Camellia/Tsubaki Oil You guys have to see this.

Have you ever used Camellia oil?

• Yes Ive used it. I like it/Will use it again

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Yes Ive used it. I didnt like it/will NOT use it again

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No I havent used it. Sound good/I may try it

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • I have NOT used it, Im sticking to the oil I already use.

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if anyone else posted this, but this is from www.oilsbynature.com :yep:

Also known as Tea Oil Camellia in other parts of the world, Camellia oil is a nongreasy oil excellent for use in skin and hair products as it contains skin restructuring and moisturizing properties.
Expeller pressed from the seeds of the fruit, camellia oil is high in oleic acid offering antioxidant properties. Containing Vitamins A, B and E it is a great oil for anti-aging products, especially facial creams due to its rapidly absorbing property.
Rejuvinating and restorative, giving the skin a radiant glow, it protects from damaging environmental conditions. It can promote the healing of scars, lighten freckles and age spot and protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
Common Uses of Camellia Oil

• Shampoos
  • Lotions
  • Hair conditioners
  • After sun products
  • Eye creams
  • Nail products
  • Lipstick
  • Anti-wrinkle creams
Benefits of Camellia Oil

• Restructuring properties for dry and damaged skin
  • Moisturizing
  • Nail strengthener
  • UV protectant

I used to get this at my local Chinese market and used it in lots of skin/hair products. It's very nice oil but they haven't been carrying it lately. Another source is whole foods - but haven't seen it in a while there either. I guess the camellia oil exporters are not sending it to the US like they used to. Grape seed oil, or grape seed/safflower blend are both good light oil substitutes and readily available at most grocery stores.

I've tried coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, macadamia nut oil, kukui nut oil and many others as sealants. This has been my staple oil for about 6 months and I'll never use anything else as a sealant on my hair. My strands are dense but on the fine side and this doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I know people say oils don't moisturize, but I swear I think this one does.

I used to get this at my local Chinese market and used it in lots of skin/hair products. It's very nice oil but they haven't been carrying it lately. Another source is whole foods - but haven't seen it in a while there either. I guess the camellia oil exporters are not sending it to the US like they used to. Grape seed oil, or grape seed/safflower blend are both good light oil substitutes and readily available at most grocery stores.

I get mine from here: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=OILCAMELLIA&searchflag=1

And they always have it in stock whenever I look. I haven't had to reorder yet though, I ordered the 16 oz bottle when I purchased. I don't think I'll have to reorder until the end of the yr/early next yr.

Just know that there is more than one kind of Camellia oil. I use Camellia Japonica, which is the Japanese type. There is a Chinese type as well, but on the Long Hair Community, people seemed to prefer the Japanese kind.

The link in the post above me is the Chinese kind.

I really love the Japanese Camellia oil (haven't tried the Chinese one) and it is definitely the best oil I have ever used, and I've used a lot! It soaks in very well and makes my ends feel very smooth and soft, when most oils make my ends feel crunchy. I am on my second bottle and use it in my toddlers hair as well. A bit expensive though. I get mine from the Japanese grocery store.

http://www.amazon.com/Oshima-Tsubaki-Camellia-Hair-Care/dp/B000OW9QCW This is the kind I use.

Back