It was flattering at first until I saw the trend that they moved things fast to get a commitment from me before I could see them for who they really were.

Watch for signs of depression. They tend to pull away for a few days to hide it but it can only be hidden but so long. When they are upset there is nothing you can say to calm them down. Everything is your fault & you are 100% guilty of whatever foul deed they accuse you of. Also Ive found them to emotionally abusive & very mean when they get in one of those horrible moods.

The horrible mood starts off happening maybe once a month. With time it becomes once a week. And it can last for days at a time. Mad, angry, volatile, silent treatment, mean & all for no appearant reason. It just pops up out the blue.

But I'm not a water sign so I couldnt take it, another Cancer, a scorpio or pisces probably understand how to deal with them. Being in a relationship with that sort of Cancer makes me feel ill, literally. I'm a libra. I need things light easy and breezy.

But for me they make great guy friends.

Majority of people seem normal at first lol. I'm just kiddin around but seriously be extra careful with a neighbor since if things dont work out he lives in such closw proximity.

Also all the cancers I had liked to move the relationship along very quickly. It was flattering at first until I saw the trend that they moved things fast to get a commitment from me before I could see them for who they really were.

Watch for signs of depression. They tend to pull away for a few days to hide it but it can only be hidden but so long. When they are upset there is nothing you can say to calm them down. Everything is your fault & you are 100% guilty of whatever foul deed they accuse you of. Also Ive found them to emotionally abusive & very mean when they get in one of those horrible moods.

The horrible mood starts off happening maybe once a month. With time it becomes once a week. And it can last for days at a time. Mad, angry, volatile, silent treatment, mean & all for no appearant reason. It just pops up out the blue.

But I'm not a water sign so I couldnt take it, another Cancer, a scorpio or pisces probably understand how to deal with them. Being in a relationship with that sort of Cancer makes me feel ill, literally. I'm a libra. I need things light easy and breezy.

But for me they make great guy friends.

The bolded is soooo on point with my cancer ex. He was very much emotionally abusive. He would be cruel at times but if you threaten to leave the relationship he is begging you to stay. At one point this ni99a was crying (yes real tears pouring) trying to get me to stay and continue to put up with his arse.

I'm sorry as a Cancer woman I already have an emotional side. Don't need an emotional man too. We just don't mix :nono:

I forgot I made this thread! So far still good! But really it'll be a month tomorrow. (Official) He is meeting my friends for the first time next week. Well see what happens then!

I really like him guys! Wish me luck!

Wow, this thread gives me more sight about my husband. I swear that I was the only one dealing with a man like this. I have been with my husband for 13 years and he is a Cancer. Just that anything can trigger a mood and he takes everything personally. Speaking on family, this is the the most positive thing. My husband is the best family man. He doesn't go out and hang with friends. He rather be at home and going out with the family. He spends a lot of his time playing and helping the kids with their homework. He help a lot around the house and all of his goals are for us. I know every man is not alike but from what I read from the other posts, Cancer men do have similar traits.

Last edited:
Very committed, very honest. Amazing sexual chemistry. Family oriented very lovable. Very determined.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
All i saw was the title of this post cancer men and i got heated im a leo and my ex cancer man put me throughhh it so bad i wouldnt even dare date another cancer man but that was my experience im not even usually the kind to judge all from one experience maybe overall leo and cancer is a bad match in general

Wow, this thread gives me more sight about my husband. I swear that I was the only one dealing with a man like this. I have been with my husband for 13 years and he is a Cancer. Emotional/Sensitive=Yes, not female sensitive. Just that anything can trigger a mood and he takes everything personally. OP watch out for when you talked about him getting jealous because you were talking to a male neighbor. That can develop into way more later. I don't have male friends and that includes on social media like Facebook. I avoid shows, places act where there will be shirtless guys. I have done a lot in order to keep the peace. My cancer man pretty much needs to know he is the only male in your life (other than family) Speaking on family, this is the the most positive thing. My husband is the best family man. He doesn't go out and hang with friends. He rather be at home and going out with the family. He spends a lot of his time playing and helping the kids with their homework. He help a lot around the house and all of his goals are for us. I know every man is not alike but from what I read from the other posts, Cancer men do have similar traits.

Could have written a lot of this post (aside from the social media/avoiding men thing).

Very family oriented, very driven, moody, traditional, can be jealous, very affectionate, very loyal, sometimes very aloof.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

Back