Can we talk about hairstyles?

Lovelylocs

We always talk about getting our hair to grow, but what are u gonna do once u get to that length? Just have it? Once I finally reach midback length, I want to get a really nice hair cut. I want it cut in a style. I am not exactly sure how tho. I like Christina Aguilera's hair in her "Iturn to u video" and I like Mariah's hair in her "dont forget about us video".

What are some styles that u like?

Lovelylocs said:
We always talk about getting our hair to grow, but what are u gonna do once u get to that length? Just have it? Once I finally reach midback length, I want to get a really nice hair cut. I want it cut in a style. I am not exactly sure how tho. I like Christina Aguilera's hair in her "Iturn to u video" and I like Mariah's hair in her "dont forget about us video".

What are some styles that u like?

I really like Keshia Knight Pulliam, Gabrielle Union's, and Vanessa Marcil's hair. I have been looking for the perfect cut for probably 2 years now. Most ethnic hair magazines never have pics of styles that are longer than shoulder length - except for the blunt cut weave. So ideas are usually few and far between. I flip through the White (for lack of a better term) Sophisticates for ideas.

I finally hit the tip of my shoulders and my goal was thick shoulder length hair. I am going to be chopping off my hair next week! Too many people have told me over the years that my hair would look great short, and I am thinking that they are right. I gave myself a trim last night, then I just kept cutting, getting rid of all of my colored ends. I don't mind this new shorter length, but I wouldn't mind trying this new short crop! I'm nervous, but I can't wait! :)

My hair is finally making some progress in the back (growing in a v-shape). Since I got my relaxer, I've been wearing it down almost every day. I've always been one to wear my hair down most of the time, except for when I'm having hair issues. I've nevery had a problem with it in the past. My hair is slightly layered, so I like to wear it full and bouncy with my layers flipping out. I have fine hair, so I have to manipulate it to look full, especially after a touch-up. Right now it has lots of bounce and I'm enjoying it.

I have been waiting since 2002 to do crimps in my hair (i know heat is bad!). Once my hair is healthy, longer and able to take the heat. I'm going to get criimps all over my head!

I would like a ponytail that hits the top of my shoulder blades. I'd also like to try some of the styles that Zoe Saldana wears...

Liz25_Ga said:
I have been waiting since 2002 to do crimps in my hair (i know heat is bad!). Once my hair is healthy, longer and able to take the heat. I'm going to get criimps all over my head!
Well u better hurry up and do it before u just look out dated...lol

I've alway's been against having my hair 'cut into a style'. My mom and aunt were always wanting me to do that when I was in middle school. I guess that I've always had the idea that when you get it cut into a style, you're stuck until it grows out.

so when my hair gros as much as it can grow, then I'll just leave it and to it in cute buns and stuff.

I'm past bra strap now. When I get to waist length I would to cut my hair into a U shape and the front to my chin.

Lovelylocs said:
Well u better hurry up and do it before u just look out dated...lol
LOl, the reason why I been holding back because my hair stylist kept telling me that my hair wasn't in good condition to get crimps. Besides, i'm not that big on trying to keep up with the latest hair styles.

It's funny this was brought up because I've been thinking about this lately. I'm working on braiding with 4 and 5 strands. I can't do it on myself yet, but I have the motion down. When I get to waistlength I want to be able to wear a long 5 strand braid down the middle. I've seen 7 and 9 strand braids but usually you need someone else to do that for you unless you're a contortionist :lol:

When my hair gets to waistlength I'll be doing lots of styles like french braids, Herring Bone Braids, box braids with my natural hair, of course wear it straigth. I want to get my hair cut into layers (long layers) and I'm definitely thinking about cutting it diamond or U-shaped. I've finally reached top of bra strap and my hair looks so big! I know that as it continues to grow I will MUST cut layers into it so I don't look like cousin IT.:lol:

I'm going to wait until I reach a length that's longer than my actual goal length that way I won't miss the length that much after cutting it into a style, lol :laugh:.

I really like the idea of a long side swept bang with some face framing layers and a U shape in the back. I would wait until all of my hair is well beyond bottom of bra-strap length to get it cut like that though, until then I'm staying far away from scissors :).

I also like assymetrical styles, curly and wavy styles with hilites, huge bun styles that show that one has a lot of length, long ringlets, and partial upsweeps with the top half of hair in an elaborate updo and the bottom half down.

I can't wait to reach my goals but I'm still trying to have fun with my hair while getting there. Now I wear it down at events and when going out but I protect the heck out of it while at work and lazing around at home when I don't have to be anywhere in order to reach my length goals.

As my hair grows I'll do what I'm doing now, updos, half updos, french braids, french rolls, single braids, wearing it down with big curls, small curls, and straight. The only thing different that I'll probably do is cut these layers off.

I believe that you can do so much more with long hair than short hair.

Back