Oil - I think is the key to health and beauty

I am Superbly oiled!
I've used EVOO on my sensitive skin for a little over a year now and I get compliments all the time on my skin...It gives you that 'I just got back from vacation look'- ALL THE TIME! And I had acne prone skin...

I also oil nightly- at first I thought it was too much, but my hair and skin have responded wonderfully.

I use coconut, EVOO, E, Carrot, Castor(and my homade sulfur mixes). All of which I contribute to growth and overall health of my new head of hair.

Keep Oiling ladies...

*Also- its Indian tradition to mix tumeric into their oils...(i do this and my skins color has changed somewhat) Tumeric has been said to be the reason why folks from India live so long and have very little cases or signs of memory loss. The woman also bathe in oils before the wedding/wedding night...

Im hooked on oils for the oil rinses but i am terrified to try it on my acne prone sensitve super oily already skin. I guess my skin can get no worse!

I anoint my home and family with oils, digest it, put it them on my body, peppermint oil gets my juices flowing.:grin:

Im hooked on oils for the oil rinses but i am terrified to try it on my acne prone sensitve super oily already skin. I guess my skin can get no worse!

I understand with the acne. Have been plagued with it really badly here the last year where it felt like boils under my skin.

Someone recommended this to me and it has worked.

Baking soda with water, witch hazel or lemon juice and scrub my face with it as a facial scrub daily. No joke it works. I use the baking soda with lemon as a mask and my skin has not been this healthy in years!!!!!

The last thing I do is put a pea size of either jojoba or camellia oil in my hands rub it together and then place it on my face after I use the baking soda scrub. I cannot believe how incredible my skin has gotten.

These are all natural products and don't cost anywhere near the skin treatments that I have bought and I have bought everything and then some.

The oil helps the skin with moisture once you rinse the baking soda off. I have not used anything else on my skin. If I use make up I will use the neutrogena soap to wash it off or some very mild face cleanser and then do the baking soda scrub after that I take a cotton ball with witch hazel for a toner then I place the oil on my face.

I started seeing some changes within seven to ten days.

I love oils. Lately it's been all bout EVOO for me with my sulfur mix.

For those who take flax oil are you taking it in supplements or like in a shotglass in the morning?

I do agree. Sweet Almond oil does wonders for my skin... really makes it glow. Earlier this week, I added jojoba oil to my cheap mineral oil-laddened Cocoa Butter lotion, and my skin is not as dry.

I agree with you. Natural oils are like nature's cure all's. I've heard of so many ailments and problems being alleviated or eradicated simply by ingesting certain kinds of natural oils. For instance, Coconut oil has been proven to promote weight-loss; healthy skin, hair, and nails; as well as being an effective virus fighter. Certain oils, when applied to skin, can actually help get rid of acne as well. I'm a die-hard oil advocate :grin:!

Hmmm, now I gotta start getting oiled up inside and out. And.. I need to go find this washing my face with EVOO thread.

I do use castor oil on the hair and I like it.

I agree with the oil hypothesis! I have been using JBCO for everything- on my eyebrows, on my skin, I tried my first oil rinse tonight and my hair loves it! I am going to start using it as a laxative! I have been sleeping on this stuff for the last two years.

How does coconut oil help wit weight loss??? How do you take it???

Can oil help with stretch marks???

I totally agree with y'all. I've been ingesting fish oil daily for the last few months and generally around this time of year, my skin is very scaly as I have the heat in my home and car set on hell:look: but so far so good, no scales.

I've been doing the oil wash method discussed in the skin and makeup section and my skin has been glowing.

My son has been on cod liver oil for about 3 months and his development is improving.

I used a mixture of shea butter and cocoa butter on my body when I was pregnant and the only places I had stretch marks was on the places I didn't apply the butter mixture.

I've playing around with essential oils too for mood, relaxation, stimulation, and household purposes.

I love oils!! I used to do oil pulling (going to start again soon hopefully) and when I was back at home I used vatika and amla every wash. I also put on oil before showers.

ITA. There are so many types of oil as well as great ways to use oil in just about every area of our lives. :yep:

:grin:i totally agree

i think its the answer for dry hair

since oil washing i only use one blob of avo'coco and thats it till another oil wash!

i think regular washing and vitamins is the answer for growth - its that simple

and hair hair is oiling (ingesting or applying topicaly)

Can someone tell me what EPO is?

I love my EVOO and Castor oil, and am about to venture out into other oils.

How are you ladies using your oils....just straight up or do u add them to other lotions/butters? I have had success with oil rinses and with washing my face with EVOO.

Good thread. ITA! DH and I have been ingesting coconut oil to help with weight loss..not even a week and we already see the difference! I'm using EVOO for oil rinses and a moisturizer for my entire body. JBCO for growing my eyelashes and castor oil for a sealing. I'll have to check out that movie.

lol...any kind of natural oil is good in the bedroom... :grin::spinning::drunk::grin:

How much coconut oil are you taking? I've been doing re-search on this and I want to try it. I've read about some good results from this.

I understand with the acne. Have been plagued with it really badly here the last year where it felt like boils under my skin.

Baking soda with water, witch hazel or lemon juice and scrub my face with it as a facial scrub daily. No joke it works. I use the baking soda with lemon as a mask and my skin has not been this healthy in years!!!!!

The last thing I do is put a pea size of either jojoba or camellia oil in my hands rub it together and then place it on my face after I use the baking soda scrub. I cannot believe how incredible my skin has gotten.

These are all natural products and don't cost anywhere near the skin treatments that I have bought and I have bought everything and then some.

The oil helps the skin with moisture once you rinse the baking soda off. I have not used anything else on my skin. If I use make up I will use the neutrogena soap to wash it off or some very mild face cleanser and then do the baking soda scrub after that I take a cotton ball with witch hazel for a toner then I place the oil on my face.

I do this too. Jojoba oil has been a Godsend for my face. The texture of my skin is so smooth and glowey. I use it twice a day.

I also like to wash my face with olive oil and sometimes I'll let the oil sit on for 10 minutes or so and when I rinse it off my skin is buttery smooth.:lick:

I totally agree with y'all. I've been ingesting fish oil daily for the last few months and generally around this time of year, my skin is very scaly as I have the heat in my home and car set on hell:look: but so far so good, no scales.

I've been doing the oil wash method discussed in the skin and makeup section and my skin has been glowing.

My son has been on cod liver oil for about 3 months and his development is improving.

I used a mixture of shea butter and cocoa butter on my body when I was pregnant and the only places I had stretch marks was on the places I didn't apply the butter mixture.

I've playing around with essential oils too for mood, relaxation, stimulation, and household purposes.

I was going to mention that oil also......

Ladies don't sleep on Cod Live Oil....it's good for whatever ails you. :yep:

Coconut oil for weightloss? Oh yeah? :scratchch I might have to give that a try :sekret: but on the flipside I'm already taking soooo many supplements. :wallbash:

I love oils. Lately it's been all bout EVOO for me with my sulfur mix.

For those who take flax oil are you taking it in supplements or like in a shotglass in the morning?

I take it in liquid form. I usually mixed it with liquid fish oil and drink it from a tablespoon (the measurement kind). I actually like the taste :drunk:.

I'm a oil lover as well.

I take it in liquid form. I usually mixed it with liquid fish oil and drink it from a tablespoon (the measurement kind). I actually like the taste :drunk:.

I'm a oil lover as well.

where do you get liquid fish oil?

Softsoap now makes a bodywash called NutraOil, they have the Aloe and Olive Oil formula and the Shea Butter and Almond Oil. Both of them smell delicious and are great for your skin. I've been using both since this summer and my skin is like silk. So, for those on a budget you can find these for about $3 a bottle at Walmart and I swear it leaves the skin luxurious.

Since I've found this board. I hardly ever buy lotion, if I do, I would add oil to it. I use EVOO, Coconut Oil and JBCO. I use EVOO and Coconut mostly for my skin.

I have started to use EVOO and JBCO to wash my face. I must say my face is baby bottom soft. I do the oils first, but I follow with Cetaphil.

My skin is so soft and silky. My ex use to say my skin was so soft it felt like it was wet. He just cld't keep his hands off me.

I thougt this was a good read.......

1. Bergamot oil has a spicy lemon-orange like scent and it is excellent for acne prone skin. Loaded with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and drying properties bergamot is ideal for spot treatment for existing blemishes and oily skin. Bergamot pure essential oil is an excellent natural antiseptic and is excellent in skin care products because it instantly starts the healing process. Using the oil in a facial steam bath is effective for cleansing and healing the skin. The citrus aroma also has a calming affect on the mind and soul.

2. Chamomile oil is strongly aromatic, with a distinct scent of apples. It contains key constitutes that have a soothing effect on the skin. It soothes your skin, lessens and eliminates stress thus bring a natural glow, beauty and a youthful appearance back to your skin. Excellent for skin care particular, eczema, wounds, burns and congested or stressed skin. Applied externally as a wash or compress for skin inflammations, it immediately begins to heal skin and soften the skin. The essential oil was found to reduce the time required to heal burns and the herb kills certain bacteria. Chamomile, like lavender is a miracle worker in skin care.

3. Tea Tree oil is an excellent antibacterial treatment making it a valuable acne fighter as well as a natural wound cleaner. Tea tree oil is not just soothing and disinfecting; it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory and disinfectant qualities. This makes tea tree oil excellent in skin care and personal hygiene. Tea tree oil is fast acting and acts to clear up the skin and calm the injured area. The healing properties of this oil make it one of the best essential oils to have in your purse or medicine cabinet.

4. Lavender oil is regarded as the most versatile of oils and is an excellent choice for those new to aromatherapy. It has antibacterial and soothing properties and is excellent as a preventative treatment that effectively stops breakouts while clearing the redness often associated with acne prone skin. Lavender essential oil is helpful with acne, dermatitis, eczema, sores, spots, and wounds. This is one of the few oils that can be used straight on the skin, but use common sense with the use of any essential oil.

5. Clove oil is a very potent essential oil that has burning and purifying properties. In its pure form it is very irritating and should be blended with a carrier oil (like jojoba oil) before being applied to the skin. This soothing oil is one of the best oils for spot treatment of acne. When diluted, clove oil can be applied to the skin to treat newly forming or existing breakouts because it acts very quickly. Clove oil should never be used full strength except on the advice of a licensed homeopathic professional.

Thank you! I think I will give this a try because thats the problem, freakin boils!!! My face was not like this when I was a teenager! I will not put anything on my face because my skin loses its mind! lol. But I need to try something!

I thougt this was a good read.......

1. Bergamot oil has a spicy lemon-orange like scent and it is excellent for acne prone skin. Loaded with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and drying properties bergamot is ideal for spot treatment for existing blemishes and oily skin. Bergamot pure essential oil is an excellent natural antiseptic and is excellent in skin care products because it instantly starts the healing process. Using the oil in a facial steam bath is effective for cleansing and healing the skin. The citrus aroma also has a calming affect on the mind and soul.

2. Chamomile oil is strongly aromatic, with a distinct scent of apples. It contains key constitutes that have a soothing effect on the skin. It soothes your skin, lessens and eliminates stress thus bring a natural glow, beauty and a youthful appearance back to your skin. Excellent for skin care particular, eczema, wounds, burns and congested or stressed skin. Applied externally as a wash or compress for skin inflammations, it immediately begins to heal skin and soften the skin. The essential oil was found to reduce the time required to heal burns and the herb kills certain bacteria. Chamomile, like lavender is a miracle worker in skin care.

3. Tea Tree oil is an excellent antibacterial treatment making it a valuable acne fighter as well as a natural wound cleaner. Tea tree oil is not just soothing and disinfecting; it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory and disinfectant qualities. This makes tea tree oil excellent in skin care and personal hygiene. Tea tree oil is fast acting and acts to clear up the skin and calm the injured area. The healing properties of this oil make it one of the best essential oils to have in your purse or medicine cabinet.

4. Lavender oil is regarded as the most versatile of oils and is an excellent choice for those new to aromatherapy. It has antibacterial and soothing properties and is excellent as a preventative treatment that effectively stops breakouts while clearing the redness often associated with acne prone skin. Lavender essential oil is helpful with acne, dermatitis, eczema, sores, spots, and wounds. This is one of the few oils that can be used straight on the skin, but use common sense with the use of any essential oil.

5. Clove oil is a very potent essential oil that has burning and purifying properties. In its pure form it is very irritating and should be blended with a carrier oil (like jojoba oil) before being applied to the skin. This soothing oil is one of the best oils for spot treatment of acne. When diluted, clove oil can be applied to the skin to treat newly forming or existing breakouts because it acts very quickly. Clove oil should never be used full strength except on the advice of a licensed homeopathic professional.

Great Post! Dag now its just picking the one thats right!! Choices choices! lol

This is a GREAT thread!!! I love the oil rinse on my hair and I'd like to try some EVOO oils on my acne-prone skin. My skin is doing very well now that I've been using Seabuckthorn oil. It's actually considered an Omega 7. I use the soap, oil and take the pills. So far so good, but I'm always on the look out for other things to check out too.

Back