BSL 2013 Challenge

^^^ thanks, I had a clip in it around the house lol...I loved bangs as a relaxed head but my natural hair is going to be way to thick for them it seems =\

looking good ladies! all of these pretty buns and thick stretched hair!

i love flowers too! i don't have many though. i have a few basic colors. but i would like to buy more.

i would love to cowash/wash my hair daily as well, but that would be too much for me too. i love how the water feels on my scalp. my scalp likes it too! i used to do it daily when i had a twa.

crlsweetie912 hey hair twin! i hope you are able to manage that stress. your hair has been doing so well!
Angel of the North
your bun looks very moisturized.

looking good ladies! all of these pretty buns and thick stretched hair!

i love flowers too! i don't have many though. i have a few basic colors. but i would like to buy more.

i would love to cowash/wash my hair daily as well, but that would be too much for me too. i love how the water feels on my scalp. my scalp likes it too! i used to do it daily when i had a twa.

crlsweetie912 hey hair twin! i hope you are able to manage that stress. your hair has been doing so well!
Angel of the North
your bun looks very moisturized.
I'm on a mission. Last year was hell for me and this year didn't start out any better...but I'm trying to be positive and I WILL reach my goals! LET'S GET IT YALL!!!!

Hair is still being stretched. So far, so good. Might tie them together with more string to stretch them more,but idk. We'll see how this goes first and then I'll modify it for next time.

I'm on a mission. Last year was hell for me and this year didn't start out any better...but I'm trying to be positive and I WILL reach my goals! LET'S GET IT YALL!!!!

you and me both! i feel like i am going to go into labor once a week. this year is a big eye opener for me! but my hair is gonna look good regardless!:lol:

NikkiQ what does your hair look like when you take the string out and what is the actual point of stretching? Does it make your hair easier to style?

@NikkiQ what does your hair look like when you take the string out and what is the actual point of stretching? Does it make your hair easier to style?

This is my first time trying it out so I'm not entirely sure what my hair will look like :lol: But I've seen the results on YT videos where it looks like blown out natural hair. It'll make my hair a whole lot easier to bun since it'll be stretched quite a bit more than it is when I usually bun.

Wigging it this week. I rocking individual smallish plaits underneath. I'm moisturizing and sealing before putting the wig on and also at night when I take it off. I hope I can make it the whole week. I start to get antsy and want to see my hair again around the 4th day of it being hidden.

wig 2..13.jpg

Morning Ladies!!

I feeling abit better about my hair blues today:lol: I went to the gym this morning and got some much needed endorphines(sp):spinning: Even though I only did 30 min, I feel my confidence increasing:clapping: I wore my hair in 4braids and pinned it into two braided pigtails. I then put a sweat headband over it. Once I finished my mini workout, I took the braids out for a "braidout" that I had planned on pinning up.I wish it was warmer out and I didnt have to wear a coat, cause I would of def wore the braidout out. My hair looks like ish pinned up though. It looks frizzy in the back and flat in the front. But I don't care; I worked out and my hair is protected!:yep:

I think my hair blues is from self sabotage. You know when you are finally on the right track: DC, trims, PS etc... that little voice in your head says "You will never reach BSL and don't even think a/b WL". I gonna muzzle that voice and keep on trucking.:yep: Also, sometimes when I PS too long I get anxious that my hair isnt really growing and that I need to straighten it in order to see the proof. But I am gonna hold off until our length check.

Happy Growing Ladies & sorry for the long post:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Wigging it this week. I rocking individual smallish plaits underneath. I'm moisturizing and sealing before putting the wig on and also at night when I take it off. I hope I can make it the whole week. I start to get antsy and want to see my hair again around the 4th day of it being hidden.

View attachment 193375

That wig looks so cute on you! It really plays up the features in your face well and looks really natural kandiekj100 :yep:

Thanks NikkiQ. If this wasn't such a high maintenance hairstyle, I promise I'd do it in real life. But to quote Ms. Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that", lol.

View attachment 193375

That looks so nice on you!!! Fits your face perfectly! Love it.

i cant take this ish im taking my braids out thursday will make a month and ive just about had enough i rather wear a wig and call it a day

girl i rather have my hair out to wash and dc anytime these braids make it hard for me to really clean my hair properly and im over it

I agree!!! Very pretty. What kinda comments do you get from going from the short wig to wearing your natural hair and back again?

Thank you. When you say natural I don't know if you mean not-relaxed or real hair. I was natural and am now now relaxed.

I've been at my job for 3 going on 4 years now, so most know what the deal is by now. Every now and again I'll get folks who will really think I've cut my hair. People seem to really like it. I even got one of my White coworkers to purchase a wig. She didn't end up wearing it because it didn't frame her face right. But she says she will try again.

But yeah, they see me go from flat relaxed, to braidout to curly wig, to curly fro wig to wig with colors. I don't wear the wigs too often but I do think I still confuse them sometimes. I have one who'll just give me the look and go "Is it.." and I go yep and she'll call me a brat. It's said in love, I promise. This is the same one who bought the wig. She likes variety too and with her you never know what color her hair will be, lol.

Morning Ladies!!

I feeling abit better about my hair blues today:lol: I went to the gym this morning and got some much needed endorphines(sp):spinning: Even though I only did 30 min, I feel my confidence increasing:clapping: I wore my hair in 4braids and pinned it into two braided pigtails. I then put a sweat headband over it. Once I finished my mini workout, I took the braids out for a "braidout" that I had planned on pinning up.I wish it was warmer out and I didnt have to wear a coat, cause I would of def wore the braidout out. My hair looks like ish pinned up though. It looks frizzy in the back and flat in the front. But I don't care; I worked out and my hair is protected!:yep:

I think my hair blues is from self sabotage. You know when you are finally on the right track: DC, trims, PS etc... that little voice in your head says "You will never reach BSL and don't even think a/b WL". I gonna muzzle that voice and keep on trucking.:yep: Also, sometimes when I PS too long I get anxious that my hair isnt really growing and that I need to straighten it in order to see the proof. But I am gonna hold off until our length check.

Happy Growing Ladies & sorry for the long post:drunk::drunk::drunk:

i know that voice! i start doing stupid stuff when i listen to it. but not this year! i won't be trying anything drastic right now or going off of my reggie. the last stupid thing i did was believe i could use that comb attachment blow dryer thingy. it was just ripping my hair out. i threw that thing in the garbage. i won't fall asleep with conditioner in my hair or leave it on too long. i won't try a hair coloring product i am not familiar with just because it is on sale.

View attachment 193375

kandiekj100
i had to look for this post to see what everyone was talking about! what wig is that? it looks good on you! i am a sucka for short hair! i have one called It's A Wig style Molly! i love her! it's the best wig for my peanut head! i was thinking about washing her and wearing her in the hospital!:lol: i would just get some cornrows and just rock her for a week. i don't wear mine straight though. i put some flips and spikes in it. i need to order another one. there is a wig store about 15 mins from my house that carries her. i would like another mommy wig too, but i don't think they make her anymore more? i got Marilyn, but i had to have someone cut the lace for me.

shortdub78

It is the Sensationnel HZ A015. I first saw it on Glamazini about a year and half ago (see link) and fell in love with it instantly, although I didn't purchase until many months later. I was so scared I couldn't pull it off. Finally I mentioned and showed to the coworker I mentioned above and she told me I was crazy if I didn't buy it. Now if i can find a longer wig, or a bob that does the same thing for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G903xmDxWhs&list=PLC3B9AD0202009F3B&index=45

Last edited:
Thank you. When you say natural I don't know if you mean not-relaxed or real hair. I was natural and am now now relaxed.

I've been at my job for 3 going on 4 years now, so most know what the deal is by now. Every now and again I'll get folks who will really think I've cut my hair. People seem to really like it. I even got one of my White coworkers to purchase a wig. She didn't end up wearing it because it didn't frame her face right. But she says she will try again.

But yeah, they see me go from flat relaxed, to braidout to curly wig, to curly fro wig to wig with colors. I don't wear the wigs too often but I do think I still confuse them sometimes. I have one who'll just give me the look and go "Is it.." and I go yep and she'll call me a brat. It's said in love, I promise. This is the same one who bought the wig. She likes variety too and with her you never know what color her hair will be, lol.

I meant natural as in real...

But that's good they already know what to expect.

just came out of a meeting from hell. One of our board members went in on us big time accusing us of corruption and shoddy work, and when myself and another co-worker responded saying that we were offended bu his accusations he says we young people take everything personal.

and Im sure hes senile because I explained the concept and rationale behind the presentation (which they, the board members approved and which my Director approved) then he comes asking questions about why it was done this way and not another way.

sheesh we both were literally on the verge of tears (mainly because of anger because we couldnt tell him 'bout him bumbo)

funnily though he calmed down after lunch was served so maybe the poor bastard was just hungry or drunk !!!!

just came out of a meeting from hell. One of our board members went in on us big time accusing us of corruption and shoddy work, and when myself and another co-worker responded saying that we were offended bu his accusations he says we young people take everything personal.

and Im sure hes senile because I explained the concept and rationale behind the presentation (which they, the board members approved and which my Director approved) then he comes asking questions about why it was done this way and not another way.

sheesh we both were literally on the verge of tears (mainly because of anger because we couldnt tell him 'bout him bumbo)

funnily though he calmed down after lunch was served so maybe the poor bastard was just hungry or drunk !!!!

Don't worry about it! He probably was hungry!!! And likes to hear himself talk. I've been in meetings where people will say anything just to have something to say! Makes no sense at all!

Washed and dc'd with ORS packs over the weekend. I let air dry and put in some cornrows which I moisturizer with NTM and castor oil for my wig PS. I'll be back with picks tomorrow as I have already snatched said wig off for the day :look:

Back