Camellia/Tsubaki Oil You guys have to see this.

Have you ever used Camellia oil?

• Yes Ive used it. I like it/Will use it again

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Yes Ive used it. I didnt like it/will NOT use it again

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No I havent used it. Sound good/I may try it

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • I have NOT used it, Im sticking to the oil I already use.

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amber_moon

I just have to tell you guys about this A-MAZING oil!!

I dont know how many ladies here use this, but I LOVE it and cant stop using it!

Its called[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Japanese Tsubaki or Camellia Oil And OMG its amazing! Its light, Mostly odorless and doesn't gum up like other oils Ive used.

The fruit that the oil is squeezed from is 86% Oleic Acid!!! And since oleic acid is naturally produced by the skin it penetrates a lot better than other oils. It also has natural sun protection factor. (not as strong as some of the chemical ones... but good enough for hair)

I bought yet another bottle of it today and realized *slaps forehead* most of the ladies here would probably be interested in knowing about it too! Ive started using it as a prepoo but usually I add a little rose oil, or myrh and sandalwood to it and use it on my hair before I go out.

Here is some info snagged from various sites about Camellia Oil:

This one was snagged from:
[/FONT]http://chidoriyaworld.stores.yahoo.net/index.html
Where you can actually buy it from (must warn you its kind of expensive from here though...even though this is one of the more respected brands in Japan)
[ Camellia Oil Care ]
Camellia oil has excellent
skin (face, hand, body) and hair conditioning properties. It moreover presents skin restructuring and moisturizing virtues and is also used for its nail strengthening property.
* Before shampoo
(treatment for very dry and damaged hair):
Massage camellia oil into scalp and ends of damaged hair, rinse camellia oil, and shampoo.
* After shampoo (essentially for hair):
Apply oil to ends of hair and dry patches of scalp to deep condition.
* Body moisturizing :
Enjoy your own aroma with Camellia Oil. Mix with 1~2 table spoon of Camellia Oil and a drop of aroma therapy oil such as lavender, sweet orange or jasmin.
Apply to your skin and massage well.
Particularly recommended for dry or sun exposed skin.
* Massage Camellia Oil into nail and cuticle.
Allow to absorb, do not rinse.

[Chemical composition]
( Average composition in fatty acids )
Oleic Acid: 86%
Palmitic Acid: 7.5%
Linoleic Acid: 3.8%
Stearic Acid: 2.2%
Arachidic Acid: 0.5%

You can also buy it from here:
http://stores.ebay.com/Hannari-Ya
For a lot less money, this store has also got a ton of Japanese beauty products for less than Chidorya World but good quality.

Just thought Id give you the heads up about this oil though....

I added a poll too....

Last edited:
I just have to tell you guys about this A-MAZING oil!!

I dont know how many ladies here use this, but I LOVE it and cant stop using it!

Its called[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Japanese Tsubaki or Camellia Oil And OMG its amazing! Its light, Mostly odorless and doesn't gum up like other oils Ive used.

The fruit that the oil is squeezed from is 86% Oleic Acid!!! And since oleic acid is naturally produced by the skin it penetrates a lot better than other oils. It also has natural sun protection factor. (not as strong as some of the chemical ones... but good enough for hair)

I bought yet another bottle of it today and realized *slaps forehead* most of the ladies here would probably be interested in knowing about it too! Ive started using it as a prepoo but usually I add a little rose oil, or myrh and sandalwood to it and use it on my hair before I go out.

Here is some info snagged from various sites about Camellia Oil:

This one was snagged from:
[/FONT]http://chidoriyaworld.stores.yahoo.net/index.html
Where you can actually buy it from (must warn you its kind of expensive from here though...even though this is one of the more respected brands in Japan)
[ Camellia Oil Care ]
Camellia oil has excellent
skin (face, hand, body) and hair conditioning properties. It moreover presents skin restructuring and moisturizing virtues and is also used for its nail strengthening property.
* Before shampoo
(treatment for very dry and damaged hair):
Massage camellia oil into scalp and ends of damaged hair, rinse camellia oil, and shampoo.
* After shampoo (essentially for hair):
Apply oil to ends of hair and dry patches of scalp to deep condition.
* Body moisturizing :
Enjoy your own aroma with Camellia Oil. Mix with 1~2 table spoon of Camellia Oil and a drop of aroma therapy oil such as lavender, sweet orange or jasmin.
Apply to your skin and massage well.
Particularly recommended for dry or sun exposed skin.
* Massage Camellia Oil into nail and cuticle.
Allow to absorb, do not rinse.

[Chemical composition]
( Average composition in fatty acids )
Oleic Acid: 86%
Palmitic Acid: 7.5%
Linoleic Acid: 3.8%
Stearic Acid: 2.2%
Arachidic Acid: 0.5%

You can also buy it from here:
http://stores.ebay.com/Hannari-Ya
For a lot less money, this store has also got a ton of Japanese beauty products for less than Chidorya World but good quality.

Just thought Id give you the heads up about this oil though....

I added a poll too....

I started using this oil about 2 weeks ago. I mix it in my moisturising spray and spray it on my braids/hair every PM. I ordered mine from fromnaturewithlove.com but they are sold out of all their sizes, and I sent them a message to inform me when they get it in. I've heard on Oshiwa Island in Japan that all the women there have long beautiful hair because they use this oil.

i'm in Japan and they sell it in the drug stores in the beauty isle. It's kind of expensive for a little bottle, but I like it. I use it on my face for acne and I add it to my leave-in conditioner and daily scalp oil mix.

i'm in Japan and they sell it in the drug stores in the beauty isle. It's kind of expensive for a little bottle, but I like it. I use it on my face for acne and I add it to my leave-in conditioner and daily scalp oil mix.

You in Japan right now???/UGH! I'm so jealous!!! What city are you in????

Im SO SO SO jealous!

Yeah the bottle are pretty expensive. However, I think its totally worth it seeing as the oil is THAT nourishing and that light!

Oh yeah! I have a whole bottle of that somewhere... I started using it last year. It's good stuff. :yep:

I have been using camellia oil since December - it is great. I was trading between rice bran and emu, both of which are heavier. Now that I am back to relaxed, it's phyto7 leave in and seal with the lovely light camellia oil. It works well on skin too.

have you tried oils by nature or garden of wisdom - both of these sites sell camellia oil at a reasonable price.

This is one of my all time favorite oils to use. It is excellent for the hair.
I still need but a wooden comb; I've read that this distributes the oil through each strand of hair. I also want to get my hands on the the Tsubaki shampoo, conditioner, and treatment line by Shiseido. They only sell it in Japan though, but it has great reviews and the main ingredient is camellia oil extract.

Here's the website

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/tsubaki/

I still need but a wooden comb; I've read that this distributes the oil through each strand of hair. I also want to get my hands on the the Tsubaki shampoo, conditioner, and treatment line by Shiseido. They only sell it in Japan though, but it has great reviews and the main ingredient is camellia oil extract.

Here's the website

they sell that in the commissary here in japan. i could price it for you & mail it to you if you want. all the wording is in Kanji, so i can't read it. but one person told me she tried the conditioner before. she said it was alright, but she liked the pure oil better.

Here's the website

They sell shiseido here in the usa too... They sell shiseido in Macy's.

They sell a lot of camellia oil conditioners and shampoos in the Japanese grocery stores in Novi MI not too far from where I live.

they sell that in the commissary here in japan. i could price it for you & mail it to you if you want. all the wording is in Kanji, so i can't read it. but one person told me she tried the conditioner before. she said it was alright, but she liked the pure oil better.

Where in japan are you located?

If you are anywhere near Tokyo I might have to send you on a shopping trip for me LOL.
:grin:

Thanks so much. I don't want to put you through all that trouble though. There are a couple of Japanese grocery stores close to where I live so I will give them a quick visit first to see if they sell the product. If they don't I am going to try to make a shampoo myself from the left over camellia oil in my bathroom.

They sell shiseido here in the usa too... They sell shiseido in Macy's.

They sell a lot of camellia oil conditioners and shampoos in the Japanese grocery stores in Novi MI not too far from where I live.

I know they sell Shiseido here in the USA, but their Tsubaki shampoo/conditioner line is targeted mainly towards Japanese women, so the product is sold mainly over there, unless there are Japanese grocery stores in the U.S that sells it. I will go check Macy's out though just to make sure. Are the Japanese grocery stores near you called 99 Ranch Market?

I have been using camellia oil for about seven or eight months now. I ordered a 32 ounce bottle from Oils by Nature earlier this year. I have mixed it with monoi, avocado and jojoba for a super oil. However, if I was forced to keep only one oil out of the 20 I have tried over the last three years, it would hands down be the camellia.

I know they sell Shiseido here in the USA, but their Tsubaki shampoo/conditioner line is targeted mainly towards Japanese women, so the product is sold mainly over there, unless there are Japanese grocery stores in the U.S that sells it. I will go check Macy's out though just to make sure. Are the Japanese grocery stores near you called 99 Ranch Market?

Yes, I have personally seen it in a few Japanese grocery stores here in Novi MI.

And no they are not called 99 Ranch The first one Ive sen it in is called One world Market, and the second is called Mirai-Ya.

But, you can find it on ebay too....

Here are some links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shiseido-Tsubak...ryZ11861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This link has the whole set, shampoo conditioner and treatment:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SHISEIDO-TSUBAK...ryZ11861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Heres one for the hair mask:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shiseido-Tsubak...ryZ11861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can find EVERYHING on ebay. LOL. :)

Last edited:
I have been using camellia oil for about seven or eight months now. I ordered a 32 ounce bottle from Oils by Nature earlier this year. I have mixed it with monoi, avocado and jojoba for a super oil. However, if I was forced to keep only one oil out of the 20 I have tried over the last three years, it would hands down be the camellia.

I could not agree more. I've used avocado, shea, jojoba, castor, rice bran, emu - by far the one I cannot live without is camellia. If I could only have one for hair and skin, camellia would be it.

Does this oil smell like the Aubrey Organics Camellia conditioner? If not, what does it smell like? TIA! :-)

I purchased this and I love it.

I am using it ALL over my body. I use it after I shower or bath, I use it after I wash my face with baking soda and water and I am using it in my hair as an oil conditioner, daily spritz and on my ends to seal moisture.

I love all of my products that have at least two uses which is why almost everything I use now is natural or ayurvedic. I love the multiple uses.

This is absolutely a keeper.

Funny y'all mention this-

I use the Shiseido Tsubaki poo & con-

I really LOVE IT!!!!

I was in Japan & found this set to treat my hair fondly!

I miss my poo & con, & must send for it ( back in the states now!)!

Funny y'all mention this-

I use the Shiseido Tsubaki poo & con-

I really LOVE IT!!!!

I was in Japan & found this set to treat my hair fondly!

I miss my poo & con, & must send for it ( back in the states now!)!

I remember when you mentioned that it was in the local store not to far from where you lived. I really want to go to Japan before I turn 30.

Back