Camellia/Tsubaki Oil You guys have to see this.

Have you ever used Camellia oil?

• Yes Ive used it. I like it/Will use it again

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Yes Ive used it. I didnt like it/will NOT use it again

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No I havent used it. Sound good/I may try it

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • I have NOT used it, Im sticking to the oil I already use.

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does this oil smell like the Aubrey Organics Camellia conditioner? If not, what does it smell like? TIA. :-)
Come on ladies. Someone tell me if it smells like the conditioner that AO makes. If not...what does it smell like? Come on...don't leave me hanging. :poke:

Thanks, Nita. But the vegetable oil smell isn't too bad, right? I mean, it doesn't seem to stop you guys from wanting to use it, right? :rolleyes:

I have not really noticed a smell. I use it on my face, about a dime size and it doesn't seem to bother me.

You can put an essential oil fragrance with it if you think the smell bothers you. I put it on my skin right after showering or bathing by itself and I only smell the soap or whatever I used in my shower for washing.

Thanks, Nita. But the vegetable oil smell isn't too bad, right? I mean, it doesn't seem to stop you guys from wanting to use it, right? :rolleyes:

Camellia oil, doesn't really have ANY scent. If you want to scent it, just add a little of your favorite essential oil to it. But as far as scent goes... it really doesn't have one, and it absorbs so quickly into your skin that it doesn't stay around long enough to really need one either.

thanx, i might just give it a try especially as pre-poo. even though i'm totally about my castor oil right now!

I have had a bottle of this for ages but not even used it yet! Instructions were to use it on dry hair only.

For those using it on their face, how exactly are you using it?

I have acne and have always steered clear of oils thinking it will clog up my pores.

So sorry! That's the first spanking I've received since being a member of LHCF:grin:

Now hurry off and buy your bottles before there all gone!:lachen:

Congratulations!!! It's a rite of passage that you successfully passed!! :kiss:

:Serenity off to purchase her Camellia Oil: :sekret:

I bought the 32oz from oils by nature and it was still cheaper than the other places.

I use it for as a body oil, on my face in my hair spritz and around my nail bed also.

This stuff is really really good.

:yep: Yeah, that Camellia is some good stuff. I got my 160z from oilsbynature.com, I think. I love it. I use it alone and I have a bottle with Camellia and Castor Oil. Lovin' that mix right now!! :grin:

Uhm, it's cheaper at Oils by nature website. 16oz for $7.25

Dang, I wish you had been on earlier in the day before I ordered!:wallbash:

Anyway, I emailed Golden Creek to find out why their camellia oil is so much more expensive than another company (didn't mention OBN). Waiting on their response. I can always return it and get my money back (minus s&h) and still come out on the positive side by reordering a larger quantity from OBN.

Thanks for sharing. I received a sample of this oil when I
ordered from CamdenGray and I really liked it. I used it on my skin. I was curious about using it on the hair but wasn't sure and didn't research. I think I will order some. I love trying out different oils.:yep:

I tried the AO soap with Camelia/Jasmin oil this weekend. It had a very delicate fragrance and it didn't dry out my skin. I'll be trying it again soon.

This camellia oil sounds good, but I am not going to jump on the bandwagon yet if at all with this oil. I love the coconut oil which is great on my hair, and I am yet to try castor oil which I know is a very good oil for other uses but I will see how it does on my hair.
It just gets too overwhelming when you just start trying something new and then something else is introduced that is claimed to be just as good. Dont get me wrong I love and appreciate all the advice that I get and my hair is actually doing much better but I am just going to keep it simple for now and see how well the products that I am using now works.
Plus I dont have the money to become a PJ.

This camellia oil sounds good, but I am not going to jump on the bandwagon yet if at all with this oil. I love the coconut oil which is great on my hair, and I am yet to try castor oil which I know is a very good oil for other uses but I will see how it does on my hair.
It just gets too overwhelming when you just start trying something new and then something else is introduced that is claimed to be just as good. Dont get me wrong I love and appreciate all the advice that I get and my hair is actually doing much better but I am just going to keep it simple for now and see how well the products that I am using now works.
Plus I dont have the money to become a PJ.

I understand, it's hard! When I came back from Europe this past June, I bought four bottles of oil: olive, castor, jojoba and coconut. I'm gonna be working on these for a while! I've figured out the ones I love the most and I'm tweaking it but I'm going at my own pace.

I might try these oils, but later. They're only tweaking their regimens which is something we'll all have to do (at least a little bit) so don't be discouraged or overwhelmed.

Just cuz everyone on the board gets into something doesn't mean you have to do it too (or that you have to do it at that very minute). I'm still leearning to pace myself too. So I totally feel ya!

:yep: Yeah, that Camellia is some good stuff. I got my 160z from oilsbynature.com, I think. I love it. I use it alone and I have a bottle with Camellia and Castor Oil. Lovin' that mix right now!! :grin:

Oh me too - this has been my ends blend for the last few weeks - works really well for when I put my hair up in the morning. I especially like it because castor oil is too thick for my liking - I get the benefits of both and my ends are super happy.

I have read that you can buy scented camellia oil - the flowers from which it is made are naturally scented - but mine smells like lavander because I scented myself.

One really great thing I have noticed: usually in the summer and fall, my hair bleches out to a red color - it's not ugly, but I don't really like it. I've been using camellia oil since this past winter, and this summer, my hair did not bleach to red. Very cool for me. I read that camellia oil has sunscreen properties, but I was not really using for that purpose, so that fact that it really does is a super bonus.

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but this is from www.oilsbynature.com :yep:

Also known as Tea Oil Camellia in other parts of the world, Camellia oil is a nongreasy oil excellent for use in skin and hair products as it contains skin restructuring and moisturizing properties.
Expeller pressed from the seeds of the fruit, camellia oil is high in oleic acid offering antioxidant properties. Containing Vitamins A, B and E it is a great oil for anti-aging products, especially facial creams due to its rapidly absorbing property.
Rejuvinating and restorative, giving the skin a radiant glow, it protects from damaging environmental conditions. It can promote the healing of scars, lighten freckles and age spot and protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
Common Uses of Camellia Oil

• Shampoos
  • Lotions
  • Hair conditioners
  • After sun products
  • Eye creams
  • Nail products
  • Lipstick
  • Anti-wrinkle creams
Benefits of Camellia Oil

• Restructuring properties for dry and damaged skin
  • Moisturizing
  • Nail strengthener
  • UV protectant

Ok, I'm in love with this oil :yep: I just got it and tried it for the first time on my hair, face and body and it's very moisturizing without giving you the shiny effect. I rate it better than emu oil. I washed my hair then used the oil so after it dries, I'll see if I notice any difference in my hair. Oh and it doesn't have a smell.

I just received my first bottle of Camelia Oil the other day. I love it. I could not stop touching my hair after I rubbed some into my hair and scalp.

I also oiled my body with it and added some to my other lotions that I wasn't quite satisfied with.

Its a keeper.

MINE IS ON ITS WAY>>>>>>After reading up on this oil for myself..not just basing it from other peoples opinions....I CAN"T WAITE ...its better than olive oil.:yep:

Wow... I just saw this old zombie thread pop up into the que....

After all this time how many of you guys are still using tsubaki oil?

I haven't bought any in a while because Ive been on a coconut oil kick, but I plan on purchasing some more for summer because I think its lighter than coconut oil and soaks in rather quickly.

I started using camellia oil 11/07. I still use it today, bur primarily on my face - it is absolute perfection:yep: (CamdenGrey)

On my hair, it needs to mixed with my heavier castor oil.

Back