BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Just sticking to my regimen and keeping my hair in twists. I have what seems like a lot of breakage, but all I can do is stick to my regimen and try to keep my hair moisturized. I know I need to cowash midweek, but my schedule is too busy to do that right now. Maybe when the weather is warmer, I can cowash in the morning and do a puff, then twist later that night. Not planning on hitting APL until June and BSL in December, but I feel like I am still on track.

I am so grateful for HWs and hiding my hair. i do check everyonce in a while to see my progress and i can already tell that my hair is growing better then it ever has in its relaxed life. I know BSL is reachable with patience and good haircare!!

Tried out the shingling method with MJ Curly Meringue this past weekend and it worked out pretty good. I had a lot of shrinkage so I didn't really like the first day. But, after putting my hair in a pineapple at night and letting down the next day, that helped stretch it out and it looked real good. Not quite sure if I will do again, don't really care for the stringy look too much, lol.

First pic is the initial results, second is next day.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 54
Put my hair up in a bun this morning. I've been wearing my hair out to much in the past week and a half (in a rollerset). I'm thinking of doing a henna gloss treatment this weekend.......

Im in 4cornrows now and a cute wig on top. My very first wig ever. Cool. I can take it.off,moisturize,wash and all that. Longest layers have reached apl. So i will do my best to get to bsl by december 2012 but i have a feeling i wont get there.... Im gonna blow dry on.low heat and see what that does.

I switched from Mixed Chicks' Leave-in to Jane Carters' leave-in because I thought that the glycerin was not playing nice with my hair in MC. I think I am going to need to go back, it was so much easier to detangle and I feel like my hair isn't really absorbing the JC leave-in this go 'round. :nono: Finding the right product is constantly a work in progress.

I just washed my hair this past weekend with Giovanni Wheat Shampoo and Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioned with Suave's humectant moisturizing conditioner. I applied Essential Oils leave in spray, then used a creamy leave in, mixed silk, and followed it with grapeseed oil to seal all that in. I can't remember if I used my twist and lock gel to flat twist my hair but anyway I flat twisted my hair in about 6-8 twist and braided the nape of my hair as an anchor for my wig comb. Then I styled my new light yaki lace wig for work the next day. My hair is doing pretty good and I did trim my ends recently when it was straight, so it looks good when it is wet as well. I am just nursing my hair back to health and trying to maintain the length I already have acheived the past couple of years. I am pretty hooked on lace wigs and I hide my hair all year long, except for certain occasions. So, I may not be posting very much because I am basically doing the same things to my hair, but when I do change something or find a great product I will chime in. HHG ladies.

I just got a sew in that I love! BAD news is that while the stylist did a wonderful job, I didn't stand up to her when she used a fine tooth comb to get the final tangles out on my ends. I had some breakage on the floor, but I wasn't sure if those were inevitable breakage pieces. Anyway, I will see what progress I have made in a couple of months and possibly get a small trim when I get the sew in. I am long over due.

I had an awesome washday! My hair feels great!
I DC overnight with PBN. Co-washed with CJ Daily Fix, then did a black tea rinse. I added Giovanni 50:50 on top and put a plastic cap for about 45 mins. I rinsed it out, and while I was in the shower I added a generous amount of KCKT. I used a microfiber towel which absorbed only the excess product I had in my hair. I then twisted with JBCO, and Saravun Castor Oil Cream. I sounds like a lot but it's really not. Using KCNT before towel drying made a TON of difference! I am so excited!!! LOL

My new reggie seems to be working well. I flat ironed already this year and I feel I'm on my way to bsl, slowly but surely. I'm a slow grower so my goal was/is Dec...but August would be awesome.

I've been going hard in the paint with my protective styling. Despite of my dryness issues, I've retained my normal 1/2 inch per month. I'm now at 11 inches all over, and I only need 13 inches to be BSB. Therefore, that should happen in the month of June, but I still won't hit BSL until the end of this year :yep:.

I re-tried single two strand twists last night after my huge FAIL last year (it was horrible, really)...and I must admit, I'm very proud of myself! I'm even sporting the hairstyle I got off of youtube today with a lot of compliments from the co-workers :yep::grin: Woot!

I think I'm gonna wig it or try a new PS for the next 6 months or so.

I've trimmed and braided up the fro. Now I just need to leave it alone.
Back to daily rinsing/cowashing, M&Sing and wigging. I will also go back to washing/DCing weekly with my ayurveda mixes. Adding visualizing and prayer to the mix should help me to get there quickly! :)

Dusted my ends yesterday so cut off a little of my progress but wanted healthy ends. Still hoping to hit APL by June and the BSB by December. A growth spurt in the spring would be wonderful :yep:

faithVA I feel you. I've been staring at my hair for the last couple of months, and after my last dusting have seemed to stay at a sneeze away from APL with no changes. I hope my hair grows faster in the Spring, because I think my hair took a timeout this winter. :( I want to see BSL by the end of the year man!

bunning and wearing a wig for fun is what i will be about until June. i decided i won't wear my hair out for my birthday. i got a new wig and i want another one like her to wear in April.

Ok, my reggie has to change again. Since moving to Switzerland I noticed that the water is way too hard and is drying my hair out something serious. I'm getting way too much breakage and my hair just feels horrible everytime I wash. So I decided to keep my braids in for a month at a time under my wig. I will coninue to moisturize and seal 2-3xs a week, but washing so frequently is out of the question as I am determined to meet BSL by July/August and MBL by year end.

13StepsAhead said:
Ok, my reggie has to change again. Since moving to Switzerland I noticed that the water is way too hard and is drying my hair out something serious. I'm getting way too much breakage and my hair just feels horrible everytime I wash. So I decided to keep my braids in for a month at a time under my wig. I will coninue to moisturize and seal 2-3xs a week, but washing so frequently is out of the question as I am determined to meet BSL by July/August and MBL by year end.

Why don't you get a water filter?

Why don't you get a water filter?

Lilmama1011
I'm trying to find one locally, but have not had much luck and the cost to ship it here and the possibility of a VAT tax is just not worth it, since I will only be here for the next 5 months. I will definietly invest in one when I visit home before I head to Malaysia.

So I'm new and only JUST moved from lurkdom to being a legit subscriber, is it too late to hop on this challenge?

I so love cowashing with V05. It has amazing slip and makes detangling soooo easy. I also think my hair rather cowashing all the time versus every other wash (alternating with shampoo). My hair is soo soft!!

Still in a bun haven't washed my hair in about 2wks. I was going to do a henna gloss treatment this past weekend but laziness took over. I have a event this weekend and I'm getting my hair straightened on Friday. I can't wait to see if I have a little progress.

Back