BSL 2013 Challenge

I think I will take my twists out this weekend. It's been 5 weeks and I really do miss my hair.

jprayze I don't envy you having to take out all those twists, I know I haven't got the patience for it, I'd probably have to pay to get them taken out. I hope the twists don't take the same amount of time to take out as they did to put in.

Im about to pee my pants but after taking out my braids yesterday i realized a few strands hit bsl smh its a wrap this year is my year now i cant wait until the end of this year

Kerryann Congratulations

Had to share this. Dh tried to braid our sons hair yesterday lol

lamaria211 Your son is so cute, I really miss that age. You got DH well trained on the hair game :lol:

Took them out. Eh it's okay. I think it would've been better if I did smaller sections. I'll do smaller ones next tme..

NikkiQ The smaller you do them, the better your hair will stretch, I recommend 12-16 of them to get a really good stretch. I used to get my hair done like this all the time when I was a little girl :lol:

ok finally some decent pics of my lil bunny bun bun.

So the verdict at work is
older ppl LOVED IT
younger ppl HATED IT

I mean I was getting bbs telling me never to wear my hair like that again, like ppl be angry that I put up my hair lol, saying I look old and such and what happen to my big hair :lachen:(these are my close work colleagues, and not said in a shady way at all)

One older man said, "oh, you combed your hair today" :blush:
my BF does not like it at all, didnt like it last night when I was playing around with it either :lol:

But its nice to know that Ive converted a whole office to like big natural hair :yep:

BUNr_zps6df2d056.jpg

BUN2r_zps568dd5be.jpg

not sure why that pic came out sideways, its fine in photobucket :spinning:

Last edited:
Angel of the North and KiWiStyle thanks! I looked at it like cheap products, cheap ingredients...I feel dumb, I'm going to try and grab some today! The Product Junkie in me is doing a Happy Dance :yay:

NikkiQ thanks for posting a pic... It looks like a blow out, or at least what my blow outs look like... That's a good idea for a heatless way to stretch

lamaria211 aww...so cute! I can't wait to have my son!!! How old is he

Almost 11 months, he just started walking

Hi guys, thanks for all of the support and warm wishes, I feel better, but still giving my hair a break; I took my braids down b/c I was really tired of wearing a wig and I swear I am suffering from some mystery mass breakage; so I just put it up in this huge bun-thingy. I put a pic below, have a good Tuesday guys!

I love your bun!!! It's so big and beautiful.

jprayze I don't envy you having to take out all those twists, I know I haven't got the patience for it, I'd probably have to pay to get them taken out. I hope the twists don't take the same amount of time to take out as they did to put in.

Ikr!!! Not looking forward to it at all!!! I dont have the patience I used to have for this type of thing. This may be my last time for something like this. My sister wears micros all the time and she pays them 60 to take them out and put in a new set.

Ladies, is February our Bunning month? Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out. Since I'm taking my twists out this weekend, I will likely be wet Bunning for a few days to give my hair a rest before my first flat iron of 2013! Anxious to see if alternating liquid gold and my MN mix boosted my growth.

Ladies, is February our Bunning month? Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out. Since I'm taking my twists out this weekend, I will likely be wet Bunning for a few days to give my hair a rest before my first flat iron of 2013! Anxious to see if alternating liquid gold and my MN mix boosted my growth.

jprayze yes we're sock bunning this month. Some will bun without the sock.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You're talking about the shape of your sock, LOL?! It's big but who doesn't absolutely love a big, juicy bun?

The sock is so big that when I put a ponytail tie around my hair to secure it,it shapes it all weird lol

Sent from my Android...Boom.

@jprayze yes we're sock bunning this month. Some will bun without the sock.

I will be joining in soon using my hair covered donut. This is the one I use http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Hairdressing-Hair-Donut-Ring-Bun-Shaper-Styler-/350598260243

but I didn't pay that much at my local BSS. The only thing is my hair is getting too long for it (I have to tuck it all types of ways...but I don't think I will have a good shape or fullness without it.

I will be joining in soon using my hair covered donut. This is the one I use http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Hairdressing-Hair-Donut-Ring-Bun-Shaper-Styler-/350598260243

but I didn't pay that much at my local BSS. The only thing is my hair is getting too long for it (I have to tuck it all types of ways...but I don't think I will have a good shape or fullness without it.

I can't wait to see your bun!! I have to tuck mine to but I kind of wrap around the bun while gently tucking the hair in a continuous circular motion. I just learned I have to bin with curly ends to completely cover the sock.

Yall while moisturizing last night, omg, my poor hair.......I'm VIGILANT about these vitamins.....thankful that I saw this before you could look at my hair and be like WTF!!!! I think I am going to get it braided or twisted so that I can just leave it alone and protect it.
:cry2:
I'm not giving up though!!!

^^^ What did you see??

Breakage/loss in the crown area as well as what I saw on my hairline previously........
It's funny because my hair is so thick, that unless I go through it very carefully it can be easy to miss......Plus I have been bunning (I switch spots regularly so that's not it) But I know that I'm severely anemic too....so I'm about my business now! :yep:

Breakage/loss in the crown area as well as what I saw on my hairline previously........
It's funny because my hair is so thick, that unless I go through it very carefully it can be easy to miss......Plus I have been bunning (I switch spots regularly so that's not it) But I know that I'm severely anemic too....so I'm about my business now! :yep:

I think you shouldn't leave it alone. You should wear it so you can have access to your hair (maybe buns) to moisturize and seal properly at least once a day. You need to baby that area; make it a habit to m&s in small sections, this way you'll get all your strands and you'll notice breakage earlier. Concentrate on those ends!

I think you shouldn't leave it alone. You should wear it so you can have access to your hair (maybe buns) to moisturize and seal properly at least once a day. You need to baby that area; make it a habit to m&s in small sections, this way you'll get all your strands and you'll notice breakage earlier. Concentrate on those ends!

You think so....thinking.....*sigh*

Back