BSL 2013 Challenge

How do u apply ur coconut milk? I have some but never got around to using it. Do u put oils or anything to mix it?

Most of the time my coconut milk ends up in a pot with some rice for my Caribbean DH. But I put one aside for my hair like a year ago... I need to use it out on my hair.

I've never used it before, but would probably mix it with some DC,oils and MAYBE some avocado :giggle:

Today I saw the most beautiful man. Did a double take( a subtle one) got caught staring then received the sexiest smirk ever. I had to share.

Also I have my hair in braids. Let the PSing begin!

I have made up my mind that once I break down these braids for the semester, I will be going to the salon with curlformers in tote (yes I am one of those ladies who brings my clips and doobie rollers to the salon) so I can save my arms the trouble and still get my desired style while being pampered. :)

I just don't want to be bothered right now.

Soooo SO and I were going to get pics together tomorrow, but he made a subtle comment that he would like some pics with just my hair and nothing else. Now this was unusual bc he never usually has a preference, He said he liked the twists, but wanted the pics to reflect what I look like normally which most of time is a straight style, created by flat ironing my natural hair. I blame it on the 2012 APL challenge which got my hair growing strong and healthy lol...i guess the man loves MY hair :-)

So we cancelled the professional pics but he did manage to take a few pics with me!

image-3055282965.jpg

Hiya ladies!

Still dc, cowashing, braidouts etc... I've been trying new products. I am in luv with HE hydrolicious. I am also luving HE, honey I'm strong. It has great slip. Another thing I've been trying & luving is the LOC method. I use my rose water, walnut oil & then HE. I bought sum new styling tools. I bought the spin pins. I really like them & a sturdier hair clip. I've been trying to bun my hair but I think its not working for me. Here's a pic w/ my new tools!

Happy growing ladies!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Sorry I hit send before adding the pics!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Attachments

• IMG_20130203_105545.jpg
    IMG_20130203_105545.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20130203_105549.jpg
    IMG_20130203_105549.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 31
Awww thanks for all the love ladies!!! He really is a blessing to me. Came into my life unexpectedly and now it's like he's always been here. I drafted one of my buddies to take these after church :-)

I think I will take the twists out this upcoming weekend...maybe. I took a few out and did have quite a bit of product buildup...I'm gonna need a lot of patience. Now he got me hyped up to see my hair again!

jprayze you and your honey are so cute!! I love the pics :love2:

Very much so looking forward to wash day today. Might get started early so I can do it all in one day instead of stretching it over 2 days.

So yall bunning?
:yep:
This Mango Butter really is like magic to me! I washed my hair Saturday, and Sunday I had to kinda rearrange my pony, when I took my hair down I was like WHAT! My hair was like BUTTAH! I kept running my hands through it! I was almost late for church!!!!! And I took my bun down last night to moisturize and seal and I really didn't need to. :reddancer:
I gotta get more!!!!

I think one of the reasons I haven't done anything with my hair in the new year is because I got heat damage from straightening my hair for new year. I miss my kinks. My hair just lays there now somewhat straight. It's easier to detangle, but I want my coils back. I am afraid I will have to cut and start over.

oh and when I washed my hair this weekend I was airdrying and noticed how horrible my edges are.....OMG :nono:
I was going to curl it/flat iron it but naw....I can't be bald. I have goals to reach. So glad we are bunning this month and I DARE somebody to say something about my hair not being "done"

Phaer what have you done since your straightening? Any hard core protein treatments?

I do a hair treatment (lovenatural something from yt. It uses AOGBP) every time I wash. Should I add eggs to it, use a different treatment? I've just kinda given up.

I do a hair treatment (lovenatural something from yt. It uses AOGBP) every time I wash. Should I add eggs to it, use a different treatment? I've just kinda given up.

The GPB doesn't seem like a very strong treatment or at least it wasn't to my hair. I would use an Aphogee treatment after using any kind of heat on my hair and it would help it our tremendously.

The GPB doesn't seem like a very strong treatment or at least it wasn't to my hair. I would use an Aphogee treatment after using any kind of heat on my hair and it would help it our tremendously.

I will try their 2 step protein treatment this week and let you know. Thank you.

Hair has been shampooed and DC is on. Gonna leave it only for about 3hrs then detangle,rinse and braid to stretch it out for buns.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Are you natural ladies getting buns on un-stretched hair? I tried over the weekend and my hair was not having it.

I would need to get a pretty hard blow out for my hair to get into a bun :(

Are you natural ladies getting buns on un-stretched hair? I tried over the weekend and my hair was not having it.

I would need to get a pretty hard blow out for my hair to get into a bun :(

I've done my sock buns on braid outs or twist outs. Sockless buns are done on unstretched hair by splitting my pony in half,twistin each session,and pinning them down in a bun.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Still working with Tammy!

I'm realizing how much hair MBL will be though... Sheesh! The Tammy half is at MBL an I just know my own hair will be insane to work with at that length.

I am trying to be about this LHCF WL hair life... I dunno though, MBLjyst might have to be it (although I want to reach WL so I can cut and donate it).

My... That's a LOT of hair though.

Still working with Tammy!

I'm realizing how much hair MBL will be though... Sheesh! The Tammy half is at MBL an I just know my own hair will be insane to work with at that length.

I am trying to be about this LHCF WL hair life... I dunno though, MBLjyst might have to be it (although I want to reach WL so I can cut and donate it).

My... That's a LOT of hair though.

I think BSL may be it for me.

Back